No holiday table can do without fish. Hot dishes can be made from it, but cold snacks are especially successful. They help to diversify the menu and lure their flavor. Who would refuse the Jewish forshmak, the thrifty sandwich, or the fragrant tartlets with salmon? There are no such!
Fish Snacks - General Cooking Principles
For appetizers, you can use salted, smoked, fresh, canned fish of any kind. But a lot depends on the recipe. For holiday tables usually use red fish or herring. In the daily menu canned food is often used, more affordable varieties of fish, but salted herring and mackerel are also very popular.
What is the combination of fish:
• fresh vegetables of all kinds;
• cheese, butter, eggs;
• apples, lemons;
• mayonnaise, sour cream.
All snacks can be divided into three groups: chopped masses (for sandwiches, toppings), salads and lumpy dishes. Most of them are served cold, but there are also warm options, for example, fish in batter, below there is a very successful recipe.
Fish herring appetizer “Fake caviar”
This fish snack there is a place not only on the festive table, but also on the usual dining. Who would have thought that from the usual herring you can cook such an amazing dish. Usually the mass is used for sandwiches or for filling tartlets.
• 2 herring fillets;
• two processed cheese;
• boiled carrots;
• 100 g of oil.
1. We take a big herring and divide it into two fillets. Choose all the large and visible bones. Quite small ones can not be removed, after grinding them will be unnoticeable. Cut the fillet into pieces.
2. Peel a large boiled carrot. But you can use two small roots. Cut into pieces.
3. Twist the meat carrot and herring through the meat grinder. Some people prefer to use a combine or grind pieces with a blender. But in this case, the paste will turn out, it is better not to do so. After the grinder, it is the grains. 4. Grate processed cheese, shift to herring.
5. Add softened butter. Stir well.
6. Let's try. If there is little salt in the herring, then add. At the request of pepper.
7. Spread the prepared mass on fresh bread or fried toast. Ideal complementing the taste of decoration will be dill.
Fast fish snack in salmon tartlets
If there is no salmon, then to make such a fish snack, you can safely take another red fish. Tartlets are used small purchased.
• 100 g soft melted cheese;
• 100 g of oil;
• 120 g of fish;
• 5 sprigs of dill;
• 0.5 lemon;
• 0.5 cloves of garlic.
1. Combine cheese with softened butter. If you use only oil, you get bold. Cheese can take any soft from the tubs, but it is better to choose neutral flavors that will not interrupt the flavor of red fish.
2. Add a little garlic to the cheese mass, half a wedge is enough. It will give its light flavor, but will not be felt.
3. Cut a couple of dill sprigs and add to the mass, stir, salt to taste.
4. Put the resulting cheese cream in tartlets. You can use the bag and squeeze through it. Fill almost to the top.
5. Cut the fish into thin strips, counting so that it turns out according to the number of tartlets.
6. Squeeze the juice out of the lemon. Pour the pieces, gently stir.
7. Fold each strip into a roll to get a rosette, but not tightly.
8. We shift on tartlet.
9. Inside the bud thrust a small sprig of dill.
Fish Appetizer “Heh”
Korean version of a very popular and world famous fish snack. For cooking in this recipe is used carp. But you can take any other views at your discretion. A prerequisite is high quality and freshness, as the fish is not subjected to heat treatment.
• 350 g silver carp;
• 100 g onions;
• large carrot;
• three tablespoons of vinegar; • a clove of garlic;
• 40 ml of oil.
From the spices you will need a leaf of laurel, coriander, black pepper and half a teaspoon of salt.
1. Rinse the carp fillet, cut into thin slices or straws, as you like more. Put in a bowl.
2. Cut the onion into half rings. Transfer to the silver carp.
3. Add three full spoons of vinegar. You can not reduce the amount of fish should be marinated. Salt For this amount of carp is enough half a teaspoon. After adding vegetables, you can add to your taste.
