You can make a huge variety of dishes from pumpkin: soups, porridges, pilaf, casseroles, salads. But they all share one thing - the great benefits that they bring to the human body.
Healthy Pumpkin Dishes - General Cooking Principles
Before using the pumpkin, wash, remove the skin, cut and remove the seeds. The flesh is cut into pieces, then stewed, boiled, steamed, baked. The more spicy and brighter the vegetable is, the more delicious the dish will turn out. In many recipes, fresh product can be replaced with frozen.
What is the pumpkin:
• vegetables, mushrooms;
• meat, poultry;
• fresh and dried fruit;
You can add different spices, pickles, candied fruits, zest to the dishes. Pumpkin is baked, fried, stewed, steamed and with the addition of liquid.
Porridge - a nourishing and healthy pumpkin dish
Millet is used to make healthy pumpkin dishes. Similarly, you can cook porridge with the addition of rice or semolina.
• 600 ml of milk;
• 200 g of millet;
• 500 g pumpkin;
• 1 pinch of salt;
• 0.5 glasses of water;
• 100 g of sugar;
• 50 g of oil.
1. Peeled pumpkin pulp should be cut into small pieces, put into the pan.
2. Add half a glass of water, put on fire, boil for about ten minutes.
3. Separately heat the milk to a hot state, pour it into the pumpkin.
4. Salt, bring to a boil.
5. While the mixture boils, rinse the millet several times, remove the damaged and damaged grains.
6. Add the millet to the pumpkin, you can immediately put half the butter, cover and cook the porridge a quarter of an hour after boiling.
7. At the end, five minutes to add sugar, the remaining butter.
8. Stir the finished porridge well, let it brew. To taste, you can add cream, raisins.
Baked Cinnamon Slices - Healthy Pumpkin Dish
Variant of a very simple, but tasty pumpkin dessert. Choose a ripe and sweet fruit. Immediately turn on the oven at 190, the stove should warm up well. Ingredients
• 0.5 kg of pumpkin;
• 1 tsp. cinnamon;
• 30 g of oil;
• 1-2 tablespoons of sugar.
1. Cut the pumpkin into neat slices. The size of the pieces can be made any, the smaller, the more beautiful and rouge will be slices.
2. Move the pumpkin slices in the form or on a baking sheet. Spit it out in one layer.
3. Pour so much liquid on the bottom of the mold so that it reaches the middle of the pieces.
4. Sprinkle the slices with sugar. He will give not only taste, but also a wonderful color.
5. Put in the oven, cook for about half an hour, until the pumpkin slices are well roasted.
6. At the end sprinkle with cinnamon.
7. Serve the dish along with the liquid that forms at the bottom of the form.
Dietary apple puree - a healthy pumpkin dish
Option mashed pumpkin and apple, which can be used as a main course, dessert, toppings for baking.
• 3-4 apples;
• 500 g pumpkin;
• Cinnamon, some sugar.
1. Peeled, washed pumpkin should be cut into small pieces, put in a pan, add half a glass of water.
2. Put on the stove, steamed over low heat until soft.
3. Apples need to be cleaned, cut the core, cut the pulp into pieces.
4. Add fruit to the pumpkin, cover, boil until soft.
5. Remove the dish from the heat, puree with a blender or just mash the pestle.
6. To taste in puree, add cinnamon, sugar. In the dietary dish, you can add a sugar substitute, or a little steamed raisins.
Solar Casserole - A Healthy Pumpkin Dish
The recipe is very bright, nourishing and useful pumpkin casserole, which is prepared with the addition of semolina and fresh apples. Serve the dish with sour cream, jam, ground berries.
• 0.5 kg of pumpkin;
• 50 g butter;
• 0.5 cups of semolina;
• 25 g sugar;
• 2 eggs;
• 150 g apples;
• vanilla, salt.
1. Pumpkin should be cut into arbitrary slices, add a couple glasses of water, cook until soft, but do not need to overdo it. 2. Drain, mash the pieces. The resulting mashed potatoes need to cool.
3. Apples grate large, add to mashed potatoes.
4. Next, put the butter, but you can put it in a hot mass to melt the piece.
5. Add the semolina, eggs, a pinch of salt, a little sugar, mix and let the future baking brew for at least half an hour.
6. Take a mold, spread butter, you can sprinkle with flour or semolina, put the casserole. Smooth the top so that the layer is the same over the entire area.
7. Bake a sunny dish at 200 ° C for about 25-30 minutes.
Pumpkin with Prunes - A Healthy Dish
Option not only healthy, tasty, but also a healing dish. Pumpkin with prunes will help get rid of constipation and clean the intestines. The dish can be stewed on the stove or used to prepare a slow cooker.
