If you think that a ham sandwich is a slice of bread with a slice of ham, then you are mistaken.
If you connect imagination and creativity, spend 5 minutes more time, add additional ingredients, you will get not just a quick snack in a hurry, but a full hearty and tasty breakfast or dinner.
Ham Sandwiches - General Cooking Principles
The easiest way is to grease a slice of bread with any sauce, put a circle of ham on it and, for example, a tomato or cucumber, and sprinkle with grated cheese on top. You can make such a snack in minutes, serving cold, or slightly heated, before melting the cheese, in the microwave or in the oven.
But you can make sandwiches and more complex, which will also be a wonderful decoration of the festive table. The blessing of ham is a meat product that perfectly combines with any ingredients.
Anyway, the main components of the sandwich are bread and ham. Bread can be bought as toast bread, which will just need to be unpacked, as well as with an ordinary loaf, which will have to be cut. Ham for making sandwiches is better to take quality, but from what it will be - from chicken, pork or beef - is not so important.
All components of a sandwich or simply cut into layers and laid out in any order on the prepared, fried or greased, bread or crumble, mix and spread on the same bread.
Recipe 1: Ham and Vegetable Sandwiches
• thin slices of white bread;
• 200 g of ham;
• 3-4 pieces of radish;
• one egg;
• two spoons of sour cream and ketchup;
• 50 grams of hard cheese;
• two tomatoes;
• leaves of fresh greens;
• ground paprika, salt.
1. Thoroughly wash the radishes and tomatoes, cut into small cubes.
2. Ham cleaned from the shell, also cut into small cubes or rub on a coarse grater. 3. We rub cheese, leaves of parsley and dill we grind.
4. Put all the prepared ingredients in one bowl, break an egg here, add salt and ground paprika to taste.
5. Fill with sour cream and ketchup, mix thoroughly.
6. Apply on each piece of bread an even layer of prepared filling.
7. Spread sandwiches on a greased baking sheet.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for about seven minutes.
Recipe 2: Hot sandwiches with ham and cheese
• 150 g cooked smoked ham;
• small onion
• white not sweet loaf;
• fresh parsley;
• 150 grams of cheese;
• 2 tbsp. l sour cream;
• spices: ground pepper, chili, curry, dried basil.
1. Cut the loaf into thin slices.
2. We rub cheese on a coarse grater.
3. Peel the onion, chop it and lightly fry it in a small amount of vegetable oil until an appetizing golden color is formed.
4. Ham cut into small cubes.
5. Parsley leaves are separated from the twigs and finely chopped.
6. Mix the ham with the fried onions, grated cheese, seasonings and sour cream.
7. Spread the mass on the sliced loaf, sprinkle with parsley.
8. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes, setting the temperature at 160-180 degrees.
Recipe 3: Hot sandwiches with ham and egg
• 4 slices of white loaf or bread;
• 4 ham slices or slices;
• 4 eggs;
• 4 tomato circles;
• salt pepper.
1. Lubricate the pan with butter or vegetable oil, quickly fry the ham pieces on both sides.
2. In each piece of bread, cut circles in the center approximately 4-5 cm in diameter.
3. We spread the prepared bread into the pan, where before that the ham was fried, we divide one egg in the middle of each.
4. Salt and pepper the egg to taste, fry on one side for 2 minutes, then turn over.
5. We spread on the fried side on a circle of tomato and ham.
6. We bring to readiness within a minute.
7. If desired, ham can be sprinkled with grated cheese.
Recipe 4: Sandwiches with ham, tomatoes and green onions
• gray or white loaf;
• large fleshy tomato;
• green onion feathers;
• Bulgarian pepper;
• 60 g of ham;
• 60 grams of cheese;
1. If the loaf is not rifled, cut it into thin slices.
2. Fry each slice in hot oil on both sides until light crust.
3. Grease still hot toasts with butter.
4. Put the first layer of a plate of ham, two slices of tomato.
5. Sprinkle tomatoes with grated cheese and finely chopped Bulgarian sweet pepper.
6. We send the prepared constructions for a minute in a microwave or for five minutes in a preheated oven.
7. Sprinkle ready hot beturbrods with chopped green onions.
Recipe 5: Sandwiches with ham, egg, cucumber and cheese
• not a sweet cake;
• 4 eggs;
• processed cheese slices;
• fresh cucumber;
1. Thoroughly wash the lettuce and cucumber salad, remove the peel from the cucumber, cut it into thinnest oblong layers.
