Stew Chicken - General Description
All chicken lovers are well known ways to make it. This wonderful diet product can be fried, pickled, baked on the grill or in the oven. Chicken can be cooked, while receiving not only great meat, but also delicious rich broth. But the chicken stew still always remains out of competition. This dish helps to fully feel the tenderness and amazing taste of bird meat, because in the process of cooking the chicken retains its many beneficial properties.
It is believed that only the turkey on dietary properties ahead of the chicken. But the turkey is not too caught on our tables. Therefore, chicken remains an unsurpassed leader. Not to mention the taste of the product, the meat of this bird is much more tender than tough beef and not so burdensome for the stomach as heavy pork. Yes, and in the preparation of chicken is extremely simple. And this is easy to see.
Chicken stew - preparation of dishes
The best dish to extinguish has always been and remains a cauldron. These are cast iron or aluminum dishes with thick walls. Usually cauldrons in cauldrons associate with plove, but this is only one of many ways to use this dish. You can cook a wide variety of meat and vegetable dishes. The cauldron is warming up evenly and not too fast. This allows food to be prepared gradually and not to burn. When using a cauldron, you can significantly reduce oil consumption.
In the absence of a cauldron, you can use a stewpan or duck in which the chicken also turns out to be tender, juicy and fragrant.
Chicken Stew - Food Preparation
The general recommendations regarding the choice of chicken for stewing include the fact that it should not be bluish and skinny. A young (under 1 year old) and not too large (1.5 kg) chicken is the ideal choice. Poultry meat should be a pleasant light pink color. A good chicken has a fresh smell. If the color of the skin, meat or the smell of the product raises doubts, it is better to refuse such a purchase. For cooking chicken stew, you can buy a whole carcass, cutting it into portions, or you can buy separately those parts of the chicken that are especially pleasant from the culinary point of view. Often for the preparation of stewed chicken use sorted fillets. For this purpose, it is better to choose the breast, since then the dish will be as dietary as possible.
It is better to buy chilled, rather than frozen meat, but if it is still frozen, in no case
Use for defrosting microwave or hot water. It will hurt the tender chicken. If you have to cook in the morning, in the evening you can remove the product from the freezer and place it on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. If you need to hurry with the cooking process, you can use a stream of cold water.
Braised Chicken - Best Recipes
Recipe 1: Stewed Chicken Breasts
This recipe is for those who like to eat tasty, even staying on a diet. Chicken fillet is used for cooking. The meat turns out very juicy and will not disappoint the hostess.
One pound of chicken breasts, two medium-sized onions, three cloves of garlic, 50 grams of butter, spices.
Method of preparation
For cooking chicken according to this recipe, dishes with a thick bottom are suitable. The presence of Teflon coating is welcome, but not required. The meat is cut into long thin strips, and the onion is cut into large half rings. In a cauldron or a thick-walled pot, melt the butter over low heat. Lay layers of onion and chicken. The first and last layer should be chicken. Close the saucepan and simmer the dish until cooked for an hour and a half on low heat. When 10 minutes are left until the end of the process, finely chopped garlic and spices should be added to the dish at the discretion of the hostess. Do not salt! Otherwise, the meat will lose in taste and juiciness. Salt it can be in the plate.
Recipe 2: Stewed chicken in wine and tomato
Recipe for gourmets. This is something that is definitely worth a try, especially since there is practically nothing to cook.
One chicken carcass of medium size, 600 grams of dry white wine, 5 pieces of medium onions, 200 grams of tomato juice (you can successfully substitute 3 tablespoons of tomato paste), 3 tbsp. spoons of baked or vegetable oil, salt, red and black ground pepper. Method of preparation
Gutted and washed chicken cut along the ridge. Rub each part with spices to taste and fry in a pre-heated oil until crusted. Pour in tomato juice (or diluted tomato paste) and wine, pour the onion sliced into half rings. Close the lid and simmer on low heat until final cooking.
Recipe 3: Stew Chicken with Rice and Vegetables
Cooking chicken for this recipe will have to be a little longer, but the result is worth it, as this is already a chicken stew and a side dish. This dish will not go unnoticed.
Half a chicken carcass, 400-500 grams of rice, 2 medium onions, 1-2 medium carrots, 3-4 small heads of garlic, half a cup of vegetable oil, salt.
