Vegetable broth - general principles of cooking
Do you know what the words “boiler” and “broth” are related to each other? In fact, both of these words originated from the French bouillir, which means “to boil”. This is the meaning of cooking broth, you just need to boil, that is, boil vegetables, meat or fish. It is from what product is the basis of the broth, and get the original dish. We will learn to cook vegetable broth and consider a few recipes.
What is it for? The most commonly used method of application is when diluting fish or meat dishes, preparing soups (especially soup-puree) and borscht, vegetable stew, sauce and other dishes. As you can see, the broth - preparation in cooking is quite useful. The broth can be stored for a long time, and you can freeze.
In addition, vegetable broth is the main dish in Gesture diet. This “dish” cannot be called tasty (because the broth is prepared without salt from all four vegetables), but it is quite edible, pleasant to taste and suitable for use in convalescent patients.
Vegetable broth - preparing food and dishes
It is easy to guess that for the preparation of vegetable broth, we need vegetables and water. Water is the basis of the “dish”, and therefore do not use the one that flows from the tap. Take filtered, and even better mineral (non-carbonated) water. It is on what this ingredient will be that the taste of the broth, its transparency and aroma depend.
We now turn to the vegetables. The broth will turn out to be tastier than there will be more various “gifts of the earth”, however, this is what you should take note:
-morkov will give broth sweetness. If you fry the carrots, the broth will turn out even sweeter;
Bulgarian pepper will give the broth such a strong aroma that it will kill the smell of any dish, if you use the broth to stew meat or poultry; - the tomato will make the taste of the broth slightly sour, and the dried tomato will give the broth a thick, slightly meaty aroma;
- cabbage will make the broth more turbid in color and also very fragrant;
-broiled vegetables will create a completely different kind of broth than if you used raw vegetables;
- Broccoli and cauliflower will give all their vitamins in the broth. You can use it as a basis for baby food.
Vegetable Broth Recipes
Recipe 1: Classic vegetable broth
In fact, if you put any vegetables in boiling water, you get vegetable broth. But since different vegetables create different tastes, there are many recipes that are appropriate for use in certain dishes. Such a broth, which is described in this recipe, is good for any dishes, as it has a neutral light taste and is almost transparent. In addition, this particular broth can be used in the Gesture diet. We are not supporters of diets - it is better to always lead a healthy lifestyle and eat right, getting all the necessary elements, but this is a recipe, in any case, you can take note. A cup of broth and a couple of slices of bread will be a great breakfast.
- 1.3 liters purified water
- Carrots 2 pieces
- Tomatoes 2 pieces
- We put the water in the pot on the fire.
- Carrots and tomatoes wash. We clean the carrots and, together with the tomatoes, cut them into cubes and throw them into the water.
- Add chopped thyme and leek to boiled water, cover with a lid and let cook for about twenty-five minutes on low heat. Remove from heat and strain. That's all. Please note that the broth for this recipe does not need to salt.
Recipe 2: Vegetable broth with pepper
This kind of broth is good for adding to meat dishes. For example, you cook goulash and you want to dilute it, or you make mashed meat. This broth will be very fragrant and rich. Ingredients Required:
- 1.3 liters of purified water
- Bulgarian pepper 2 pieces
- Carrots 2 pieces
- Bulb onion 1 large size
- Put the pot of water on the fire, let it boil.
- While the water is boiling, we are cooking vegetables. Carrot clean and cut into cubes.
- Clean the onions and cut large.
- My pepper, cut out the core with the bones and cut them into squares. Vegetables put in a saucepan, salt.
- Cut the washed parsley and add to the pan two or three minutes after putting the vegetables in it. Cook the broth for twenty minutes, then remove the pan from the heat. Strain the broth.
Recipe 3: Vegetable broth with mushrooms
Do you like mushroom soup? Rather, yes, than not - because fragrant soup love so many! In addition, vegetable broth from mushrooms can be diluted thick meat dishes, as well as use it as a basis for soup-puree. You will need mushrooms - best forest, as the most fragrant. However, if you do not have the talent of a mushroom picker, that's okay, the champignons from the store are also suitable. Do not forget about the fresh parsley - this ingredient will enhance the already strong flavor of champignons, making the broth very mushroom.
- Mineral water for 1.3 liters broth
- Mushrooms 400 grams
- Onion 1 piece
- Fresh Greens
- Put the pot of water on fire.
- Clean and cut onions.
- The mushrooms are good for mine (it’s best to fill them with ten minutes so that all the dirt is washed off), after which we cut them large, into three or four pieces each.
- Mushrooms and onions put in a saucepan, salt.
- Minced shredded parsley and add it to the pan after five minutes, after putting mushrooms there. Cook the broth for about fifteen minutes and remove from heat. Strain out.
Recipe 4: Vegetable broth with roasted vegetables
Although the broth is vegetable, but if you use vegetables slightly roasted, it will be rich and nourishing.
- Mineral water 1.4 for broth
- Carrot 2 pieces
- Bulgarian sweet pepper 1 piece
- Butter 50 grams
- Heat the pan.
- Peel the onions from the husk and cut. Clean carrots and cut large.
- Put the butter in the pan, and when it melts, fry the onions and carrots to a golden hue.
- Put a pot of water on the stove.
- Pepper wash and clean, cut large. Put peppers and fried vegetables in the stove. We salt. Cook the vegetables for about eighteen minutes, after which we filter the broth.
Recipe 5: Vegetable Green Broth
Vegetable broth, which you can boil according to this recipe, is a very beautiful greenish tint. Remember that cabbage will give a decoction a very bright aroma that can kill even the smell of meat. Such broth can be used by drinking in its pure form, as well as taken as the basis for soup or borscht.
- Purified water 1.4 liters
- White cabbage 1/3 of small-headed cabbage
- Celery tubers
- Celery Greens
- Bay leaf 2 pieces
- Put a pot of water on fire. Drop there a couple of bay leaves.
- Chop the cabbage finely and dip into the water while it is still boiling, salt it.
- Following the cabbage, send the chopped celery and greens to the pan in turn.
- Boil vegetables about twenty-five minutes after boiling, then strain the liquid.
Vegetable broth - secrets and useful tips from the best chefs
- Very often in the vegetable broth recipes you can find an ingredient such as leeks. It can be bought in our supermarkets, but this ingredient is more expensive than meat. Replace leek can
- Salt the broth immediately as soon as you put the vegetables in the pan. Why is that? Salt allows you to fully reveal the taste and aroma of vegetables, and since the broth needs to be cooked for a short time, salt it at the end, you will not allow the taste to fully manifest.
- What if you have a lot of broth left? It's a pity to pour, and there is no need, because there is a great alternative. Pour it into ice molds and allow to freeze. Add vegetable ice cubes to soups and borscht. In general, the broth can be stored for about a week in the refrigerator, it will definitely not disappear.
- Try adding pieces of dried vegetables, such as mushrooms or a tomato, to the broth. Vegetable broth will acquire a deeper flavor and pleasant taste.
- What to do with boiled vegetables? They are quite edible, so you can just eat them.
- If you do not have fresh greens, then take dried. Dried parsley or dill will give the broth the same flavor as fresh.