In order for meat cooked in a cauldron to turn out juicy, appetizing and tasty, it is necessary to observe and know some of the rules and characteristics of the manufacture of products in this real “cast-iron wonder” based on the existing recipes.
Therefore, choosing one or another way of cooking meat should be a sensible approach not only to the cooking process itself, but also to comply with certain manufacturing techniques of the available components in the cauldron.
Unusual aroma, savory taste, and also appetizing type of meat cooked in a cauldron will not leave anyone indifferent, be it a real gourmet - a dock in your business or an ordinary person who loves a tasty meal.
General principles and rules for cooking meat in a cauldron
• Any type of meat intended for cooking in a cauldron, first of all, must be washed, peeled from films, and depending on the recipe, marinate, soak or simply cut into large pieces and mix with spices.
• Before cooking, especially meat, a cauldron needs to be reheated well. In a heated cauldron, melt the fat, melt the fat - for further cooking on it. If the frying of meat must be carried out on vegetable oil, then it needs to be ignited until a certain smoke appears from the cauldron.
• After that, you can begin to fry the meat. Roasting should be carried out on a high heat, in a preheated cauldron, so that the meat inside is filled with juice and becomes tender, and on top of it is appetizing - a crispy and ruddy crust.
• In order for the meat to roast well, it must be put into the cauldron in small portions, otherwise it will release juice ahead of time and will not be fried, but stewed.
• When adding a large amount of onion to the meat, it is better to close the lid tightly. Onion when laying in the cauldron begins to allocate juice, which flows on its hot bottom and evaporates. And as a cauldron, fragrant vapors are covered, emanating from onions soak the meat and make it even more tasty and fragrant.
Recipes and features of cooking appetizing meat in a cauldron
Recipe 1. Meat in a cauldron with vegetables
• Meat - 1 kg.
• Onion - 1 kg.
• Potato - 800 gr.
• Carrot - 400 gr.
• Cabbage - 800 gr.
• Garlic - 2 heads.
• Tomatoes - 4 pcs.
• Eggplant (can be replaced with zucchini) - 2 pcs.
• Bulgarian pepper - 2 pcs.
• Hot Pepper - 1 pod.
First you need to warm up the cauldron. Next on his bottom lay the first pieces of bacon and possible bones, and only then the meat, cut into medium squares.
Then you need to salt and pour the meat with Zira.
Further, it is necessary to peel the onions, chop them with ringlets and lay them on the meat. Then chop the tomatoes into large pieces to put them in a cauldron and salt. Further over it is necessary to put a carrot, shredded with rounds, potatoes, cut in half and salt.
Then it is necessary to cut all the other vegetables in a small scale and, together with garlic, move it to the cauldron, put greens on top, salt and add cumin.
Coarsely chopped cabbage, pre-salted and slightly ground with salt and zira, should be placed on top of all ingredients.
The final touch is wrapping all the ingredients with whole cabbage leaves.
After the cauldron it is necessary to close the lid tightly and place it on the stove, making medium fire under it. After boiling the fire must be reduced and continue to prepare the dish for another hour.
After the dish is prepared, it must be allowed to infuse for 15 minutes in the cauldron under a closed lid.
Recipe 2. Meat in a cauldron - Chakhokhbili
• Meat (chicken) - 1.5 kg.
• Onions - 1 kg.
• Tomatoes - 1 kg.
• Salt, pepper.
• Greens - parsley, coriander, basil.
Chicken joints must be divided into parts with a knife and fry in a heated cauldron on its own fat without adding oil.
Then the chicken meat should be slightly salted, add oil to the cauldron and onion.
After a few minutes, add sliced tomatoes to the chicken with onions. All ingredients must be extinguished on low heat with the lid closed for 30 minutes. 15 minutes before full readiness, chochbili should be poured with garlic. Greens and spices.
Recipe 3. Meat in a cauldron - lamb on bone
• Lamb meat on bone - 1 kg.
• Onions - 2 pcs.
• Fat - 100 gr.
• Garlic - head.
• Salt, pepper.
Lamb meat must be thoroughly washed and dried. Next, the meat must be cleaned of unnecessary films, cut into small pieces and put in a cauldron.
Then the meat must be poured with water so that it completely covers the lamb. Boil the meat in a cauldron should be on low heat, constantly removing the foam. Until ready, the meat will cook for 1.5-2 hours.
