The Georgian dish known all over the world - Kharcho - is a bright, very nourishing, rich dish with a specific taste and aroma that everyone likes without exception.
Today, there are so many Kharcho soup recipes that everyone can cook this fragrant dish in a matter of minutes from the products available at home. Consider the most simple and quick recipes.
Kharcho Soup: Simple Recipes - General Cooking Principles
They take any meat for cooking kharcho, the main thing is that the pieces are fat enough: lamb, chicken, pork, beef. Initially cooked saturated broth, then put the washed rice.
In addition to rice and meat, tomatoes (fresh or canned) or tomato-based pasta, onions, garlic, spices, herbs, and sometimes walnuts, carrots, and other products are put in kharcho. Nourishing vegetables, such as potatoes, are usually not added to kharcho, it already turns out to be quite saturated.
Of the spices, ideally suited are hops-suneli, ukho, adjika, a mixture of peppers, and cherry plum based sauces. From greens more often use cilantro, put parsley less often.
1. Kharcho Soup: A Simple Pumpkin Recipe
• five hundred grams of beef meat;
• a glass of white rice;
• 300 grams of pumpkin;
• two liters of water for broth;
• three medium sized tomatoes;
• tomato juice;
• vegetable oil;
• spices (ukho and hops suneli);
• fresh greens;
1. Boil the meat broth. Salt, focusing on taste.
2. Pour white rice into rich broth. Boil for twenty minutes.
3. Onion cut into transparent half rings, fry in a pan.
4. Add to the passerovka pumpkin, cut into cubes of small sizes.
5. Pour a pair of ladle broth into the pan. Stew until soft pumpkin.
6. To cooked rice, add the pumpkin with onions, chopped tomatoes. Stir well. Salt, pepper. Boil for five minutes. Turn off the fire. 7. Add garlic greens to the soup, mix.
8. Insist soup no more than half an hour.
2. Kharcho Soup: A Simple Georgian Recipe
• beef brisket (500 grams);
• two and a half liters of water;
• half a cup of rice;
• one Bulgarian pepper;
• several medium sized tomatoes (for natural tomato paste);
• cooking oil;
• tablespoon of salt;
• pinch of pepper;
• several bay leaves;
• a small amount of hops suneli;
• favorite greens.
1. Get ready to cook the usual beef broth. To improve the taste characteristics regularly remove the foam. Reduce heat to low. Cook for about half an hour.
2. Rinse the rice and leave to swell in cold water.
3. Peel, wash onions, cut into small cubes.
4. Wash, clean and chop the sweet bell pepper.
5. Washed tomatoes, peeled, cut as small as possible.
6. Heat a frying pan or a small cauldron, pour vegetable oil into it, put onions and lightly fry.
7. Add sweet peppers and tomatoes or tomato paste. Simmer, stirring, for a couple of minutes.
8. Add to the meat soaked rice, fried. Cook the soup until ready for about twenty minutes on a low heat under the lid.
9. Wash the greens, finely chop.
10. Peel the garlic, chop with a press.
11. A few minutes until the soup is ready, add salt and pepper. Put bay leaf, finely chopped garlic, tkemali sauce, hops suneli, greens.
3. Kharcho soup: a simple beef and tomato recipe
• beef meat;
• White rice;
• half a kilogram of tomatoes;
• a pair of garlic cloves;
• black pepper allspice;
• a pair of teaspoons of hop-suneli;
• half a red chilli pepper or a teaspoon of red pepper;
• one and a half teaspoons of salt;
• parsley, cilantro and dill.
1. Beef cut into small portions. Remove bones, sinews. Wash the meat, cover it with cold water, put it on the stove, turning on the medium heat. Remove the foam from the water. Cook until half cooked beef a little more than half an hour. 2. Scald fresh tomatoes with boiled water, peel. Tomatoes finely chop or chop to a state of mashed potatoes.
3. Peel and chop the onion.
4. Put chopped onions in the pan. Fry.
5. Remove the beef from the broth. Transfer the meat to the onions. Simmer, covered with a lid, about fifteen minutes.
6. Strain the broth.
7. Put prepared tomatoes to the meat with onions. Cook for about ten minutes. Pour strained meat broth.
8. Put rice in boiling broth. Boil for 20 minutes.
9. Wash and chop the greens, garlic.
10. At the very end of cooking, put crushed garlic, hops-suneli, chopped greens, hot peppers, allspice, bay leaves in the dish. Salt it.
