Fresh greens contain a huge amount of vitamins and minerals, ahead of the concentration of nutrients most of the products. Nor is sorrel, which in ancient times was called a green doctor, an exception. In the spring, when the body is deficient in vitamins, young sorrel leaves were incidentally, helping to strengthen the immune system and restore strength. When fresh, this green is too sour, you can't eat much of it, but the soup from sorrel, also called green cabbage soup, turns out delicious, perfectly satisfies hunger and invigorates. You can do it on water or on chicken, meat broth, with the addition of various vegetables and other herbs. There are many recipes for this Russian dish, and it is impossible to say which one is the oldest and most common. Having found out the basic principles of cooking this soup, each housewife will be able to cook it according to his own recipe.
The times when green cabbage was cooked in each house were over. Not every hostess owns a recipe for this unique dish. Refusing to soup from sorrel, we rob our diet. It is not difficult to cook it, to make a tasty sorrel soup as an aspiring cook if you know a few important points.
- Only young sorrel leaves are suitable for eating. After the plant ejects the peduncle, they become coarse and are not suitable for culinary purposes.
- Before cooking, the sorrel must be washed in running water and bruised to remove sluggish, yellowed leaves. The scape of the leaves is cut, so that the rough parts do not fall into the soup.
- How much sorrel to put in the soup depends on the recipe. When cooking soup in meat broth per liter of liquid, usually take 50 g of greens. For cooking lean green squash greens require 4 times more.
- Often sorrel is combined with other greens. It helps to balance the taste of the dish, increase its nutritional value.
- You shouldn’t chop sorrel too small, otherwise it will be very soggy in the soup, becoming a shapeless mass.
- Most often eggs are added to the sorrel soup. They can be raw or boiled. In the first case, they are whipped with a small amount of water and a thin stream is poured into the boiling soup a few minutes before it is ready. Boiled eggs are cut in half or in large slices, put them immediately in a plate.
- Sorrel is added to the soup at one of the final stages of cooking, as it is cooked quickly. Fresh greens are boiled for 4-5 minutes, frozen - for 1 minute longer. Defrost before putting in the soup sorrel is not necessary.
Serving soup made of sorrel made with sour cream. If desired, it can be abandoned in favor of less high-calorie foods - yogurt, yogurt. Do not spoil the taste of the soup and crackers.
Sorrel soup on water
- sorrel - 0, 2 kg;
- potatoes - 0, 3 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- vegetable or butter - 20 ml;
- water - 1, 5 l;
- salt, fresh parsley - to taste;
- sour cream (for serving) - to taste.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into small cubes.
- Rinse sorrel in running water, dry with a towel. Inspect the leaves, discard spoiled. Remove the lower part of the stem. Coarsely chop the leaves with a knife.
- Chop parsley finely.
- Remove the husks from the bulb. Cut the onion into small cubes.
- Fry onion in oil slightly, cover with water, add potatoes.
- When the soup boils, add salt, cook for 10 minutes.
- Add sorrel, continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, break an egg, add a tablespoon of cool boiled water to it, beat with a fork.
- Trickle the egg mixture into the soup while stirring it. Cook for a minute, put the parsley in the soup and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat, pour into plates and serve to the table, spreading a spoonful of sour cream in each portion.
Similarly, sorrel soup is cooked with a boiled egg. Egg is boiled separately. Cleared, cut into quarters and laid out on plates with soup. When using boiled eggs, their number should be doubled so as not to chop too small.
Sorrel soup with chicken
- chicken meat - 1, 5 kg;
- sorrel - 0, 2 kg;
- water - 4 l;
- potatoes - 0.5 kg;
- carrots - 0, 2 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- rice (optional) - 80 g;
- green onions - 50 g;
- fresh parsley - 50 g;
- chicken egg - 6 pcs .;
- salt, bay leaf, allspice - to taste.
- Chicken cut into pieces, rinse, put in the pan.
- Peel the vegetables. Onions can be washed, but left unpeeled - this will give the broth a golden hue.
- Place carrots and onions in a meat pot.
- Fill them with water, put them on the stove.
- On medium heat, bring to a boil, remove the foam, reduce the intensity of the flame.
- Add salt, bay leaf, pepper. Boil until the chicken is soft, easily lagging behind the bones.
- Remove meat and vegetables from the broth.
- Separate the chicken meat from the bones and cut into small pieces, return to the broth. Carrots and onions have already done their job and will not be needed anymore.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes.
- Rice rinse well. If desired, it can be replaced with millet or do without croup.
- Put potatoes and rice in broth, cook for 15 minutes.
- Wash the sorrel, parsley, green onions. Finely chop the onion and parsley, cut the sorrel into medium slices, after cutting the stalks at the base of the leaves.
- Add the greens to the soup, stir. Cook for 5 minutes on low heat, remove from the burner.
- Separately boil the eggs, peel them. Cut each in half.
- Pour the soup into plates, put half of the eggs in each.
Before adding eggs to the plates, sorrel soup does not hurt to fill with sour cream or unsweetened yogurt.
Sorrel and nettle soup with meat
- pork ribs - 0, 75 kg;
- water - 2, 5 l;
- potatoes - 0, 3 kg;
- carrots - 150 g;
- onions - 150 g;
- sorrel - 100 g;
- young nettle - 100 g;
- vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- chicken eggs - 3 pcs .;
- fresh greens, salt, pepper, bay leaf - to taste;
- sour cream - to taste.
- Wash the meat, cover with cold water, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, boil for a while, removing the foam.
- Add salt and spices, cook until done.
- Remove the ribs from the soup, cool, cut off the meat from the bone and chop finely. Return to the broth.
- Peel the onions, finely chop them.
- Scrape carrots. Crush it grated.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry in it until a golden onion appears.
- Add carrots and fry until soft.
- Nettle with boiling water, rinse, chop finely.
- Wash and chop the remaining greens with a knife, including sorrel. Do not mix with nettles.
- Boil the eggs, cool them and peel them, cut them into large pieces.
- Add potatoes to the broth.
- Cook for 10 minutes, enter the onions with the carrots, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add nettles.
- After 3 minutes, enter the remaining greens, cook another 4 minutes.
Spill the soup in plates, whiten it with sour cream, garnish with slices of eggs. According to this recipe, green soup can be made from sorrel alone, without nettle. Then you need to take it twice.
Cold sorrel soup
- sorrel - 100 g;
- fresh greens - 50 g;
- potatoes - 0, 3 kg;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- fresh cucumber - 150 g;
- cooked sausage (optional) - 100 g;
- water - 1 l;
- salt, spices, sour cream - to taste.
- Boil water.
- Wash and finely chop sorrel. Add it to the boiling water.
- Salt, pepper, cook for 5 minutes and remove from heat. Cool the sorrel decoction.
- Wash and boil the potatoes without peeling. Cool it down. Peel off the skin. Cut potatoes into small cubes.
- Cook the eggs. Cool, clean. Cut into cubes.
- Wash, chop grated cucumber.
- Chop greens with a knife.
- Put vegetables, eggs and herbs in sorrel decoction, mix.
- Add sausage cut into small cubes, stir again.
Put sour cream in soup before serving to the table or put it on the table separately so that everyone can add it to taste. Cold sorrel soup is an alternative to okroshka. It turns out not less nourishing and useful, does not contain many calories.
Sorrel soup is a tasty and healthy dish of Russian cuisine. He used to be on the menu of almost every family. Today, the tradition is reviving, and many housewives have already managed to appreciate the pleasant, slightly sour taste of green cabbage soup. Preparing them is not difficult even for a novice chef.