How to cook a tasty and healthy dish for dinner, so that it would be to the taste of the household?
Try to make cabbage stew with potatoes in a slow cooker, this simple budget dish will be an excellent choice for an evening meal.
General principles of cooking cabbage stew with potatoes in a slow cooker
Stewed cabbage with potatoes in a slow cooker is a simple, cheap and healthy dish. Through the use of this kitchen assistant, you can cook it quickly and effortlessly.
Braised cabbage with potatoes in a slow cooker can serve as a main course during fasting or with vegetarian food, a good side dish for meat, poultry or fish, you can use stewed cabbage with potatoes in a slow cooker and just as a light dinner, which will help diversify the menu, especially in winter, when there are some fresh vegetables.
In addition, there are many recipes for stewed cabbage with potatoes in a slow cooker, which include other ingredients, including meat, fish, chicken, minced meat, dairy products and, of course, a variety of vegetables. All this not only gives the stewed cabbage and potatoes in the slow cooker the original pleasant taste, but also makes the dish more saturated and healthy.
To cook cabbage stew with potatoes in a slow cooker, most often it uses the “Baking” or “Stewing” mode. In the first case, the dishes are prepared much faster, but the liquid boils away strongly and it must be added to the bowl from time to time, making sure that the dish does not burn. If you chose the mode “Stewing”, then it is not necessary to follow the cooking of stewed cabbage with potatoes in a slow cooker; it will cook a little longer, but the water boils away almost and the dish does not burn.
Traditionally, onions and carrots are also added to stewed cabbage with potatoes in a slow cooker. By the way there will be tomato paste or chopped tomatoes. However, if you want to make the dish more unusual and savory, you can add other ingredients. Very tasty cabbage stew with potatoes in a slow cooker is obtained with the addition of sweet pepper, eggplant, zucchini; many people like the addition of hot spices, such as slightly spicy chili, various herbs, ketchup or mayonnaise. Fans of more fatty dishes can season the cabbage with potatoes in a slow cooker with fatty sour cream, butter, healthy food lovers prefer soy sauce, and those who do not think of a meal without meat or at least chicken can cook a stewed cabbage with a potato in a slow cooker with meat. minced meat, pieces of poultry or sausages. When cooking cabbage stew with potatoes in a slow cooker, we must remember that different vegetables (and especially meat products) have different cooking times. In some cases, it is necessary to put some of the ingredients in a multicooker bowl in advance and cook an extra 15-30 minutes.
Recipe 1. Braised cabbage with potatoes in a slow cooker with carrots and onions
- White cabbage - 1 kg
- Carrots - 1-2 medium root vegetables
- Potatoes - 6 tubers
- Large onion - 1
- Odorless vegetable oil - to taste, but not less than 3 spoons
- Tomato - one large fleshy fruit
- Water - 2 glasses
- Spicy herbs and bay leaves - at will and taste
Rub the carrot, chop the onion. Remove the skin from a tomato, pre-scalded it with boiling water.
Grind the tomato with a knife or blender. Pour vegetable oil into the multicooker bowl, put onions and carrots there and cook using the “Baking” mode for 5 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and keep vegetables in the same mode in a slow cooker for about 5 minutes.
Cabbage cut into small squares, and potatoes - into large cubes; put both ingredients in a bowl with prepared carrots and onions, pour water, mix, stick bay leaf in the center. Cook the dish using the “Quenching” mode for about 40 minutes. When serving, it is advisable to sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs.
Recipe 2. Stewed cabbage with potatoes in a sharp cooker “Ostrenkaya”
- Potatoes - 5 large tubers
- Fresh cabbage - about a kilogram
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves
- Krasnodar type tomato sauce - tablespoon
- Onion - half of the big head
- Carrot - 1 piece
- Hot pepper - a piece about a centimeter in length
- Spicy greens - big bunch
- Cumin - half a teaspoon
Onions and carrots cut into very small cubes. Peel the potatoes immediately
cut into strips.
Put the multicooker in the bowl, in which oil, onions, carrots and potatoes are already poured; fry them with the lid open for 10 minutes. Finely chop the cabbage, put it to the pre-roasted vegetables. In two glasses of water, let the tomato sauce run out, squeeze the garlic through a press and put the chopped hot pepper. Close the multicooker lid to cook using the “Quenching” mode for half an hour.
Rinse the spicy greens very finely chopped and add to the stewed vegetables, salt, pepper, mix and cook with the same mode for about half an hour.
