Pumpkin porridge recipes - a huge amount. Delicate pumpkin-rice porridge is wonderful, even being boiled in water.
Well, if the dish slowly languishes in milk, it not only retains all the benefits of the ingredients used, but also becomes tender and remarkably beautiful.
Pumpkin porridge with rice and milk - general principles of cooking
• Milk pumpkin porridge with rice on the stove is cooked only in a thick-walled saucepan. Using fireproof dishes or pots, it is tormented in the oven. You can cook this gruel in a slow cooker. Cooking in a saucepan requires constant attention. For porridge you need to watch, so that it does not burn or run away. Using an oven or multicooker makes the process much easier.
• In the preparation of used separated from the peel and seed pulp of ripe vegetables. Its greenish and loose part is also removed. Pumpkin pulp is cut into small-sized, free-form slices or rubbed on a coarse grater and cooked with rice. Often it is pre-boiled separately in water or milk and, pereterev through a sieve or kneading crush, combined with rice.
• Which rice is better to take for porridge? This is most likely a matter of taste. If they want to get a crumbly dish, use long grain rice groats, for viscous porridge it is better to take “puzatenky” rice, round shape.
• Rice grits are thoroughly washed with cold water on a sieve and then dried well, leaving it. If you do not decant the liquid, the proportions recommended by the recipe will be broken and the dish will turn out to be of a different consistency. Cook rice to make it crumbly - the whole science!
• As for milk, anyone will do it, if only it is fresh. It is usually added after boiling the pumpkin in water and combining it with rice. Beginner to acidify the product when boiling will be curtailed, and all products will have to throw away. It is worth noting - the higher the fat content of milk, the more likely it is to get burnt porridge. Therefore, too fat, especially homemade, it is better to dilute with water.
• Pumpkin porridge with rice and milk, like any other, loves butter. It is added directly in the cooking process or after. You can additionally put on a piece in each plate - as they say: “you will not spoil the porridge with oil”, and all the more so.
A simple recipe for pumpkin porridge with rice and milk in clay pots
• a pound of pumpkin;
• 300 gr. round grain, polished rice;
• 700 ml of pasteurized cow milk;
• 100 gr. Sahara;
• sweet cream butter - 75 gr.
1. Small, diced or cubed, cut pumpkin pulp separated from the peel and seeds.
2. Spread the pieces into three clay pots and put rice washed in cold water over the pumpkin.
3. Boil the milk. Add granulated sugar and salt, mix well and immediately pour into clay containers. Milk must be two centimeters above the level of rice cereal.
4. Place a spoonful of butter in each pot and place the pottery in the middle of an oven preheated to 180 degrees.
5. After 25 minutes, remove the porridge and check. If all the milk has evaporated, add a little more and put it back in the oven for another quarter of an hour.
How to cook pumpkin porridge with rice, millet and milk in a slow cooker
• half a cup of polished rice;
• 500 gr. ripe pumpkin;
• half a cup of millet;
• one liter of medium-fat milk;
• sugar - 100 g .;
• incomplete teaspoon of salt;
• 150 gr. homemade butter, or thickened cream.
1. Put pumpkin cut into small bricks into the main cooking vessel. Add, without thawing, oil, about a third of the norm. Top up with some cold water and perform a standard “Quenching” for half an hour.
2. Boil the pumpkin, slightly mash with a crush, pour the washed millet and rice to it. Pour in cold milk, salt, sweeten and for 90 min. Start the “Milk porridge” mode.
3. Periodically open the lid, mix and check the thickness. Add milk or boiled drinking water if necessary.
4. For 10 minutes until tender, lay small pieces of the remaining oil on the surface of the cereal.
5. Do not serve pumpkin porridge immediately, hold it up to a quarter of an hour for heating.
Simple pumpkin porridge with rice and milk
• a full glass of round grain rice groats; • 400 gr. a piece of pumpkin;
• one glass of water;
• 500 ml of natural unpasteurized, non-skimmed milk;
• salt and sugar are added to taste.
1. Tight pulp is cut into medium-sized sticks into a small saucepan. Next, add half a cup of cool water and simmer over low heat.
2. After 20 minutes, check the puncture of the knife. If the pieces are soft, mash them into a mash.
3. Pour the rice grits washed in several waters into a thick-walled pot, pour in a glass of boiling water and stir immediately.
4. Protome rice on low heat, approximately 10 minutes, and, waiting for the moment when it absorbs all the water, then pour hot boiled milk into it. Well stirred, continue to simmer, another quarter of an hour. Be sure to boil the milk to make sure it is healthy.
