Cream souffle - general principles of preparation
If you are tired of pastries, ordinary chocolates or cakes, it's time to treat yourself and your loved ones with something unusual. Have you noticed which desserts are usually served in restaurants? For guests to order more, chefs pamper customers with very light goodies, such as meringue cakes and cream souffles. Let's stop at the second dessert. Such sweets are shown even by fashionistas who follow the figures because the main ingredient of a light cream soufflé is not flour or fat cream, but sour cream, which is light in fat, or even milk. By varying the amount of sugar and other additives, it is in your power to create an almost dietary meal.
Cream soufflé - preparation of products and dishes
For this dish only fresh products are needed. If you use sour cream, it should not be old, long lying in the refrigerator. Missing milk is best used for pancakes, but not for cream soufflés.
The second essential ingredient is sugar. It is best to use powdered sugar, this product is much more suitable for creating airy desserts.
Cream souffle will freeze in the fridge, so we recommend using a silicone mold. Then the dessert will not lose its shape when you get it.
Cream souffle recipes:
Recipe 1: Cream Soufflé
One of the most common cream souffles is a delicacy on sour cream. It is best to take sour cream is not homemade, as it is very fat and thick, and more sour store with a low fat content.
- Store sour cream 360 grams
- Milk (2.5-3.2% fat) 130ml
- Sugar powder 140 grams
- Gelatin 12 grams
- Pinch of vanilla
- Dissolve gelatin before cooking. You can use warm water for this, but it is better to dissolve gelatin in milk, in a water or steam bath. Fill the powder with milk, stir, and after that you need to cool the milk to room temperature.
- After the gelatin has dissolved, combine the sour cream with a mixer or blender with vanilla and powdered sugar. Sugar powder should be gently poured into the sour cream in a thin stream, so sour cream will rise much better. The amount of smetana mass should increase as a result, and therefore whip at least five to six minutes.
- Pour cooled milk with gelatin in a thin stream into the sour cream with the powder, whilst using a blender.
- Pour the resulting cream souffle mixture into a mold and let cool in the fridge for 2-3 hours. After this time, when the cream souffle hardens, remove it and serve, watering with condensed milk or whipped cream.
Recipe 2: Cream souffle with jelly cubes
A more beautiful dessert can be prepared if you spend more time preparing it. You need two or three types of store fruit jelly of different colors, sour cream, powdered sugar and cream.
- Store sour cream 320 grams
- Cherry Jelly 1 pack
- Apricot jelly 1 pack
- Jelly “Kiwi” 1 pack
- Sugar powder to taste
- Gelatin - 15 grams
- Cream - 140 ml
- Sugar powder 150 grams
- Prepare the jelly. It is best to take different colors, for example, yellow, red and green. Three hours before cooking dessert, you need to fill it with warm water (each in different containers), stir and refrigerate for 3-4 hours until fully cured. In order for the jelly to freeze more quickly and be dense (namely, this is what is needed for dessert), you need to pour less water than recommended on the package.
- When the jelly has hardened, proceed to the second part of the preparation of the dessert. Dissolve gelatin in a water or steam bath in the cream. For this recipe, it is better to take a fatter cream, so the cream soufflé will be tastier.
- Using a mixer or blender, mix sour cream, powdered sugar (it should be poured in a thin stream) and vanilla. Beat sour cream with a mixer for at least four to seven minutes until the mixture is doubled in volume.
- Add cream with gelatin to sour cream, continuing to stir with a mixer. Pour into the form.
- Remove the jelly from the refrigerator, cut it neatly into cubes and add multi-colored pieces to the creamy cream mixture.
- Put the dessert in the refrigerator and leave it there for 2-3 hours to thicken.
Recipe 3: Cream Souffle with Cheese
If you do not countlessly counting calories, make a delicious cream soufflé with cheese. The most suitable ingredient is Maskropone, but for the recipe you can take any fatty curd cheese.
- Muscropone cheese 410 grams
- water 50 ml
- 130 ml of heavy cream (20-25%)
- 150 grams of powdered sugar
- 15 grams of gelatin
- In a small amount of warm water, dilute the gelatin until completely dissolved.
- Beat the heavy cream, gradually adding sugar powder, vanilla and curd cheese to them. As a result, you should get a dense and thick curd mass.
- Pour dissolved gelatin into the cheese mixture with a stream, continuing to beat the mixture with a mixer.
- Pour the finished homogeneous mixture into a mold and let it cool for two hours.
Cream - souffle - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
- In the preparation of cream souffles can not overdo it with fragrant spices. You can add a little vanilla or rum essence, but not much, otherwise you will lose the tenderness of the dish.
- Finished cream souffle can be served with condensed milk, caramel or dissolved chocolate.
- When you are making a cream souffle, you can add to the mass of fresh berries - raspberries, currants, strawberries. You can also use dried fruits, such as raisins and chopped dried apricots.