Squash caviar is one of the favorite snacks of many people. With the advent of the first zucchini we rush for them to the market to prepare this tasty and savory dish. Especially good is caviar from young fruits, which still have tender flesh and thin skin. They are perfectly combined with young carrots, fragrant garlic, the cloves of which are still in the stage of “milky” ripeness and onions. Tomato paste harmoniously fits into the overall composition, subtly emphasizing the taste of vegetables, giving the dish a slight sourness and bringing a piquant touch.
- young squash - 1 kg;
- young carrots - 3 pcs .;
- bulb onion - 1 head;
- young garlic - 1 head;
- fennel greens - a few sprigs (for decorating a dish);
- refined sunflower oil - 3 tbsp. l .;
- tomato paste - 4 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 2 tsp;
- ground black pepper - to taste;
- salt to taste.
1. Wash and clean the carrots. Since the roots are young and the skin is still very thin and tender, it is enough to scrape them with a knife. Cut the carrot into slices of arbitrary shape.
2. Cleaned and washed onion, too, arbitrarily chop.
3. Pour the sunflower oil into the multicooker bowl. Put the carrots and onions.
Do not close the lid. Turn on “Baking” mode and set the time - 10 minutes. Cook until the end of the specified time, not forgetting to stir occasionally.
4. Wash squash thoroughly, remove stalks and cut into cubes.
5. Add zucchini in multicastry, mix thoroughly.
6. Close the multicooker lid, turn the valve to the “Closed” position. Set the mode of "Quenching" and set the time to 20 minutes.
While vegetables for squash caviar are cooked, wash and finely chop the head of young garlic.
7. In the middle of the cooking cycle, open the lid and add garlic, tomato paste, salt, black pepper and sugar to the bowl.
8. Gently mix, close the lid again, and leave the valve open. Cook another 10 minutes before the beep.
Open the lid and transfer the contents of the bowl to another container, such as a saucepan or bowl.
9. Using an immersion blender, chop the vegetables to a puree.
10. Caviar from zucchini ready. Pour it into a beautiful deep plate, garnish with dill sprigs and serve to the table. A perfect accompaniment to this dish will be wholegrain bread, white bread toast or slices of freshly baked black bread. And also squash caviar is a wonderful side dish for meat dishes.
Mistress of the note:
The same way you can cook caviar from ripe vegetables: zucchini, carrots, garlic and onions.
To improve the taste in the caviar, you can add a pod of Bulgarian pepper.
Equipment. Caviar from zucchini was prepared in a multicooker Mirta MPC 95.