When making vegetable preparations for the winter, many use eggplants as one of the ingredients for a sauté, vegetable caviar and other multi-component snacks. However, these vegetables are tasty in their own right, if they are marinated with a minimum amount of supplements. Eggplants in the marinade for the winter can be closed whole or cut into slices, sometimes they are pre-fried. The taste of the finished snack depends on the selected marinade recipe and technology of cooking the food itself. “Blue” canning technologies are not always identical, they depend on a specific recipe. But even the beginning hostess will be able to cope with the task if she knows and observes a few simple rules.
There are not many secrets of cooking delicious eggplants in the marinade for the winter, but you should learn about them before starting work to get the expected result.
- Eggplants contain solanine. This toxic substance gives a “blue” bitter taste. You can get rid of it with salt. Chopped vegetables are salted, left to stand for 10 minutes, then washed. Another way to remove solanine from eggplants is by soaking them in brine. It is prepared from 20 g of salt and 1 l of water. In this brine, vegetables are soaked for 20 minutes. If you are afraid that they will become salty because of this, you can make half or even three times less concentrated solution, but hold “blue ones” in it for longer - 1-2 hours.
- Large and overripe eggplants are not recommended for winter pickling. Loose pulp and large seeds will make the preparation of them hard and unpleasant to taste.
- Some recipes for preparing pickled eggplants include sterilization in cans. Capacities for this purpose it is advisable to choose small (no more than 1 liter in volume) and of the same size.
- Eggplants in marinade will stand well only if banks are sterilized for them. Lids also need to be sterilized, for which they are usually boiled. Close the canned metal lids, ensuring tightness. Plastic may be used only when the snack is stored in the refrigerator and for a short time.
- For additional preservation, snacks are cooled gradually, in conditions of a steam bath. To do this, the blanks after seaming cans covered with a blanket or other warm clothes. Banks before it is recommended to turn. This will allow time to identify leaking closed banks.
The storage conditions for eggplants in marinade may depend on the recipe according to which they were closed for the winter. Typically, these blanks are well worth it even at room temperature.
Eggplant in spicy marinade
Composition (1 l):
- eggplants - 1 kg;
- garlic - 10 cloves;
- vegetable oil - 120 ml;
- water - 1 l;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 120 ml;
- sugar - 20 g;
- salt - 20 g;
- bay leaf - 2 pcs .;
- allspice peas - 4 pcs .;
- carnation - 2 pcs .;
- mustard seeds - 2 g;
- coriander seeds - 2 g.
Method of preparation:
- Thoroughly wash the jars and lids that fit them. Sterilize the jars in any convenient way, boil the lids.
- Peel the eggplants, cut into large cubes (about 3 cm each).
- Prepare a saline solution from 2 liters of water and a tablespoon of salt, dip the eggplants in it. After an hour, rinse them.
- Put the spices in a saucepan, cover with water. Add salt and sugar, mix.
- Put the pan on the stove, bring its contents to a boil. Pour in vinegar, mix.
- Put the eggplants in the marinade, boil them 5-7 minutes after it boils again.
- Remove the pan from the heat, cover with a lid. Leave the eggplants in the marinade for another 10 minutes. Throw them in a colander, but do not pour the marinade.
- Peel the garlic, pass through the press, mix with eggplants.
- Add oil, mix again.
- Spread snacks in cans.
- Boil the marinade again and cover them with vegetables.
- Cover the jars with lids.
- Put a towel in a large pot. Put a can of eggplant on it.
- Pour water into the pan so that its level reaches the hangers of the cans. Over low heat bring it to a boil.
- Sterilize cans with snacks for 10-20 minutes, depending on their volume.
- Carefully remove the jars from the pan and roll them. Turning over, cover with a blanket and leave to cool in this form.
You can keep snacks at room temperature. In its preparation, you can do without sterilization, putting the mixture of eggplants, garlic and oil in a saucepan, roasting it for 10 minutes and only then spreading it over the banks and pouring boiling marinade.
Eggplant in honey marinade
Composition (1 l):
- small eggplants - 0, 8 kg;
- salt - 60 g;
- honey - 40 ml;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 100 ml;
- water - 0, 3 l;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- red pepper (optional) - a pinch;
- vegetable oil - 150 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Wash eggplants, dry with a napkin. If the skin is rough, peel the fruit. Cut vegetables into plates with a thickness of 0, 5 cm. You can cut along or across. Young vegetables are usually cut along.
- Sprinkle the eggplants with salt, leave for 10-15 minutes. Rinse well, pat dry.
- Fry the pieces of eggplant on both sides.
- Cut the garlic cloves into thin plates.
- Sterilize the jars, boil the lids.
- Put the fried eggplants in jars, sprinkling them with garlic plates.
- Boil water, add pepper, salt and vinegar to it. Stir. When the marinade is boiling again, add honey and boil until the sweet product is completely dissolved.
- Pour the marinade in the eggplants.
- Hermetically seal the jars, flip, cover with a blanket.
After cooling, the eggplants in honey marinade should be transferred to a cold cellar or placed in a refrigerator; these canned foods should not be stored at room temperature.
Eggplant with pepper in marinade for the winter
Composition (for 2, 5 l):
- eggplants - 1, 5 kg;
- sweet pepper - 1, 5 kg;
- garlic - 20 cloves;
- hot pepper - 50 g;
- vegetable oil - 0, 2-0, 25 l;
- sugar - 0, 3 kg;
- apple cider vinegar (6%) - 0, 3 l;
- salt - 40 g.
Method of preparation:
- Fold the sweet peppers on a baking sheet, place in an oven preheated to 220 degrees, bake until dark tan appears.
- Remove from the oven, wrap in foil, leave for half an hour.
- Eggplants, without peeling, cut into circles, sprinkle, rinse after 10 minutes, blot with a napkin.
- Fry the eggplants in oil.
- Pepper removed from the foil, peel off. Remove seeds from the fruit. Cut the flesh into thick strips.
- Cut the garlic into plates, the hot peppers into rings.
- Put the eggplants and peppers in a bowl, add the hot pepper rings and garlic to them.
- Mix salt, sugar and vinegar separately.
- Pour marinade over vegetables, mix by hand.
- Sterilize the jars and fill them with vegetables. Pour the remaining marinade over the banks.
- Cover the jars with the prepared lids. Sterilize containers in boiling water for 30-60 minutes, depending on the volume of the cans.
- Remove the jars from the pan with water, close them tightly.
- Leave to cool in steam bath conditions.
The eggplant and pepper appetizer made with this recipe is spicy. It looks so appetizing that it can decorate a festive table. Its preparation requires considerable effort, but the result justifies them. This appetizer does not require special storage conditions.
Video: Eggplant with marinated peppers
I would eat every day - so delicious!
Marinated eggplants are a savory dish that many people like. If you belong to the lovers of these vegetables, they should be closed in the marinade at least one of the recipes.