Recipe 3. Stewed cabbage and potatoes in the “Puff” multi-cooker
- Carrots - one thing is not very large
- Onion - one big
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Sweet pepper - two large pods
- Eggplant - one small fruit or half of a large one (peeled)
- Tomatoes - three medium dense vegetables
- Vegetable oil - 3 full big spoons
- Salt, pepper, herbs - to taste.
Cut cabbage into small squares, cut potatoes into thin circles, onion into rings, peppers into narrow strips, and as for eggplants, carrots and tomatoes, peel them and cut them into slices.
Pour vegetable oil into the bowl of the multicooker. Carefully lay the vegetables alternately in layers: onion, eggplant, carrot, potato, then pepper, cabbage, tomato. At the same time, lightly sprinkle each layer and sprinkle with dried herbs. Peel garlic cloves, cut into long, thin slices and stick them vertically in a dish. Pour water and simmer for about an hour with the appropriate mode.
Recipe 4. Stewed cabbage and potatoes in a multifunctional “Sytnaya”
- Cabbage - a piece of about a kilogram
- Onion - one large onion
- Mushrooms - a pound
- Potato - 6 medium sized tubers
- Canned beans - the contents of 1 can
- Tomato paste - 2 spoons (or a fresh, rather large tomato)
- Vegetable oil
- Garlic - 2 cloves
Cabbage finely chop; peel potatoes and cut into cubes; mushrooms, too, wash and clean, and then cut into quarters or smaller, if they are large. Finely chop the onion and garlic. Mix in a bowl of the multicooker, in which vegetable oil, cabbage, potatoes, onions, garlic, mushrooms and beans are already poured in sufficient quantity (no need to use bean liquid!). Stir in tomato paste in water, pour vegetables into liquid and simmer for 45 minutes.
Recipe 5. Stewed cabbage and potatoes in a slow cooker with sausages
- Sausages, sausage or half-smoked sausages - 300 g
- Cabbage - 700 g
- Carrots - one small thing
- Small onion - 1
- Sweet pepper - 1
- Potato - 5 Medium Size Stuff
- Vegetable oil or margarine
- Tomato paste or tomato sauce (you can fresh tomato, freed from the skin and ground with a blender
- Method of preparation
- Chop onions and carrots in any way, even a blender.
Pour butter into a multicooker bowl or put margarine.
Cut the sausages or sausage into cubes that are not too large, put onions, carrots and sausages in the crock-pot and cook for 10 minutes with the “Frying” or “Baking” mode. Cabbage cut into thin strips, peppers - narrow strips, potatoes - cubes. Put the vegetables to the sausage in a bowl of multicookers.
Mix tomato sauce or pasta in two cups of water, pour in salt, pepper, dried herbs and pour over vegetables. Close the lid and cook the cabbage stew with potatoes in a slow cooker for 40 minutes.
Recipe 6. Stewed cabbage with potatoes in a slow cooker with sour cream
- Potatoes - 5 medium tubers
- Onion - half a large onion
- Champignons or oyster mushrooms - 200 g
- Cabbage - a pound kochanchik
- Sour cream with fat content of 20% - 200 g
- “Adygeisky” type cheese - about 200 g
- Vegetable oil - one spoon
- Salt, pepper, dry and fresh herbs
Cabbage cut into small squares, potatoes - in small cubes, chop the onion with a knife.
Pour some oil into the bowl of the slow cooker, put the onion and cook it in the “Baking” mode for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, the mushrooms cut into small pieces. Add them to the fried onions and cook for another 5 minutes. Put the potatoes and cabbage in the same place, add a glass of water and sour cream, salt and pepper, sprinkle with dry spicy greens, mix all the ingredients and cook the dish in “Quenching” mode for about 40 minutes. Cheese cut into very small cubes, and chop fresh spicy greens. When serving, sprinkle vegetables with herbs and cheese.
Cabbage stew with potatoes in a slow cooker: tricks and helpful tips
- When cooking stewed cabbage with potatoes in a slow cooker, pay attention to the power of the kitchen equipment you use. Cooking time is approximate. Perhaps your multicooker will cook this dish much faster than the recipe says.
- If you decide to use the “Baking” mode, be sure to check every 10 minutes if you need to pour water. Boil it quickly.
- If you want to make the dish richer, add meat, mushroom or chicken broth instead of water.
- Instead of champignons or oyster mushrooms, wild mushrooms can be put in the stewed cabbage and potatoes.
- In addition to carrots, you can add parsley or celery root to the dish, as well as sprinkle ready-made cabbage with sesame or cilantro.