Kutaba - a dish of the kitchen of sunny Azerbaijan. It is a thin cakes made from unleavened dough, shaped like a crescent and filled, as a rule, with meat, pumpkin, pomegranate seeds, onions, cottage cheese, greens, cheese. In the recipe offered by us, the cottage cheese, green onions and fragrant dill will serve as the filling for the qutab. Chopped garlic blends perfectly into the overall composition, giving the filling a more savory taste. A lemon juice and black pepper only complement the dish, giving it an additional flavor notes.
Cooking time: 45 min.
for the test:
- wheat flour - 2 glasses with a capacity of 250 ml;
- cold water - 0, 7 glasses with a capacity of 250 ml;
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l .;
- salt - pinch.
for the filling:
- fat cottage cheese - 400 g;
- dill greens - 1/2 bunch;
- green onions - 1/2 bunch;
- small lemon - 1 pc .;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- salt - to taste;
- ground black pepper - to taste;
- butter - for lubricating finished products.
1. First you need to make unleavened dough. To do this, sift flour in a bowl.
2. Make a small depression in the flour hill and pour vegetable oil into it and add a pinch of salt.
3. Pour water in a thin stream.
4. Knead the unleavened dough. It should be soft, elastic and absolutely not to stick to hands.
5. Return the finished dough to a bowl, cover with a clean towel and leave to proof for 20 minutes.
In the meantime, prepare the filling. Peel garlic cloves, rinse and finely chop. Or you can skip the garlic through the press.
Wash lemon with hot water, cut it in half and squeeze 1 tbsp. l juice.
Rinse green onions and dill, shake off the water and chop.
6. Put cottage cheese in a bowl. Add chopped greens, green onions, garlic, lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything thoroughly.
7. Roll the dough out of dough.
8. Divide it into 6 identical pieces.
9. Roll out each piece of dough into a cake approximately 2 mm thick.
10. The filling is also divided into 6 identical parts. Put one part of the filling on the half cake.
11. Cover the second half of the dough and carefully pinch the edges.
12. Preheat oven to 220 ° C.
Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper. Put on it kutab with cottage cheese.
13. Bring in the oven for 20 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn the Qutab to the other side.
Kutaby with curd and herbs are ready. Put them on a large dish and immediately, still hot, grease with butter.
Together with dill and green onions, you can add a few cilantro twigs to the qutab filling.