For some reason, shrimps are usually cooked or fried in a skillet, but few know that they are deliciously grilled.
The water does not leave the taste and aroma, as when cooking. The product is not soaked with oil, as during normal frying in a skillet.
Shrimps turn out to be very fragrant, bright, juicy, if you know all the subtleties and find the recipe for a good marinade. Here he is!
Grilled Shrimps - General Cooking Principles
Grilled shrimp can be cooked in its shell or peeled. It is important to remove the dark vein, which is the intestine. If this is not done, the shrimp can be bitter. The prepared product is washed, dried. Connects with marinade. For cooking on the grill often use large types of seafood. But small ones can also be used. They must be worn on a skewer, more often they use disposable wooden sticks. Large shrimp can be cooked simply on the grid or also strung on the base.
What is used for marinade:
• different types of vinegar;
• lemon or other types of juices;
• soy sauce;
Shrimps are perfectly combined with all kinds of greens, olives, tomatoes. Basil and a mixture of Provencal herbs are ideal for them. The product does not require long marinating, it perfectly absorbs flavors and tastes in the first hour. Then you can put it on the grill, bring to readiness.
How to determine the readiness of shrimp? If they are prepared in their armor, it is enough to let it blush on both sides. If the shrimp are cooked in peeled form, then you need to wait until the meat is no longer transparent. It is very important not to overdo the sea product. Otherwise, it will become rubbery, tasteless.
Grilled tiger prawns in tomato sauce
Grilled tiger prawns recipe. For the marinade any tomato sauce is used, but it should not be very spicy.
• 1 kg of shrimp; • 0.5 cups of tomato sauce;
• 2 tbsp. l wine vinegar;
• 0.25 art. olive oil;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• 2 tbsp. l chopped basil;
1. If there is no fresh basil, you can take 1 tsp. dried greens. Add tomato sauce to it, mix. If the basil is dry, then let it brew.
2. Chop garlic, combine with sauce, salt and pour in wine vinegar. Stir.
3. At the end add good olive oil.
4. Wash the shrimp. Shake off all the droplets, dry and add the marinade. Stir well.
5. Cover the bowl. You can use food wrap. Put the product in the fridge for exactly an hour.
6. Heat the grill.
7. Put the shrimp on the skewer so that it is convenient to turn them over.
8. Spread the shrimp on the grill, bring to readiness.
9. Remove, remove from the sticks, lay out on a dish, sprinkle with lemon juice and immediately serve.
Grilled prawns in soy marinade
To make this marinade for grilled shrimps, you need a good soy sauce. It will greatly depend on the taste of the product. Marinate can be peeled seafood or in the shell. The same recipe is well suited for squid.
• 1 kg of shrimp;
• 150 g of soy sauce;
• 1 big lemon;
• 5 basil twigs;
• 5 Art. l oils;
• 1 tsp. honey
1. Prepare shrimps, put them in a bowl or container.
2. Combine honey and soy sauce. Stir until dissolved.
3. Wash the lemon, squeeze out all the juice from citrus. Add to marinade.
4. Add olive oil.
5. Mash the basil sprigs and chop finely. Pour into the shrimp.
6. Pour marinade, mix.
7. Cover the bowl, leave for at least 15 minutes.
8. Preheat the grill or coals. Put the shrimp, fry seafood until ruddy color and ready!
Grilled prawns in ginger marinade
The main ingredient for this grilled shrimp marinade is ginger. A fresh root is needed without fail, with a dry product a completely different taste will turn out, besides, it will be difficult to calculate the quantity.
Ingredients • 15 g fresh ginger;
• 1 kg of shrimp;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• 40 ml of oil;
• sea salt;
• 2 bunches of dill.
1. The recipe indicates a piece of refined ginger. We rub it finely, we make the same with the peeled garlic cloves. Fill it all with oil, mix.
2. Prepare the shrimp according to all the rules, sprinkle with sea salt on top, stir.
3. We hand dill. You can use other greens. Put one bundle to the bottom of the container.
4. Pour ginger marinade shrimp, mix. Putting on top of dill.
5. The second bunch of greens also need to be dented. Covering up the shrimp.
6. Leave the product for an hour.
7. Remove the greens from the top, string the seafood on the skewers, spread on the hot grill. Cooking for a couple of minutes on each side.
8. For serving this dish, you can use teriyaki sauce with ginger, which will emphasize the taste of shrimp.
Grilled prawns in orange marinade
To prepare the marinade, you should not use ready-made orange juice. The product must be made independently of fresh citruses. This amount of marinade is designed for 1 kg of large shrimp.
