When it comes to salads, beets can be considered an outsider. Herring under a fur coat, beet salad with prunes and vinaigrette - this is almost a complete list of popular and well-known salads, which use this useful for digestion and tasty vegetables.
But it is not necessary to have a ready-made recipe to replenish your diet with beet dishes - feel free to experiment, because beets have a calm, “non-conflicting” taste, and will easily find a place among vegetables, and paired with fish, seafood, nuts and fruits.
An example of a tasty and simple salad, which uses only the most popular products - beet salad with peas and red cabbage.
- medium red cabbage - 1 head;
- canned peas - 200 g;
- beets - 1 pc .;
- onion - 1 pc .;
- table salt;
- mayonnaise - 2 tbsp. l
1. Open canned peas, drain the juice. Onions cleaned from the husk, washed in cool water. Rinse the cabbage and beets. Put the beets in the water, bring it to a boil, and cook for about 40 minutes. After we take it out and give time to cool.
2. Cut the onion into thin half rings.
3. Shred cabbage into a capacious container, send onions to the same place.
4. Put the right amount of peas.
5. Peel the beets, cut them into cubes of medium size.
6. Salt the dish, dress with mayonnaise and mix gently.
7. Pour into a salad bowl and, having decorated with greens, serve to the table.