Shrimp is a true seafood delicacy. The representatives of crustaceans are valued by gourmets around the world for their unique taste properties, and by doctors for their undeniable benefits to the body. Shrimps are sold mainly in the cooked-frozen state, which is why they do not require prolonged heat treatment. With shrimp, any dish becomes attractive and tasty, even as plain as soup.
Shrimp Soup - General Principles and Methods of Cooking
Shrimp soup can be prepared with the addition of any ingredients, but the combination of seafood delicacies with cheese and cream is considered the most valuable in terms of taste criteria. Often, white dry wine, mushrooms, vegetables, herbs, all sorts of spices and even citrus fruits are also added to soups.
But what recipe you would not choose, remember that shrimp are tender creatures that do not tolerate long-term cooking. Three to five minutes of heating is enough, and the shrimps are ready. If they are overexposed on a hot plate, they lose their juiciness and turn into banal rubber, therefore it is recommended to add shrimp to the soup at the very end of cooking.
Shrimp Soup - Food Preparation
When choosing shrimps, consider the following points (if fresh-frozen shrimps): for crustaceans in their shells, the tail should be bent, and the color of the head should vary from light shades to green, but in no case black. Ice on the shrimp should not be much.
To prepare unpeeled fresh-frozen specimens for cooking, it is necessary to defrost them on a separate shelf of the refrigerator, remove them from the head, shell, inner film and boil for about five minutes. As for the boiled-frozen “individuals”, they are sold already purified, rosy and completely ready for use. These are enough to throw in boiling water, and after 2-3 minutes the dish is ready.
Shrimp Soup - Best Recipes
Recipe 1: Cheese Soup with Shrimps
Love light and tender soups, seafood? So you should definitely try this dish, which belongs to exotic oriental cuisine. Exquisite, tasty and very easy to prepare. This dish should be prepared only in chicken broth, so boil it in advance, and engage the chicken in another dish. Ingredients:
- 600 ml chicken broth
- 300 gr. processed cheese
- four medium potatoes
- 200 gr. shrimp peeled
- 50 gr. hard cheese
- garlic clove
- oil grows. (better than olive)
- Muscat to taste
- to taste salt and pepper
Method of preparation:
1. Clean the potatoes and boil them in broth, cut into arbitrary cubes. Peeled boiled and frozen shrimps are thawed, thrown back in a colander, so that the glass is moisture and fry in oil for two minutes, add salt and pepper.
2. Mash boiled potatoes into mush directly in the broth, where it is boiled (you can wipe it through a sieve so that there are no lumps). Cream cheese rubbed or finely chopped and sent to the pan. We send and chopped garlic.
3. Bring the cream soup to a boil, add seasoning, reduce the heat. Just one minute before readiness, we put fried prawns into the dish. When serving, decorate the soup with grated hard cheese.
Recipe 2: Vegetable Soup with Shrimps
This dish concentrates all the most useful things that nature can give: easily digestible proteins contained in shrimps, plus a list of valuable vegetables that perfectly highlight the taste of soup and valuable crustaceans. For this recipe, shrimp is better to buy frozen. If there is none, use boiled-frozen.
- 70 gr. rice
- sweet pepper - 1 pc.
- one carrot
- one red onion
- 300 gr. shrimp
- 100 gr. green beans
- one large tomato
- ten olives
- 40 gr. drain oils
- to taste: salt, paprika, turmeric, chopped parsley leaves and pepper
Method of preparation:
1. Peel and boil the shrimp for several minutes in salted water. We take them out. Putting aside. In the broth throw rice and boil it for about seven minutes.
2. Cut the carrot into slices, onion into semi-circles, fry the ingredients in a pan, first the onion, then the carrot.
3. When the rice is half cooked, we send tomatoes, diced (first you need to remove the skin), chopped peppers and string beans in a pan. Cook for about five minutes, then lay the roast and spices in a bowl.
4. Heat the frying pan and fry the shrimps in butter on an intense fire for one or two minutes, adding salt and paprika. 5. Put the shrimps and olives into the ready soup for another minute, then turn them off, adding the chopped parsley leaves.
Recipe 3: Creamy soup with shrimps and mushrooms
Healthy, delicious, delicate cream soup with shrimps and mushrooms! A real masterpiece! And to prepare it is not at all difficult, the main thing is to stock up with the necessary ingredients and before cooking a delicacy all one step.
- about a kilo of shrimp
- three glasses of meat (chicken) broth
- 200 ml of dry white wine
- one glass of heavy cream
- one glass of whipped cream
- 150 gr. finely chopped mushrooms (champignons possible)
- 4-5 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- celery sprig
- to taste nutmeg, pepper, salt
- optional greens
Method of preparation:
1. Shrimp defrost and fry in butter. Separately fry the mushrooms until cooked.
2. Mix the mushrooms and shrimps in a deep metal container, pour in the broth with wine, add spices, celery and cook over low heat for no more than ten to fifteen minutes.
3. Next, remove the celery from the soup, and grind everything else with the liquid in a blender. Dilute cream soup with cream. Before serving, lay out the dish on plates, top with whipped cream and greens. Bon Appetit everyone.
Shrimp Soup - Tips & Tricks
- When choosing shrimps in the store, give preference to cold-water - they have the most pronounced taste;
- To easily remove the shrimp pulp from the shell and remove the inner film, they must first be lowered into boiling water for just one minute, and then lowered into the cold for just a few seconds;
- If you still digested the shrimp, and the meat became tough, leave them for half an hour in the liquid in which they were boiled, just remember to remove the container from the stove.