• 0.15 kg of prunes;
• 0.5 kg of pumpkin;
• 1 tsp. lemon peel;
• 1 spoon of lemon juice;
• 120 ml of water;
• 3 spoons of sugar;
• 2 spoons of butter.
1. Butter for the dish, you can take any. Run it in the pan, melt.
2. Cut prunes, add and lightly fry over low heat. This will give the dish an unusual flavor.
3. Pumpkin should be cut into small cubes, add to prunes, fry too, just two minutes is enough.
4. Add water, add chopped lemon zest. It will mask the vegetable flavor of the pumpkin and turn the dish into an amazing dessert.
5. Cover and simmer the pumpkin until soft, but do not overcook the pieces.
6. At the end season with sugar, lemon juice, you can add cinnamon or other spices.
7. Serve the dish in any form, you can prepare in advance and keep in the refrigerator for two days.
Stew - a healthy pumpkin dish with chicken
Dietary version of unsweetened, hearty and healthy pumpkin dishes. The recipe used is chicken fillet. Similarly, you can take a turkey. If there are no tomatoes in their own juice, then use fresh tomatoes or juice.
• 0.4 kg chicken;
• 0.4 kg of pumpkin;
• 2 spoons of butter;
• 1 onion;
• 300 grams of tomatoes in their juice; • greens, salt;
• 200 ml of water.
1. Peel the peeled onion. Put the vegetable in a saucepan or in a cauldron with a heated spoon of oil, fry.
2. Rinse the chicken fillet, cut into cubes, add to the onions.
3. Fry a minute so that the pieces brighten from all sides.
4. Now add a pumpkin. Cut the vegetable in the same way as the chicken or in small cubes.
5. Pour in water, simmer under the lid for about 15 minutes.
6. During this time, you need to grind tomatoes in your juice to a slurry. You can simply rub fresh tomatoes, in this case, remove the skin during the process.
7. As soon as the pumpkin begins to pierce, add tomatoes. Stir.
8. Simmer the dish for about ten minutes, pepper, add other spices.
9. When serving, decorate pumpkin stew with greens.
Cream Soup - Healthy Pumpkin Dish
Option nourishing, but at the same time light, low-calorie and very healthy pumpkin dishes. For chicken soup is used. You can cook the first dish without flour.
• 300 g chicken;
• 400 g pumpkin;
• 200 g carrots;
• 1.5 liters of water;
• 150 g onions;
• 10 g flour;
• greens for decoration.
1. Take any part of the chicken, rinse, cover with water and boil until cooked. If breast is used, half an hour is enough. Other parts will cook a little longer.
2. While preparing the broth, you need to clean and chop all the vegetables. Carrots and onions finely, a pumpkin can be a little larger.
3. Remove the chicken from the broth, pour one ladle to cool. Leave the rest of the decoction on the stove.
4. Add all the vegetables to the pan at once, cook until soft.
5. Once all the ingredients have been cooked, remove the pan from the heat, then mash the soup.
6. Return the dish to the stove, season with spices, bring to the boil again.
7. In the previously cast and cooled broth dissolve the flour, pour into the soup, stir. Let boil well and turn off immediately.
8. When serving in plates, add chopped chicken pieces, fresh greens.
Sweet Salad - Healthy Pumpkin Dish
The recipe is easy, quick and very tasty salad. It will require a ripe and sweet pumpkin. This is very important, as the vegetable is not subjected to heat treatment. Ingredients
• 200 g pumpkin;
• 1 carrot;
• 1 apple;
• 1 spoon of nuts;
• 50 g raisins;
• 1 spoon of honey.
For flavor, you can add zest or cinnamon to a sweet salad.
1. Fill the raisins with hot water.
2. Peel the carrot, grate the straw, slightly remember to let the vegetable juice.
3. Now you also need to chop fresh pumpkin and apple. Fruit can be peeled off or left as is.
4. Squeeze the raisins, add to the salad.
5. Season with a spoon of honey, cinnamon, zest. Stir. If the honey is thick, you can melt it beforehand.
6. Chop the nuts, fry for a moment in a dry frying pan, sprinkle the salad on top. Serve immediately.
Useful Pumpkin Dishes - Tips and Tricks
• Any pumpkin dish will be more useful if you replace regular sugar with honey. In this case, you need to add the product to the already prepared dish, since during heat treatment most of the nutrients will die.
• If you want to fry the pumpkin pieces, then put the product only in a well-heated oil. Otherwise, a lot of juice will stand out, nothing will turn out.
• Frozen pumpkin is cooked much faster than a fresh vegetable. But slices from the freezer are not suitable for roasting and roasting, since a lot of juice will stand out during thawing.
• If the pumpkin dish turns out grassy, has no pronounced taste, then the situation will be corrected by spices. In sweet dishes you can add lemon juice, extra sugar, honey.