Cupcakes, muffins, cupcakes ... There is a whole family of cakes with delicate, almost biscuit dough, which differ from cakes in a large ratio of the surface (and hence the delicious dried crust) to the crumb. Actually, this is why cream is not necessary for muffins and muffins - they have their own taste and their own niche among desserts.
But all kinds of fillers will not interfere - jam, jams, nuts, dried or fresh fruit.
If you choose cherry queen in addition to muffins, add it to the dough, carefully squeezing out extra juice, and after adding berries, mix the dough very carefully, because in small concentrations cherry juice makes it greenish.
- eggs - 4 pcs .;
- sugar - 2/3 stack;
- butter - 200 g;
- flour - 1 stack .;
- baking powder - 2 tsp;
- pitted cherries - 150 g.
Number of servings: 10-12 pcs. Cooking time: 1 hour.
1. We drive eggs into a deep bowl and start beating with a whisk.
2. Add sugar to the eggs and continue to beat until smooth.
3. Next, add softened butter at room temperature to the egg mass and continue to beat the mixture until smooth.
4. Separately mix the sifted flour with baking powder for the dough and partly add the dry ingredients to the creamy mass, quickly kneading the homogeneous dough without lumps.
5. Remove the canned cherries from the jar by pouring out the juice and add it to the creamy dough, mixing everything carefully.
6. We lubricate a special form for muffins with butter, fill it with dough for 2/3 and send to bake in an oven preheated to 200 ° C.
7. We bake muffins until golden brown, checking the readiness with a fork.
8. Cool ready muffins and serve with tea.