• 200 ml of juice from oranges;
• 0.5 tsp. ginger;
• 1 tsp. salts;
• 1 tbsp. l honey;
• 0.3 tsp. mixes of different peppers;
• 20 ml of oil.
1. Pour salt into orange juice, stir it. Take a spoonful with a tubercle.
2. Add all the other seasonings, dissolve.
3. At the very end pour oil.
4. Mix everything thoroughly so that the mass is homogeneous.
5. Prepare for the marinating shrimp. Put in a bowl.
6. Fill the product with an orange mixture, mix and close so that the shrimps do not dry on top.
7. Leave the seafood for a couple of hours. Periodically they need to be stirred, as the marinade flows down. If the container closes tightly, you can simply turn it upside down and then vice versa.
8. Take out the shrimp, shake off the excess marinade, put the product on the sticks.
9. Rearrange on the grill, prepare the pickled shrimp until lightly crusted on both sides.
Grilled prawns with pineapples
Recipe for spicy shrimp shrimp grilled with pineapple. It uses canned product, as it is more affordable.
• 1 can of pineapple rings;
• 2 slices of fresh garlic;
• 0.5 kg shrimp in shell;
• 20 ml of oil;
• 0.2 tsp. chili peppers;
• 0.3 tsp. black pepper;
• 1 tsp. crushed rind.
1. Make an incision in the shell of the shrimp with a sharp knife. Carefully remove the intestines.
2. Combine chopped zest and chopped garlic, add to them both types of peppers, oil and salt. Pound all together.
3. Open the pineapples. Pour 0.5 cups of juice, combine it with a fragrant mixture for marinade. Stir.
4. Fill the shrimp, leave for an hour.
5. Cut the pineapple rings into quarters.
6. Strung on a wooden skewer shrimp mixed with pineapple.
7. Cooking kebabs on a pre-heated grill.
Grilled shrimp salad
The recipe for an amazing salad, which is prepared with the addition of shrimp. You can cook them according to any of the recipes above.
• 12 shrimps;
• 10 sheets of iceberg lettuce;
• 150 g of small mozzarella;
• 10 cherry tomatoes;
• 2 tbsp. l fresh lemon juice;
• 2 tbsp. l olive oils;
• 10 olives;
• 1 tsp. sesame seed.
1. Leaf lettuce must be well washed and dried. Then we tear it with our hands. Half put on the dish, the second part is dumped in a bowl.
2. Cut the olives in half, throw in a bowl.
3. We take small mozzarella balls, pour the brine, shift it to the salad. If the cheese is large, you have to carefully cut it.
4. Cherry washed, dried and also cut in halves, like olives. Put it in a bowl.
5. Combine butter and prepared lemon juice, dressing with salt.
6. Pour the sauce into the bowl. Gently mix the salad with two vanes.
7. We shift on top of the dish with pieces of a torn iceberg. In general, you can use other lettuce leaves. But they should not be very small. There are similar recipes with arugula.
8. Fold the shrimp from the grill on top, sprinkle with sesame seeds. You can use pine nuts, with them you also get a very interesting taste.
Grilled prawns with bell peppers
For the preparation of such shrimp kebabs on the grill is better to use pepper of different colors.
• 400 g shrimp;
• 1 red pepper;
• 1 yellow pepper;
• 0.5 lemon;
• 1 pinch of black pepper;
• 1 clove garlic;
• 30 ml of oil;
• 30 ml of soy sauce.
1. Cut the peppers lengthwise into segments.
2. Prepare the shrimp: remove the intestines, wash, the shell does not need to be removed.
3. Mix the juice from half a lemon and soy sauce, put the pepper, squeeze a clove of garlic.
4. Add oil, stir.
5. Combine the shrimp with pepper, all together pour the marinade. Stir.
6. After an hour, warm up the grill. String pepper arc on a skewer so that it repeats the shape of the shrimp, which we also put on.
7. Cooking on a hot grill.
Grilled Shrimps - Tips and Tricks
• Defrosting shrimp - a very important point. To preserve the taste, it is important not to immerse the product in water, not to leave it in the thawed liquid, not to keep it warm, not to use the microwave oven. What to do? Put the shrimp in a colander, put it on the pan, top with a cling film, then put it in the fridge.
• Impale on the skewer need shrimp from the tail towards the head, but not vice versa.
• Wooden skewers quickly burned on the grill, turn black, give an unpleasant smell. To prevent this from happening, they are soaked in water for at least half an hour just before preparing the dish.
• How to serve shrimp? In fact, any garlic sauce will do; the product combines well with olives, fresh vegetables, lemon juice. If the shrimp a little, it is better to prepare a fresh salad.