Each housewife has such a situation when a small piece of meat remains in the refrigerator.
What can you cook with it?
For cutlets for the whole family is not enough, and gravy with potatoes or pasta is no longer desirable.
Let's make stewed cabbage with meat in a slow cooker - a light and healthy dinner.
Braised cabbage with meat in a slow cooker - the basic principles of cooking
When you have such a smart unit in your kitchen as a slow cooker, you can quickly and without hassle prepare a stewed cabbage with meat.
Cabbage in a slow cooker does not burn, and it will turn out fragrant and juicy. In addition, this method of preparation will preserve all the beneficial properties of the vegetable.
Unlike other methods, this one does not require a lot of oil, which means that the dish will not be greasy.
The dish is prepared with different types of meat: pork, poultry, lamb and beef.
In addition to the usual for us white, you can put out broccoli, Brussels sprouts or cauliflower.
The meat is washed, then cut into small pieces and lightly fried. Then to it add thinly chopped onions and continue to fry until ruddy.
The cabbage is chopped into thin strips. Cauliflower or broccoli disassembled into inflorescences and pre-boiled.
Cabbage is added to the meat, mixed, seasoned with salt, herbs and spices. You can add tomato paste or ketchup. Stew cabbage with meat until tender. Cabbage can be fried, and only then add to the meat.
In addition to onions, you can add other vegetables to the dish. The dish is cooked for about forty minutes. You can stew a little longer, and then you get a dish like a Russian stove.
Recipe 1. Braised cabbage with meat in a slow cooker
600 grams of cabbage;
sweet pepper pod;
pork - 250 g;
tomato paste - 150 g;
onion - 70 g
Method of preparation 1. Wash pork under running water, lightly dip it with a towel and cut into oblong pieces. Wash peeled vegetables. Carrots chop into thin strips. Finely chop the onion.
2. Enable the program “Frying”. In a container, pour in quite a bit of oil and wait until it warms up. Put meat and chopped vegetables in butter. Stir and fry all together, without closing the lid, for a quarter of an hour.
3. Meat and vegetables should be covered with an appetizing crust. Cabbage chop thin, short straws and lay out to the meat. Fry gently, stirring constantly, until the cabbage is softer and does not decrease in volume.
4. Now add the tomato paste and pour in some boiled water. Transfer the slow cooker to the “Quenching” mode and cook for half an hour, closing the lid. Serve the stewed cabbage with meat and black bread.
Recipe 2. Broccoli stew with meat
50 ml of sunflower oil;
800 g pork tenderloin;
6 g of salt;
1 medium carrot;
2 bay leaves;
2 pinches of ground black pepper;
1 large tomato;
4 cloves of garlic;
Half a kilo of broccoli cabbage;
50 ml of soy sauce.
Method of preparation
1. Wash pork tenderloin and soak for half an hour in cold water. All vegetables clean and wash. Broccoli cabbage disassemble into inflorescences.
2. Wash the meat in warm water and pat dry with a disposable towel. Cut it into pieces of medium size. Switch on the slow cooker to the “Hot” mode. Set the timer to 35 minutes. Pour some vegetable oil on the bottom of the tank and warm it well. Put the pork in the pan and cook the meat, without closing the lid, for a quarter of an hour. Stir the meat from time to time.
3. Coarsely grate the carrot. Finely chop the onion. Shift the vegetables to the meat, stir and continue cooking for the same amount of time. Do not forget to periodically stir the meat.
4. Tomato wash and cut into cubes. As soon as the beep sounds, add tomato and broccoli to the crock-pot, season it with ground black pepper, chopped garlic and salt. Put a couple of bay leaves. Pour into the container an incomplete glass of boiled water, close the lid and turn on the “Quenching” program. Set the timer for an hour. Stewed cabbage with meat in a slow cooker can be served as an addition to any side dish.
Recipe 3. Stewed cabbage with meat in a slow cooker in Sicilian
half a head of cabbage;
Half a kilo of lamb fillet;
three cloves of garlic;
half a cup of dry white wine;
50 g of raisins;
parsley - bunch;
lemon peel - 5 g
Method of preparation
1. Wash the raisins and pour it with warm water for ten minutes. Vegetables all clean.
2. Rinse the lamb, dry with a napkin and cut into three centimeters thick bars. Meat shift in a deep bowl. Add lemon zest, crushed garlic, 80 ml of vegetable oil to it and season with black pepper and salt. Thoroughly mix everything with your hands and marinate the meat for half an hour.