4. Stir the onions with the fish so that the vinegar is distributed evenly, crush, cover, leave for a couple of hours.
5. Grate the carrot large. It is better to use a grater for Korean snacks.
6. Pour the prescription oil into the pan, heat it, add the carrot and fry on high heat for no more than a minute, stir.
7. Add ginger, throw a few crushed black peppercorns, quickly stir and put in a bowl to the silver carp.
8. Now stir the snack again. We throw a bay leaf, cover. We keep the hour warm and put it in the fridge for a day.
9. When serving in heh, you can add any greens, such as dill or onions.
Fish Hebrew Appetizer or Forshmak
The peculiarity of this fish snack is not only wonderful taste, but also cost effectiveness. No wonder it came up with the Jews. If the herring is too salty, we pre-soak the pieces in milk.
• one herring;
• large sour apple;
• 4 grams of ginger;
• one egg (boil);
• a spoon of lemon juice;
• one onion;
• 0.5 packs of oil.
1. Disassemble the herring into two fillets, remove visible bones, cut into slices and shift into the bowl from the blender.
2. Peel one large apple. Or we take two small apples for a forshmak. Cut into pieces. We shift to herring.
3. Egg clean and add to the total mass.
4. Cut the onion. This is not a required ingredient. You can cook forshmak without onions. Sent to the rest of the products. 5. Spread the butter.
6. Beat everything with a blender. It is possible to use a meat grinder for cooking But in this case, all ingredients are passed through a fine mesh at least twice.
7. Add lemon juice to Forshmak. Try, pepper to taste. We spread on a dish with greens or just served in a bowl with slices of fresh bread or rosy toast.
Fish appetizer with cucumber
The option is very interesting, juicy and easy to prepare sandwiches from red fish. On request, instead of the usual bread, you can use toast or bread. In the dietary versions, instead of bread, just a cucumber is used, cut into thick plates.
• fresh cucumbers;
• a little butter;
• soft melted cheese;
• red salted fish.
1. Cut the cucumbers into long plates. Choose vegetables that do not have large and hard seeds.
2. Cut the bread into thin and long slices. Brush with butter, but thin.
3. Arrange the cucumber strips on the bread.
4. Cut the fish into thin slices and place on top of the cucumber.
5. Mix the melted cheese with mayonnaise to make the mass look like cream. Put in a pastry bag, decorate the sandwich on top. You can squeeze the patterns on the fish or fill the voids on the cucumber.
Fish Appetizer in Batter
Variant of very tasty fish appetizer, which is cooked with frying. Whole milk batter with egg.
• 300 g fillet of any fish;
• 2 eggs;
• 200 g of milk;
1. Cut fish into pieces, sprinkle with spices. You can sprinkle with lemon juice. Tasty with soy sauce. Stir, leave to marinate.
2. For now, prepare a simple batter. Beat eggs, pour in milk, salt. Add flour. If you want to fry the fish in a thin dough, then we make a watery batter slightly thicker than pancake dough. We add more for flour flour. Make the dough density for pancakes.
3. Heat the oil on the stove, a layer not less than a centimeter. In this case, the pieces will float freely, the fish will be baked. 4. Dip the fish pieces into the dough, put it in the heated oil, fry until golden brown.
Fish snack from canned saury
A surprisingly tasty appetizer, which is prepared in ten minutes, if you already have boiled eggs. Can be used as a filling, spreads and for other purposes. Instead of saury, you can use pink salmon, mackerel and other fish.
• a can of saury or other fish;
• 2-3 eggs;
• 1 onion;
• 20 g of oil.
1. Quickly chop the onion, throw in hot oil and fry 5 minutes to ruddy color.
2. We spread the pieces of saury in a blender, pulling out large spinal bones.
3. Cut the boiled eggs into several pieces and throw them too.
4. By this time, the bow arrived. Add and beat together.
5. We taste, season with spices. If the mass is thick, then add a little liquid from a can of fish or put mayonnaise.
Fish Snacks - Tips and Tricks
• An over-salted herring will again become tender and pleasant to the taste if you soak the sliced fillet or pieces in raw milk. You can replace it with black tea, but only cold. In the hot liquid, the fish will spoil.
• Does the smell of fish keep you going? You can rub them with lemon peel. It will also help remove the corrosive odor from the cutting board, knife and other dishes.
• Caviar, which is often caught in herring, can also be used in fish snacks. Some hostesses add milk to the forshmak and sandwich spreads, which can be done.