2. Cut the loaf into thin slices, grease each with a small amount of mayonnaise.
3. Spread over mayonnaise kruglyash ham and cheese platter.
4. The next layer put lettuce, top distribute several slices of cucumber.
5. The final layer will be hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut into small cubes.
Recipe 6: Ham and Spicy Sandwiches
• two types of hard cheese of 50 grams;
• one clove of garlic;
• white baguette;
• a few spoons of lung mayonnaise;
• salt, pepper, dried thyme and parsley, oregano.
1. Immediately turn on the oven to heat to 160 degrees.
2. Rub both cheeses, preferably with different texture and taste, on a fine grater.
3. Also grate the ham and grate.
4. Cut the baguette into thin slices.
5. Mix cheese with ham, seasonings, dried herbs, salt, chopped garlic and mayonnaise. 6. We smear the mass of prepared baguette, which we get, we place for 3-5 minutes in the oven.
7. Ready-made ham sandwiches can be additionally sprinkled with Provencal herbs.
Recipe 7. Ham sandwich in batter
• bread toasts;
1. Grease each slice of bread with mayonnaise.
2. Sprinkle with chopped garlic and finely chopped greens.
3. Put on a piece of ham, cheese and a circle of tomato.
4. Cover the sandwich with the second piece of bread.
5. Separately whip eggs with salt.
6. Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, fry on both sides until golden brown.
Recipe 8. Hearty hot ham sandwiches
• 100 g of ham;
• 50 g of mayonnaise;
• two carrots;
• two processed cheeses;
• vegetable oil, salt;
• ketchup or sauce to taste.
1. Cut the loaf into centimeters thick.
2. Onions cleaned and chopped.
3. Peeled carrots rub on a fine grater.
4. Fry in a frying pan, pour vegetable oil into it, first onion until golden, then add carrots and pour in literally one or two tablespoons of water. Stew to full readiness and soften vegetables.
5. Stir fry and mix with salt, grated cheese and ham, mayonnaise and sauce.
6. Spread the finished filler on a loaf, bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
7. Sprinkle hot sandwich with fresh herbs.
Recipe 9. Ham and Olives Sandwich
• 350 g of ham;
• 200 g pasty cheese;
• sesame seeds;
• pitted black olives;
• parsley leaves.
1. Cut loaf layers, each piece is richly greased with melted cheese.
2. Sprinkle with sesame cheese.
3. Slice the ham into thin slices, place it over the sprinkled cheese, fold it in half.
4. We spread on top thoroughly washed and dried parsley leaves.
5. The final stroke is fixed with an olive skewer. Or we can chop the olives into thin ringlets and sprinkle a ready-made sandwich with them.
Ham Sandwiches - Tips & Tricks
• For making cold snacks or hot sandwiches, you can use absolutely any bread: black, white, wholemeal bread, loaves, baguettes, rolls. The main thing is that the bread is not sweet, because sweet loaves are not particularly combined with meat ham and possible vegetables.
• If you don’t have a slice of bread on hand and want a snack, use dry biscuits for making sandwiches, thin, not sweet shortcake, croquettes.
• It is possible to add any ham sandwich, especially if it has cheese, chopped roasted walnuts, which will give the dish more nourishment and interesting taste.
• Using tomatoes when making sandwiches, make sure that they are not too watery, otherwise the appetizer will spread.
• Also note that sauce, mayonnaise, ketchup and other lubricating ingredients should not be too liquid, otherwise they will be absorbed into the crumb and sandwiches, whether they are cold or hot, they will be wet.
• If you want hot sandwiches, but do not want to heat the oven, and you do not have a microwave, use the slow cooker. It is enough to stand sandwiches in the “Baking” mode for 7 minutes.
• Do not be afraid to experiment with fillers for sandwiches: along with ham you can put eggs, tomatoes, fresh or pickled cucumbers, olives, olives, any kind of cheese, sweet and hot peppers, spices, seasonings, all kinds of greens.