In winter, any greens come in handy. Therefore, in the summer-autumn period, when there is a massive ripening of vegetables, hostesses work tirelessly. They salt and pickle cucumbers, tomatoes, cabbage, eggplant, pepper. And many overlook the fact that at the beginning of the summer you can take care of the safety of the crop.
It is then that the garlic shooters begin to reach for the sun, and the gardeners ruthlessly break them out to allow the garlic heads to get juice. Many do not even think about the fact that garlic shooters are a storehouse of vitamins, and in winter they will help the body to withstand the flu and other colds.
Arrows of garlic can be frozen, pickled or pickled. In any case, they are very tasty and fragrant.
Arrows of salted garlic: the subtleties of cooking
- Only young shoots of garlic are suitable for pickling. They are cut off when the garlic head has not yet formed. At this time, the arrows are still very juicy and soft. If the garlic arrows are cut off later, they will be hard and will remain so even after heat treatment.
- Not all the shooter is salted, but only its middle part. Whitish apex in the form of an unopened bud is cut, as is the bottom coarse part of the stem.
- Young garlic shoots salted fresh. If they turned out to be a bit harsh, then they are recommended to be blanched for 1-2 minutes in boiling water before salting. So that they retain their green color, they need to be immediately cooled under running cold water.
Arrows of salted garlic: the first recipe
- garlic arrows - 1 kg;
- water - 1 l;
- salt - 50 g;
- table vinegar - 25 ml.
- Prepare the pickle in advance. To do this, pour water into the pot, put salt. Boil the liquid. Remove from heat, pour in vinegar and mix. Cool completely.
- Young shooters of garlic sort out, remove overripe hard stems. Cut the top and bottom of the arrows. Wash well in cold water.
- Cut the arrows into pieces up to 10-12 cm.
- In small batches, place in a colander in water and blanch for 2 minutes. Then cool quickly in ice water.
- Fold the cut arrows into an enamel pot or glass jar. Pour the brine so that it covers the green completely. Cover the garlic arrows with a clean cotton cloth, put down the oppression.
- Transfer the dishes to a warm room and leave for 8-9 days. Approximately on the fourth day lactic fermentation will begin, which can last for five days. Make sure that during this time the arrows are immersed in a brine. If they peek out of the brine, increase the oppression or add fresh brine.
- When fermentation stops, transfer the pot to a cold room or store in a refrigerator.
Note: If you want to close the salted garlic tightly, then transfer it to clean liter jars and cover with fresh brine, brought to a boil. Cover the jars with tin sterile lids, put in a pan with hot water and sterilize for 5 minutes. Then hermetically seal the cans, turn them upside down and leave to cool completely.
Arrows of garlic, chopped, salted
- garlic arrows - 500 g;
- salt - 2 tbsp. l .;
- vegetable oil - 6-7 Art. l .;
- ground black pepper to taste.
- Pick the young arrows of garlic with tender pulp. Wash in cold water. Trim the lower harsh part of the stem, as well as the light pointed tip. Cut the rest into pieces.
- Fold the cut hands into a blender. Add salt and pepper. Pour the vegetable oil. Turn on the combine or blender, at low speed, grind the arrows to the desired consistency. It is advisable not to turn them into a puree, but to keep at least small pieces - a large crumb. So the arrows in the finished form will look more appetizing.
- Put the garlic mass in clean, dry jars, close the nylon or tin lids and put in the refrigerator.
Note: Hands made this way can be stored in the freezer. In this case, they are packaged in small portions of containers and tightly closed with a lid so that the garlic smell does not transfer to other products. Such garlic preparation turns out very fragrant and tasty. It can be added to different dishes instead of garlic. As an independent snack, it is not very suitable, as there is a lot of salt in it.
Arrows of salted garlic: a quick way
- garlic arrows - 500 g;
- salt - 80-100 g.
- Wash the young arrows of garlic thoroughly in cold water. Cut the bottom of the stems and tops. Cut into pieces 3-4 cm. Fold in a bowl.
- Add salt to chopped arrows and mix well. Leave on for twenty minutes to stand out juice.
- Put the prepared mixture into clean, dry jars and press down a bit so that the contents of the jars are covered with liquid. Cover the jars with lids and put them in the refrigerator.
Mistress to note
The arrows of garlic, salted in the first way, are self-snack.
Garlic arrows, salted in the second and third methods, are used to make gravy for meat dishes, added to a soup broiler or borscht. They enrich any dish with garlic aroma and taste.