Pickling fish at home is an opportunity to get a product of the same quality (or even better) as fish from the store, after spending only a little time preparing the brine.
But, there is one very important “but”. Almost all fish, both river and sea, are dangerous by infestation by parasites. Before home salting, be sure to read the recommendations regarding fish processing regimes and make sure that the mackerel you bought can be salted.
With regard to taste, the carcass should not be covered with yellowish oil stains. This is a rancid fat, which indicates long-term storage and improper freezing. Such fish has a bitter taste, an unpleasant smell and a much lower nutritional value.
- carcass of mackerel - 1 piece;
- peppercorns - 10 g;
- cloves - 5 g;
- salt - 100 g;
- vinegar - 50 ml;
- water - 2, 5 l.
Cooking time: 2 days, number of servings: 5.
1. For salting, you must choose a large and beautiful mackerel, without any defects or dents. If it is frozen, it is necessary to defrost it slightly naturally, rinse well under running water and let it dry. For salting mackerel is better to use different peppers: allspice, black, red and white. Mix all the peppers together in the same pot.
2. In the mackerel carcass, remove the head, as well as gut it and remove all the entrails.
3. Next, you need to cook the brine: pour pepper and cloves into an enamel bowl.
4. Add salt to them. The amount of salt can be varied, based on their preferences. The main thing - do not overdo it.
5. Pour all the necessary amount of water, put on the fire and boil, stirring occasionally, for about ten minutes.
6. When the brine has cooled, put the whole mackerel in it.
7. Cover the mackerel with a plate, pressing it, and leave to spawn for two days in the room. You can periodically turn: for better prozalivaniya. Six hours before consumption, add vinegar to mackerel.
8. Cut the finished mackerel into portions and serve to the table, garnished with onion rings.