After meat broth, strain, add onion, chopped finely, garlic and fat tail to the meat.
Then prepared in this way, the dish must be salted, pepper and simmer the meat for another 25 minutes.
Before serving, ready lamb meat should be decorated with chopped greens.
Recipe 4. Meat in a cauldron - hot
• Pork - 1 kg.
• Potatoes - 4 pcs.
• Bulgarian pepper - 1 pc.
• Fungi - 350 gr.
• Salt, spices.
• Vegetable oil.
Pork should be cut into portions. Onion and pepper chop rings. Garlic with the help of a knife melenko crumble. Peel and chop the potatoes into slices and chop the carrot into thin strips. Boil fungi in a little salty water.
Then it is necessary to heat the cauldron and pour vegetable oil into it. Next you need to fry the pork in butter until a spicy crust appears on it, salt and season it with spices.
After the meat you need to add onions, and after a few minutes to report carrots, Bulgarian pepper, garlic and fungi.
After the vegetables are softer, in the cauldron you need to put the potatoes and pour all the components with water. Next cauldron need to cover the lid and put it in the oven, preheated to 200 degrees. In half an hour the dish will be ready.
Recipe 5. Meat in a cauldron - “Azu”
• Lamb - 1 kg.
• Potatoes - 5 pcs.
• Bulb 2- pcs.
• Cucumbers (salted) - 4 pcs.
• Tomatoes (ketchup or tomato paste) - 0.5 kg.
• Butter (melted) - 80 gr.
• Salt, pepper.
Onions must be peeled and chopped rings. Salted cucumbers need to be cleaned and cut into strips. The meat is cut in portions in long small pieces.
Then you need to warm up the cauldron well and fry the existing meat in small pieces in melted butter until an appetizing crust is formed on it.
Next from the cauldron you need to put the roasted meat in a clean dish and temporarily set aside.
Then in the cauldron it is necessary to add more melted butter, in which it is necessary to fry the onions. Next, add the laid out meat to the onion and salt and pepper all the components and mix.
Then add the chopped tomatoes to the products. And prepare all the ingredients, stirring constantly, without closing the cauldron with a lid.
After that, add broth to the cooked dish and continue to simmer for 50 minutes over low heat.
The cucumbers previously cut must be lightly stewed in the remaining broth. Fry the potatoes in butter until done. Then you need to put the potatoes with cucumbers in a cauldron, mix all the components thoroughly and leave to stew with the lid closed for another 20 minutes.
The finished dish before serving to the table can be beautifully decorated with chopped greens.
Recipe 6. Meat in a cauldron - lamb with vegetables
• Potatoes, carrots.
• Tomatoes, onions.
• Garlic, pepper.
• Lavrushka, zira.
• Pepper, salt.
The meat must be cut into pieces of medium size, and the tail in small cubes. Onion chop rings. Cut the carrots into cubes and chop the tomatoes into cubes.
Then it is necessary to put the cauldron on the fire and melt the fat in it. Next to the cauldron, you need to throw the meat and fry it with constant stirring until golden brown. After in the cauldron you need to put onions, carrots for some time, fry, then add garlic, pepper and lavrushka.
Next in the cauldron, you need to put the tomatoes, and when they turn into something like tomato paste, season the dish with pepper, salt and zira.
Next, you need to turn down the fire and throw in the cauldron, prepared a whole potato. After leaving the dish to stew in a cauldron for two hours under a closed lid.
Before serving dishes to the table it is necessary to decorate it beautifully with greens.
Meat in a cauldron - small tricks and useful tips on cooking
• In order for the meat to be cooked juicy and soft, it must be fried in large chunks and small portions.
• Meat loves spices, seasonings, garlic and greens from this it becomes more fragrant and piquant.
• There is no need to constantly mix the ingredients when cooking meat in a cauldron to avoid burning of the products. Thick walls of a cauldron will protect any components and meat too.
• Meat in a cauldron can be cooked anyway - pork, beef, lamb, chicken. But if you decide to cook a dish of lean meat, it is better to add a small piece of bacon to it.
• Stew meat in two ways in a cauldron - in an oven or over low heat with a little broth added.
• Meat in a cauldron turns out very tasty and fragrant, if it is cooked with a lot of onions and spices.