Seafood has not only great nutritional value, but also versatility in terms of cooking. Fish, shrimp and octopus can be prepared in a dozen ways, including add to the salad.
Such dishes are both tasty and healthy. Perhaps, it is seafood, which form the basis of the diet of the Eastern nations, allow the Japanese and Chinese to live for 90-100 years and look at the same time young and fit.
Red fish and shrimps contain more than 70% protein, which makes these products ideal for athletes and people who adhere to a low-carb diet. In addition, the fat that is in seafood is useful and incomparable in quality characteristics with the fat of animal origin. So, if, when cooled, it cools down in unappetizing lumps, then cold fish oil remains in a liquid form, just like vegetable oil.
Salad with shrimps and salmon - preparation of products and dishes
The shops sell several types of shrimp - there are tiger, and royal, and the usual medium-sized. What is the best choice for salad? In fact, they are similar in quality and taste characteristics, just large royal ones look more aesthetically pleasing, but they are also, accordingly, more expensive.
How to choose a good fish for salad? First of all, it should be understood that many types of salmon are called salmon in the store - pink salmon, chum salmon, and trout .. Most often this happens not because the seller wants to deceive you, but because of ignorance. Therefore, it is difficult to say what color and size the salmon should be. Easier to say what kind of fish should not be. The first thing to pay attention to when buying is the color of the product. Fresh fish should not be dull, not muddy, bright colors of warm shades. If you see violet or bluish cold shades, it means that the salmon has spoiled.
Smell the fish. If it is fresh, then the smell will not be at all, or it will be fresh, sea. If you feel a distinct fishy smell, then the salmon has already begun to deteriorate. In addition, fresh fish should be dense in structure, while stale exfoliates and breaks apart during cutting. Frozen fish should be covered with a thin layer of glaze, no more than 1-2 mm thick. If the ice layer is more, it means that the salmon managed to be defrosted and frozen again, which, of course, will negatively affect the quality of the product.
Which fish to buy: whole or already cut? The second option is more convenient to prepare, but also costs more. You can safely buy a whole fish, independently carve it, and cook a tasty fish soup from your head. You can do it this way - use a sharp knife to cut off the head and tail, spread your belly, pull out the insides and the spine. The bones in salmon fish are large, and therefore it is not difficult to get them. If you want to pickle salmon, sprinkle the fillet with a thick layer of salt and refrigerate for an hour.
Recipe 1: Salad with shrimp and salmon “Aristocrat”
This dish is ideal for a bachelorette party or a romantic dinner when you do not want to load your stomach with heavy and fatty foods. After the salad with shrimp and salmon, you will feel satiety and at the same time a pleasant lightness. You will need lightly salted salmon, shrimp meat, arugula and green grapes.
- Salmon - 265 gr.
- Shrimp meat - 170 gr.
- Arugula - 160 gr.
- Salad “Iceberg” - 140 gr.
- Green grapes - 145 gr.
- Lemon juice
- Sour cream - 5 tbsp.
- Pumpkin seeds - 65 gr.
- Cut fish fillets into medium-sized cups.
- Boil the shrimps in boiling water, remove the shells from them.
- Wash the greens and tear them with your hands, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Cut the washed grapes in half.
- Combine ingredients and mix with sour cream. Sprinkle the salad with pumpkin seeds.
Recipe 2: Salad with shrimps and salmon “Mexico City”
A curious combination of paprika, canned corn and seafood will delight you in this salad. The dish will turn out not only colorful and eye-catching, but also surprisingly tasty.
- Bulgarian pepper - 1/2 green and 1/2 red
- Canned corn - 140 gr.
- Fresh salmon - 220 gr.
- Royal shrimp - 170 gr.
- Sour cream - 3 tbsp
- Mayonnaise - 1 tbsp.
- Peppers, wash and cut into thin strips.
- Drain the corn.
- Seafood and salmon need to be fried. Remove the shells from the shrimp, cut the salmon fillet into long strips. Grease a hot frying pan with butter, fry the ingredients until golden brown. Cool slightly.
- Combine all ingredients. Mix mayonnaise and sour cream, season the salad.
Recipe 3: Salad with shrimps and salmon “Krese”
This Italian salad is served in all the ancient institutions of the culinary capital of the world (it is possible that under a different name, but the components do not change over the centuries). Its peculiarity is in the piquant combination of avocado, salted salmon and shrimp, and a sour apple will bring lightness and unusual “sound” to the dish.
- Avocados - 2 pcs.
- Salted fish - 210 g.
- Shrimps - 200 gr.
- 2 green sour apples (grenny smith or sevenrenko)
- Yoghurt (for dressing)
- Cut the avocado, remove the bone and select the contents with a spoon. Cut it into cubes.
- Remove the skin from the apple and cut it into thin slices.
- Cut the fish into thin slices.
- Boil shrimps in salted water, remove shells.
- Combine all the ingredients and add yogurt to the salad, mix.
Recipe 4: Salad with shrimps and salmon with seafood
In this salad, you can add any seafood you can find in the fridge. This dish is useful due to the fact that it contains a lot of protein and low fat. You can fill this dish with a mixture of sour cream and mayonnaise or yogurt.
- Salted salmon - 170 gr.
- Shrimps - 155 gr.
- Octopus meat - 160 gr.
- Squid - 2 carcasses
- Mayonnaise - 2 tbsp.
- Soy sauce - 2 tbsp.
- Yoghurt - 2 tbsp.
- Prepare the components. Shrimp, octopus and squid need to be boiled. Cook the shrimp for about 5 minutes, the octopus - 2-3, and from the squid first remove the film, and then lower it into the boiling water for exactly a minute. Seafood cut into medium pieces.
- Cut salted fish into strips.
- Mix soy sauce, mayonnaise and yogurt.
- Combine the ingredients, dressing with sauce, and sprinkle with sesame.
Recipe 5: Salad with shrimp and salmon, oriental
Spicy salad is suitable for a party in the Japanese style or just if you want something unusual.
- Shrimp meat - 180 gr.
- Fish fillet - 170 gr.
- Carrots - 1 piece
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 pc.
- Black olives (pitted) - 10 pcs.
- Soba noodles (buckwheat) - 120 gr.
- Soy Sauce
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp.
- Ginger (in powder)
- Rice vinegar - 1/2 tsp.
- Prepare the salad dressing by combining the sauce, sugar, vinegar, and ginger.
- Grate carrots for vegetables in Korean, and chop peppers into thin and long straws.
- Cook the noodles. Boil it for 5 minutes in boiling water, then rinse under running water.
- Cut the olives in half.
- Cut the fish into thin long strips.
- Boil shrimp, peel the shells.
- Combine all the ingredients and pour marinade. Salad should be brewed for at least two hours before serving.
Salad with shrimps and salmon - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
How to decorate a salad with shrimp and salmon? Perfect red caviar. For a large dish, you only need a couple of teaspoons of caviar, so this “decoration” will not cost you much. Chopped walnuts or pine nuts, as well as pomegranate seeds, will also be very appropriate.
If you buy frozen shrimp, you should know: the icing should be thin and inconspicuous, but the purchase of shrimp in the ice shell is best to refuse.