Eggplants have a unique taste, they are healthy, nourishing and at the same time not too high in calories. However, by frying them in a pan in a large amount of oil, we turn them into a less wholesome and more high-calorie meal. So nutritionists say that the best way to cook “blue ones” is to bake. Especially popular among housewives are eggplants baked in the oven with tomatoes and cheese. After all, with a minimum set of products it is possible to get a delicious and very appetizing-looking dish without spending a lot of effort.
Eggplants contain many elements necessary for the human body, but among them there is also a substance that can cause harm. This is solanine. He also gives the fruit bitterness, which does not adorn the taste of the finished dish. For this reason, to ignore the tips on the proper preparation of eggplants for baking is not worth it.
- Solanin in ripe eggplants is much less than in immature. Therefore, for baking, it is better to buy fruits that have a smooth, deep blue, even blue-black color. However, overripe and overfished vegetables are also not suitable. It is better to refuse to buy limp and soft fruits. Too large eggplants are also not worth taking, except that if you grew up on your backyard and you feel sorry for throwing them away.
- Salt will help get rid of solanine. To do this, eggplant should be soaked in salted water or just salt them, cut in half. The bitterness will go away after 20 minutes. After that, the vegetables will remain well washed and squeezed, so that they do not have excess liquid, the presence of which does not improve the taste of ready-made dishes.
- Eggplants are prepared quickly, so if the recipe uses products that are cooked for a long time, they must first be cooked to half-cooked.
Eggplants baked with tomatoes and cheese are prepared according to different recipes. However, they always look beautiful and appetizing. They can be eaten as a separate dish, served as a cold or hot snack. They can also be replaced with a side dish - they go well with meat.
Eggplant Baked with Tomatoes and Cheese
- eggplants - 0.5 kg;
- tomatoes - 0, 3 kg;
- cheese - 100 g;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- vegetable oil - 50 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Wash eggplants, cut tails, cut into 1, 5 cm wide circles.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into thin circles with a special knife. The knife must be very sharp, otherwise the juice will flow out of the tomatoes.
- Grate grated cheese with small holes.
- Lightly salt the eggplants and leave them for 20 minutes.
- Carefully shake off the salt, rinse the eggplant circles in cool water, pat dry.
- Grease a baking sheet or baking dish with oil. Lay out the eggplant mugs.
- If desired, pepper eggplant.
- Sprinkle each cup with cheese (use no more than half of the cheese).
- Spread tomato over eggplant circles. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees, place a pan with vegetables in it. Cook for 15 minutes.
The resulting dish is universal: it will be tasty and hot and cold. Serve it better, sprinkled with fresh herbs.
Eggplant baked with mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese
- eggplants - 0.5 kg;
- champignons - 0, 3 kg;
- tomatoes - 0, 25 kg;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- sour cream - 0, 2 l;
- hard cheese - 100 g;
- vegetable oil - 50 ml;
- salt - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the eggplants, cut into slices about 1 cm thick, fold into a deep bowl, salt, stir and leave for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the eggplants in cool water, dry them, spread them out on a towel.
- Wash, wipe the mushrooms with a paper napkin, cut them in circles (you can simply cut the legs and cut the caps in half lengthwise). Cut off the uppermost parts of the caps so that the pieces of mushrooms are flat.
- Wash and dry the tomatoes. Carefully, so as not to leak juice, cut them into circles. It is better to do this with a sharp knife or even a special knife for tomatoes and citrus.
- Cheese finely grate.
- Skip garlic through a press, mix it with sour cream.
- Lubricate the baking dish with oil, put the eggplants in it.
- Brush the eggplants with a little sour cream. Put the mushrooms on them.
- Smear the mushrooms, place the tomato slices on top.
- Smear the remaining sour cream.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees. Put in her eggplant mold, bake for 30 minutes.
Eggplants baked under cheese with tomatoes and mushrooms are not only a very appetizing, but also quite satisfying dish.
Bake eggplants in the oven with tomatoes and cheese is a snap, and takes a little time to prepare them. But the resulting dish looks very tempting. Its taste is also unlikely to disappoint anyone.