Method of preparation
Wash the chicken, dry it with a napkin, chop it into portions. Onion cut into half rings, and grate carrots on a coarse grater or cut into cubes. Pour vegetable oil into the cauldron and heat it up well. Salt the oil in the cauldron. Put the chicken, onions and carrots. Close the lid and simmer while stirring. When the chicken is soft and the onion is golden, add rice. Into the surface of the rice evenly stick the cleaned garlic heads, without peeling them. Salt the rice and pour it with hot water to the height of the first 2 phalanges of the index finger above the level of the cereal. Close the cauldron and simmer the dish until there is no water in it. The fire should be average. The presence of water in rice can be checked by piercing it with a knife.
Recipe 4: Chicken Stewed in Wine (Option 2)
Very tasty dish that does not take much time to prepare. And the wine gives the meat a special piquancy.
chicken - 1 piece,
bulbs - 4-5 pieces,
dry white wine - 600 grams
tomato paste - 3 tablespoons (you can replace 200 grams of tomato juice),
vegetable or ghee - 2-3 tablespoons,
red and black pepper, salt - everything to taste.
1. Washed chicken should be divided into two parts.
2. Grate the meat with spices, and then fry on all sides in a frying pan with well-heated butter. It is important to achieve a golden brown. 3. There you also need to pour the onion sliced in half rings, diluted tomato paste, and pour in the wine. The pan must be covered with a lid, then stew until cooked on low heat.
Recipe 5: Chicken Stew with Vegetables and Rice (Option 2)
This dish is very satisfying and healthy. Besides, it allows you to do without a side dish, that is, for dinner, one dish is enough.
1.5 kg chicken,
400 grams of rice
a liter of ready-made chicken broth or a couple of cubes of chicken broth,
a pair of bulbs,
100 grams of white dry wine,
3-4 cloves of garlic,
one fresh sweet pepper,
two pickled sweet peppers,
200 grams of canned green peas,
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil,
3-4 tablespoons of tomato paste,
half a lemon,
ground black pepper and salt.
Method of preparation
1. It is necessary to squeeze juice from a lemon. Peel and chop the garlic cloves, after which half the minced garlic is mixed with lemon juice.
2. Washed, and then dried chicken should be cut into large portions, and then rub on all sides with lemon mixture and spices.
3. Onions should be peeled and cut into rings. Similarly, it is necessary to cook and sweet peppers.
4. Rinse and dry on a towel fig.
5. The oil should be well heated in a saucepan, then put there sweet pepper, garlic and onions. All this stew for 10-15 minutes.
6. After that, add the chicken and another couple of minutes later put the tomato paste diluted in water. Chicken should be stewed until soft, and then removed on a dish.
7. In a saucepan, you need to pour rice, pour broth, wine, juice of pickled pepper or green peas, add spices - mix it all up.
8. Put the chicken on top and put the saucepan, covered with a lid, on a low fire. After 15 minutes add peas, warm for 5 more minutes and remove from heat.
9. Put the finished chicken stew on the plates, using pickled peppers as a side dish.
Recipe 6: Chicken Stew with Paprika in Cream Sauce
Very tasty dish that becomes special thanks to the use of paprika, giving a spicy taste, and cream sauce, making the meat more tender. Ingredients:
1 kilogram of chicken meat (as an option, turkey meat),
200 grams of heavy cream,
2 tablespoons flour,
2 tablespoons of butter,
paprika and salt.
1. The onion should be crushed and passaged on a tablespoon of oil until the onion is soft.
2. In a frying pan pour half a liter of hot water and add ground pepper. Then put the same sliced chicken. The meat is stewed to softness under a covered lid. Then it should be removed on a dish.
3. On a separate pan, you must melt the butter on which to fry the flour. Then shift the flour to the sauce and, stirring constantly, boil the sauce for 15-20 minutes. Then add cream, salt and wait for the mixture to boil.
4. Once the sauce has boiled, it is necessary to put the chicken in the sauce again. And for 10-15 minutes to extinguish it under the lid. After that, the chicken should be taken out on a dish and sprinkled with the sauce rubbed through a sieve.
Stewed chicken - useful tips from experienced chefs
Many recipes have to cut onions. Make it painless for the eyes will help a stream of water, under which periodically should be placed the blade of a knife.
When stewing a chicken, the smell of cooking can destroy a slice of Antonov apple added to the dish.
Rosemary and thyme are added only at the very last moment of stewing the chicken. Only then can they convey the taste and aroma of the dish. If they are put out for a long time, they can leave bitterness.