Lavash rolls are becoming increasingly popular. And this is not surprising at all, since they are quite simple in preparation and, along with this, are a wonderful snack for unexpected guests, a nutritious and tasty breakfast for the whole family, a wonderful decoration of any feast and the addition of a summer picnic menu. In addition, today there is a huge number of recipes for making rolls of pita. And we offer one more recipe in your collection - a roll of pita with chicken, cheese, fresh cucumber and greens.
- 400-500 g of chicken fillet;
- 200 g cheese;
- 1 large fresh cucumber (2 small);
- 1 bunch of dill;
- 150 g of mayonnaise;
- 1 laurel leaf;
- ground black pepper;
- 2-3 black peppercorns;
- 230 g (2 leaves of 115 g each) of Armenian lavash.
Method of preparation:
1. First you need to prepare a delicate stuffing for our roll. To do this, wash the chicken fillet well, put it in a small saucepan, pour cold water (so that its level was several centimeters above the meat level) and, slowly heating to boiling water, boil for 30-35 minutes, removing the foam that appears on the surface with a slotted spoon. 10 minutes before readiness add laurel leaf, black peppercorns and salt to broth.
2. Remove the prepared meat from the broth and allow it to cool completely.
3. Cut the chicken and cheese into large pieces and place in a blender bowl.
4. Grind, but not to a state of mashed potatoes.
5. Wash, dry and chop the cucumber into thin strips (the thinner the better).
6. Rinse dill greens, dry thoroughly and chop finely.
7. Put the chicken, cheese, dill and cucumber in a bowl. Pepper, bring to taste with salt and mix well.
8. Divide the filling in half. Lavash sheets smeared with a thin layer of mayonnaise.
9. Lay the filling in an even layer on the sheets of pita, leaving around the edges of 1, 5-2 centimeters free space. This is done so that when minced pita bread is not “popped” out.
10. Form a roll: roll up the pita tightly, giving it a log shape.
11. Gentle, nourishing and very tasty pita bread roll with chicken and brynza is ready. Before serving roll cut with a wide knife with a sharp blade into slices of a thickness of 1, 5-2 centimeters. Thinner cut is not desirable, otherwise the filling will fall out.
- The finished roll can be lightly fried in a pan in butter or vegetable oil. And you can browse it over hot coals by laying it out on the grate.
- The filling for pita bread will be no less tasty if you take Adyghe cheese instead of cheese.