Someone likes sweets, someone has meat, and someone likes fish. The last group of people was especially lucky in their addiction. The fact is that fish has all the necessary properties in order to call it the most useful of many food groups.
First, fish oil is necessary for full-fledged work of the body for both adults and children. Secondly, fish meat is rich in proteins, which are the building blocks of our body, cells and muscles.
Mackerel refers to fatty white varieties of fish, which is relatively affordable and sold in many stores. This fish is often baked or smoked. Also delicious and pickled mackerel. It costs much more than raw fish, although the recipe is very simple and accessible to everyone.
Marinated mackerel - preparing food and dishes
Mackerel can be used both in fresh and frozen form. How to prepare a fish? Cut off the head, tail, fins. Be sure to clean the middle part and especially the dark film - if this is not done, the pickled mackerel will result in bitter. Cut the fish into portions. Mackerel is ready for pickling.
What do you need for marinade?
First of all mineral water. In addition, prepare onions, garlic, spices, vinegar, salt and sugar.
How long does the fish cook? If you get down to business from the evening, then for breakfast you will get ready marinated mackerel. For the preparation of mackerel in a spicy marinade you need not 12, but 5 hours.
Pickled mackerel recipes:
Recipe 1: Marinated Mackerel
Let's make the simplest marinade, without onions and garlic.
- Carnation - 3-4 things
- Sugar - 4-5 tablespoons
- Mackerel - 3-4 carcasses
Method of preparation:
- Prepare the mackerel. To do this, you need to clean it - cut off the head, remove the fins and tail, remove the giblets. Cut it into pieces.
- Pour the mineral water into the pot and put it on the fire. Add salt, cloves, sugar and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and cool.
- Still warm the marinade pour the fish, and when it is completely cool, put the mackerel in the refrigerator for 10-12 hours.
Recipe 2: Marinated Mackerel with Onions
According to this recipe, mackerel is most often prepared in restaurants. The fish turns out gentle, tasty, with onion aroma.
- 1 liter of purified water for marinade
- Mackerel - 3-4 carcasses
- Onions - 2 pieces
- Parsley fresh
- Sugar - 2-3 tbsp.
- Bay leaf
- Onions clean and cut into rings.
- Greens should be chopped.
- My fish, giblets, take out the film, cut into portions. Mackerel pour onions and parsley.
- Making marinade. Pour water into a saucepan, put on the fire, put salt and sugar, bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat, cool slightly.
- With a warm marinade, pour the fish and put it in the fridge for the night.
Recipe 3: Pickled Spicy Mackerel
Not everyone likes condiments, because, at times, they give the dish an unusual taste. But we recommend that you try marinating the mackerel for this recipe, especially if you are preparing it for the festive table.
- Sugar - 4 tablespoons
- Mineral water - 1.3 liters
- Cumin - 1 h. Spoon
- Coriander - 1/2 tsp
- Hops-suneli - 1/2 tsp
- Cooking fish: giblets, clean and cut into pieces.
- Making marinade. We put water on the fire, and when it boils, add sugar, salt and spices to it. Let the marinade boil with the spices under the lid for 4-5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and allow liquid to cool.
- Fill the mackerel with warm marinade and leave in a cold place for 5-6 hours.
Recipe 4: Marinated Mackerel with Tomato
A very unusual recipe for marinade, which is quite often used by Greek cooks. Ingredients Required:
- Fish - 4 carcasses
- Tomato paste - 4 tbsp. spoons
- Fresh carrots - 1 piece
- Garlic - 3 teeth
- Purified water - 1.3 liters
- Bay Leaf
- Cut the mackerel into portions, after having cleaned it and gutted it.
- Carrots should be washed and finely grated. Stir the carrot with the tomato paste. In a mixture of garlic passed through a press, mix everything.
- Prepare the marinade liquid. Put a saucepan with water on the fire, add sugar, salt and bay leaf. As soon as the water boils, turn off the heat.
- Mix the fish with the tomato mixture, pour the marinade and add the chopped greens. Leave the mackerel marinate overnight.
Recipe 5: Marinated Mackerel with Soy Sauce and Lemon
This marinade is also quite unusual, and will allow habitual mackerel to "play" in a new way. The only thing you need to immediately warn - the fish will turn out quite salty.
- Mackerel - 4-5 carcasses
- Soy Sauce - 5,5. Cocks
- Sugar - 2 tablespoons
- Purified water - 1.4 liters
- Bay Leaf
- Lemon - 1/2 pieces
- Prepare the mackerel: cut the head, tail, cut the fish into pieces.
- Prepare the marinade liquid. To do this, boil the water in a saucepan, then add the sugar and bay leaf. Let the water leave for a minute or two, after which remove the pan from the heat and cool slightly.
- Fill the fish with warm water, add soy sauce and lemon cut into thin slices.
- Marinate for 5-6 hours.
Marinated Mackerel - tips from the best chefs
- Cooks have been arguing for several decades whether to mackerel thaw before you marinate it or not. In fact, you can cook a fish in several ways, including, and without defrosting. How to defrost the fish quickly? Put it in a bag of cellophane and dip it in water.
- Purchase fish from retail outlets that only sell fresh produce. What should a good frozen mackerel look like? The carcass must be solid, without looseness. If there are gills, then they should be solid and dark in color. The smell of fish should be neutral. Do not purchase fish if it is covered with a thick layer of ice; this indicates product staleness. On frozen mackerel should be a thin white icing.
- Do not be afraid to experiment. The above marinade recipes are good, but you can safely add whatever you like to your taste. Try adding orange and apple pieces to the marinade, beetroot, and various spices. The very original flavor of the fish gives parsley root.
- In the marinade you need to use sugar. Try using brown sugar instead of plain white sugar. If you do not want the pickled mackerel to be very salty, you can replace the salt with soy sauce. Pairs of spoons per liter of water will be enough to make the fish tasty and not very salty.
- To keep the fish sour, take a spoonful of wine or rice vinegar.
- What is the best way to serve pickled mackerel? Drain the liquid and fill the fish with oil. You can also add onions, garlic, sweet peas. Very tasty fish with white sauce: it can be mayonnaise or sour cream. You can make the sauce yourself: mix vegetable oil, egg yolks and mustard powder.