4. Kharcho soup: a simple recipe for chicken with nuts
• one and a half tablespoons of wheat flour;
• 130 grams of walnuts;
• four cloves of garlic;
• A couple of tablespoons of cilantro;
• black ground pepper, salt.
1. Prepare and rinse the chicken. Cut off the tail, the outermost part of the wings, cut the rest into small pieces. Fill with 2-2,5 liters of cold water. Boil the bird until tender.
2. In a saucepan stew chopped onions with fat, removed from the broth. Add boiled chicken. Simmer for fifteen minutes, remembering to stir occasionally.
3. Add wheat flour.
4. After five minutes, pour the broth. Boil ten, maybe a little more, minutes.
5. Add tkemali or tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
6. Season the soup with crushed nuts, chopped garlic, bay leaf, hop-suneli, cilantro, salt. Kharcho is ready.
5. Kharcho soup: a simple recipe with prunes
• ground black pepper (red can also be used);
• 200 grams of tomato paste;
• 0.3 cup rice;
• meat (beef with pork is ideal);
• garlic (you can safely take up to ten cloves);
Cooking process: 1. Cut the meat into small pieces. Put in cold water. Cook the meat for an hour on low heat, regularly removing the foam.
2. Cut prunes into small slices.
3. Cut the onion as small as possible. Fry it in vegetable or other oil until golden.
4. Add tomato paste. Fry, stirring, already rosy onions in tomato paste.
5. An hour later put the prunes to the meat. Cook for about twenty minutes.
6. Pour into the soup a third cup of rice. Cook.
7. Finely chop the garlic, onion.
8. Add onions, garlic, black and red pepper, adjika, greens, and salt in 15 minutes. Stir.
9. Boil the soup for five minutes. Re-add salt if necessary.
10. Let the soup stand for about half an hour.
6. Kharcho soup: a simple recipe with white wine
• 100 grams of rice;
• 500 grams of lamb;
• two potatoes;
• one carrot;
• five cloves of garlic;
• 100 grams of tomatoes in their own juice;
• tablespoon of vegetable oil;
• two tablespoons of dry white wine;
• red hot pepper;
• freshly ground pepper mixture;
• ground coriander;
1. Rinse and dry the lamb. Coarsely chop the meat. Fry in vegetable oil from all sides on high heat for five minutes.
2. Onions, carrot clean, finely chop. Add to the meat. Fry for about five minutes.
3. Pour dry white wine, mix.
4. Add a mixture of peppers, red hot peppers, coriander.
5. Add salt, spices to meat.
6. Put the tomatoes in their own juice.
7. Mix all ingredients, simmer for about 10 minutes.
8. Pour a couple of liters of boiled water. Simmer the soup for half an hour.
9. Take one hundred grams of rice. Rinse out. Soak for half an hour.
10. After 30 minutes, peel and chop the potatoes. Add to the broth.
11. Next add the soaked rice.
12. Cook for about half an hour. Rice should be boiled soft.
13. Finely chop the cilantro, garlic. Add to the kharcho.
14. Turn off the fire. Insist grub about 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Kharcho soup: a simple recipe - tricks and tips
• Cilantro - greens, which must be present in the traditional kharcho soup. But because of its specific taste and smell, not everyone likes it. Therefore, it is not necessary to put this ingredient in the dish. You can replace cilantro with any other greens to taste, and serve it separately, for example, in a ground form in a bowl.
• Spices in kharcho will open better if the kharcho after cooking is insisted for 15-17 minutes. It does not make sense any longer, otherwise the rice can get fermented.
• Also because of the property of rice to swell it is not necessary to cook kharcho for the future, this dish is tasty in a freshly prepared form.
• If you do not like spicy dishes or if you are going to treat children with soup, you should not put garlic and chili in kharcho. Feel free to replace these spices with paprika, curry, and greens. You can serve Adjika or sliced garlic separately.
• Garlic in boiled form is not very tasty, and the flavor of the dish turns out to be specific, so do not cook this ingredient for a long time, rather add it at the end of cooking or in an already prepared dish.
• Choose round or long rice varieties. Steamed and crushed grits for kharcho are not suitable.
• Due to the fact that cooking kharcho soup does not imply pre-sautéing, it is better to use non-lean meats. For example, cut with layers of fat, homemade chicken, meat on the bone.