5. In the almost finished rice, enter the pumpkin puree, sweeten to your taste, add a little salt and mix thoroughly.
6. Soak pumpkin porridge with rice on the lowest heat for another ten minutes and turn off the heat. Immediately add oil, mix quickly, but not too intensively, and wrap the pot with a flannel or terrycloth for half an hour.
Pumpkin porridge with rice and milk in the oven with apples
• round grain rice - 1.5 cups;
• pumpkin pulp - 1 kg;
• two large, without strong taste, but sweet, apples;
• 100 gr. “Peasant” oil;
• refined sugar - 1/2 cup;
1. Be sure to peel the apples with a peeler and cut the core.
2. Cut the pulp and peeled apples into centimeter cubes.
3. Moisten the bottom and sides of the refractory with a thin layer of butter, place half of the prepared pumpkin in it and sprinkle with sugar.
4. Spread the rice evenly on top, put the remaining pumpkin pulp on it, sweeten and cover all the remaining rice. Put the crushed apples in the last layer.
5. Add salt to the warm milk, stir and gently pour it into the container. It should not reach to the edges, about two fingers.
6. Cover the top with a sheet of food foil or a lid and send it to a preheated oven. 7. Get twenty minutes later. If necessary, add water or milk, add butter and bring to readiness, placing back another 10 minutes. Do not close the form.
Pumpkin porridge with rice and milk - “Raisin”
• pasteurized, short-term storage, milk - 800 ml;
• a small bag of vanilla crystals;
• 200 gr. polished rice;
• a small handful of raisins;
• a pound of ripe pumpkin;
• high-quality butter;
• liquid light honey - grassy, flowery.
1. Cut the peeled pumpkin pulp into large pieces and chop them with a medium grater.
2. Pour the raisins with boiling water, rinse a couple of times and soak in the same boiling water for 20 minutes. Then rinse and dry well, spreading a thin layer on a towel.
3. Pour milk into a thick-walled pot or cauldron, and put on an intense fire.
4. In the boiling milk, lower the crushed pumpkin, wait until it boils again and immediately lower the heat to a minimum. The contents of the pan should not boil intensively, but only slightly “worry”.
5. Add vanilla sugar, add dried rice cereal and continue cooking, slowly stirring for the first three minutes, so that the grain that has settled to the bottom does not stick.
6. Cook under the lid with minimum heat for at least 25 minutes, and be sure to periodically mix well. Cooking porridge on milk quickly burns.
7. Add dried raisins to pumpkin porridge with rice, lightly salted. Stir, stir for another three minutes and remove from heat.
8. Wrap a pot of porridge in a blanket for half an hour. Then arrange in plates and sprinkle with each portion of melted butter, pour honey.
Delicious pumpkin porridge with rice and milk - “Creamy Guest”
• a full glass of ground round grain rice;
• 800 gr. ripe pumpkin;
• 4.5 cups of home-made cow's milk;
• 100 gr. 72% butter;
• two large spoons of sugar;
• salt - at will;
• 100 ml natural 22% cream.
1. In small-sized, approximately the same size, slice the pumpkin into small cubes and fill them with one and a half cups of cold milk. 2. Cook the pulp on a low heat under a lid, cool for half an hour. So that the milk does not run out, be sure to leave a small gap between the lid and the pan.
3. Mash the cold, boiled pulp on a fine metal sieve. If there is a blender, perebeyte them.
4. Pour the rice with the remaining warm milk, salt it moderately and set to boil. As soon as it boils, set the minimum heat and continue cooking with the lid on. To prevent the rice from sticking to the container walls, stir the grits continuously for the first five minutes.
5. Mix the boiled rice with pumpkin porridge, sweeten to your taste, add butter. Stir and transfer to a refractory form.
6. Heat the oven to 180 degrees and place porridge in it on the grill, set at an average level. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Lightly whip the cream with sugar and pour over them the porridge.
Pumpkin porridge with rice and milk - cooking tricks and helpful tips
• Do not chop the softened pumpkin to mashed potatoes, porridge tastes better with small pieces of vegetable.
• Do not close the pan tightly with a lid, the milk will certainly run away. On the walls of the container from the inside, apply a thin strip of oil around the entire circumference, the milk will not rise above it.
• Prepared porridge be sure to let it brew for at least 20 minutes, wrapped with a blanket or a thick towel. It is well steamed and will be even tastier.
From the pumpkin you can make pumpkin juice and drinks based on it.