3. Wash eggplant, cut into small cubes, fold into suitable dishes and pour with salted cold water. Leave for 20 minutes. Then drain the water and rinse the eggplants, lightly squeeze and spread out on a towel.
4. Cabbage cut into large squares. Onions and potatoes crumble diced. Rinse the parsley, dip it with a napkin and chop finely.
5. On the multicooker, turn on the “Hot” program. Pour some oil into the container and heat it well. Put the potatoes in a bowl and fry them for five minutes, now add the meat with the marinade and onion, mix and cook for another five minutes. The last to lay eggplant, cabbage and fry for five minutes.
6. Pour wine into the container. Close the unit cover and turn on the “Quenching” mode. Cook the dish for 25 minutes. At the end add finely chopped parsley, season with black pepper and salt.
Recipe 4. Stewed cauliflower with meat in a slow cooker
kg of cauliflower;
sunflower oil - 80 ml;
half a kilo of chicken breast;
tomato juice - 150 ml;
Method of preparation
1. Wash the cleaned onion and chop into thin quarters. Turn on the multicooker in the “Baking” mode and pour a little oil into the container. Wait until it is well warmed and put onions in it. Beef it until ruddy. 2. Wash chicken breasts, dip them with a napkin and cut them into medium pieces. Put the meat to the bow, mix and continue cooking.
3. Disassemble the cauliflower into inflorescences and send in a container of meat with onions. Set timer for 35 minutes. Do not mix or salt the dish at this stage of cooking!
4. As soon as the beep sounds, pour tomato juice into the contents of the bowl. Salt, season with spices and close the lid. Enable the program “Quenching”. Set the timer to 50 minutes. Arrange the finished dish on plates and decorate with chopped greens.
Recipe 5. Braised cabbage with meat and corn in a slow cooker
kg of cabbage;
pork - 400 g;
canned cabbage - can;
tomato paste - 30 g
Method of preparation
1. Wash pork tenderloin under a stream of warm water, dry them and cut them into small bars. Peeled onion shred small pieces. Carrots clean, wash and large three. Cabbage crumbled in thin, short strips.
2. Turn on the “Frying” mode and pour in quite a bit of sunflower oil. We warm it up well. We shift the meat into the container and fry it, constantly stirring, for about ten minutes.
3. Then we lay prepared vegetables and corn for meat, season it with black pepper and salt and mix. Turn on the program "Quenching" and prepare forty minutes. Put the ready dish on a la carte plates and serve with fresh bread.
Recipe 6. Braised Brussels Sprouts with meat in a slow cooker
half a kilo of beef tenderloin;
carrot - 100 g;
onions - 100 g;
curry and white mustard;
celery root - 100 g;
800 g of Brussels sprouts.
Method of preparation
1. Wash beef tenderloin, cut off excess fat, film and dip with a napkin. Meat cut into fairly wide strips. Fry the beef in hot oil until golden brown. Vegetables clean and wash. Onions, celery root and carrots cut into large chunks. 2. Put the onion in the frying pan with the meat and fry everything together until the onion is soft.
Transfer the meat to the multicooker container. To flatten, and on top of it, decompose pieces of celery and carrots.
3. Fill the contents with water. The liquid must completely cover the ingredients. Turn on the program "Quenching" and Tomim all together for about forty minutes.
4. Wash and dry Brussels sprouts on a paper towel. Put it in a multicooker tank a quarter of an hour before readiness. At the end season with spices and salt. Stew cabbage with meat in a slow cooker, shift to a serving dish and serve with sour cream.
Cabbage stew with meat in a slow cooker - tips and tricks
- Cooking time may vary, depending on the model of your multicooker.
- If you do not have the “Frying” mode, you can fry the meat in the “Baking” mode.
- Simmer the cabbage by closing the multicooker lid so that it is cooked like in a Russian stove.
- You can pre-marinate the meat so that the taste of the dish is even more interesting and brighter.