Beef dishes are always satisfying. This meat does not contain a large amount of fat, but it contains many substances necessary for the body, including amino acids. Most often, snacks from bull meat are served with a side dish or immediately cooked with vegetables and cereals. Tasty, fragrant and healthy is bulgur with beef. This variety of wheat cereal, popular in the East, has several advantages. It has all the valuable qualities peculiar to wheat, and due to the fine crushing and processing during steam production, it does not cook for a short time without turning into a mash even if the recommended heat treatment time is exceeded. If bulgur and meat are supplemented with vegetables, you get a juicy and fragrant food that can saturate even the most hungry eater.
The process of cooking bulgur porridge with beef is not difficult, and even an aspiring cook will cope with the task. However, to obtain the best result, he needs to know and take into account several important points.
- Bulgur comes in different sizes. Small is suitable only for the preparation of confectionery, meatballs and similar dishes, in which it is added instead of flour or semolina. For main dishes usually use medium-sized cereal. Large bulgur is used for cooking soups or pilau. Considering the fact that it takes a lot of time to cook beef, for dishes with it it is better to choose bulgur of large crushing, but you can use medium-sized cereal.
- It is not necessary to rinse before cooking bulgur, as steam treatment in the production of cereals is sufficient for its disinfection. However, if you wash the coarse grits, the trouble will not happen.
- Many cooks fry bulgur in a frying pan or in oil before cooking. This allows you to reveal nutty notes. They become especially obvious if the grits are fried in butter.
- Beef is fried, stewed or boiled until at least half cooked before being mixed with bulgur, since it is cooked on the stove for only 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the grains, in a slow cooker - 30-40 minutes. It is not worth more than one and a half times to exceed this time, since the bulgur is so much boiled down, increasing in volume by about 3 times.
- Bulgur with meat turns out to be more tasty and juicy if the main ingredients are supplemented with vegetables or mushrooms. This is especially important when using lean meats, which include beef.
- The younger the animal that owned the meat, the softer and softer it will turn out. It also takes less time to cook veal than it does to cook old beef.
- For the preparation of second courses, it is desirable to use fresh or chilled beef. When defrosting meat can lose some moisture and become dry. If you are forced to make pilaf with bulgur from frozen beef, give it the opportunity to thaw in the refrigerator, then it will hardly differ from that which has not been frozen.
You can cook beef with bulgur in a cauldron, in a pan, in a slow cooker. The recipes of this dish are varied, and the technology of their preparation is also not always identical. To avoid mistakes and get the expected result, it is advisable to adhere to the recommendations accompanying the selected recipe.
Bulgur with beef in a pan
- beef - 0, 3 kg;
- Bulgur - 0, 35 kg;
- onions - 80 g;
- carrots - 80 g;
- sweet pepper - 120 g;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- fresh coriander - 50 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 60 ml;
- tomato paste - 40 ml;
- water - 0, 8 l;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Wash the beef, remove the films and veins. Cut the meat into oblong pieces, like beef stroganoff.
- Free the onion from the husk, cut it into thin half rings or quarters of rings.
- Scrape carrots, wash, dry with a napkin. Rub on a grater with large holes.
- Remove seeds and partitions from pepper. The flesh cut into quarters rings.
- Garlic cloves, peeled, cut into plates.
- Pour 30 ml of oil into the pan, heat it up.
- Put onions and garlic. Fry them until a pronounced garlic smell.
- Add the carrots, fry them for 2-3 minutes along with the rest of the vegetables.
- Add pepper, fry vegetables for another 2-3 minutes. Add tomato paste to them, then pass until soft.
- Heat the remaining butter in another pan, put the beef in it, salt it and pepper. Fry until brown crust.
- Transfer the vegetables to the beef, add half a glass of water to them, mix.
- Reduce heat, cook meat and vegetables with lid for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour bulgur into the pan with vegetables and meat, cover it with the remaining water. It is advisable to boil the water so that it is hot.
- Boil the bulgur until there is very little water left in the pan.
- Add finely chopped cilantro to the dish, mix.
- Bring the dish to readiness and serve.
Bulgur with vegetables and beef, cooked according to this recipe, turns out juicy and fragrant, appetizing looks. This is a complete dish that can serve as a lunch or dinner.
Bulgur with beef in a multicooker
- beef - 0, 3 kg;
- Bulgur - 0, 2 kg;
- tomatoes - 0, 3 kg;
- water - 0, 3 l;
- carrots - 100 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- Wash beef, release from film. Cut into cubes of medium size.
- Dip the tomatoes with boiling water, peel off. Cut the tomato pulp into small pieces of arbitrary shape.
- Onion, freeing from the husk, cut into small cubes.
- Peel the carrots, coarsely rub.
- Pour oil into the multicooker bowl. Put onions and carrots in it.
- Turn on the unit by selecting the “Frying” program. If such a function is not provided for your device, use the Baking program.
- Add meat to vegetables after 5 minutes. Continue cooking in the same program for another 10 minutes.
- Salt, pepper products, add tomatoes to them. Change the program to “Quenching”. Set the timer to 50 minutes.
- 10 minutes after starting the device in the extinguishing mode, add bulgur and water, mix the products and leave until the program is completed.
The dish will turn out even more delicious if, after the completion of the main program, add finely chopped greens and crushed garlic into it, mix and leave for 10-20 minutes in heating mode.
Bulgur and beef pilaf
- beef - 0, 4 kg;
- Bulgur - 0, 4 kg;
- water - 0, 8 l;
- refined vegetable oil - 80 ml;
- onions - 150 g;
- carrots - 150 g;
- garlic - 1 head;
- seasoning for pilaf, salt - to taste.
- Beef, washed and peeled from the films, cut into pieces of about 1.5 cm.
- Peel the carrots, cut them into quarters about half a centimeter thick.
- Onions, peeled, cut into cubes of medium size.
- From the garlic head, remove the top layer of husk.
- At the bottom of the cauldron pour oil, put beef in it. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add vegetables, salt and spices. Continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Add bulgur. In it, put the head of garlic (without breaking it into slices).
- Pour in water.
- Cook over low heat under the lid until the liquid on the surface of the Bulgur is visible.
- Take out the garlic, mix the products.
- Sweat the pilaf over low heat for another 5 minutes and remove from the stove.
The cooking technology of this dish differs little from the process of cooking traditional pilau, but to taste it is different. It is worth trying for those who are not indifferent to Eastern cuisine.
Bulgur goes well with beef. On their basis, you can cook a lot of delicious and hearty dishes, especially if you add the main ingredients of vegetables.