Zucchini and eggplant - one of the most favorite seasonal vegetables. They combine well with each other and with other products. The ideal complement for them are tomatoes, garlic and other vegetables. Zucchini stewed with eggplants, nourishing enough to replace a full meal or dinner, but can also be served as a side dish. The food is prepared quite simply, and during the harvest season it is inexpensive.
Even an inexperienced cook will be able to extinguish zucchini with eggplants. However, without knowing some of the subtleties of a good result can not be obtained.
- For stews, you can use both young and large zucchini and eggplant, but from the mature dish it turns out less pleasant to taste.
- Young zucchini need minimal preparation: it is enough to wash them, blot them with a towel, cut off their tips. Ripe vegetables need to be freed from seeds and coarse rind. The skin of the fruit is removed by a peeler, the seeds are scraped with a spoon, cutting the fruit in half.
- Eggplants contain a harmful substance that gives them bitterness. You can get rid of it by soaking “blue ones” in salted water. The solution is prepared from 1 liter of water and 10 g of salt, keep it peeled or chopped vegetables for 20 minutes. After the fruit is washed thoroughly, so that they are not over-salty.
- Often, zucchini and eggplant stew together with tomatoes, which give the dish a pleasant sourness, making it taste a little more piquant. If you do not want to taste the stew spoiled pieces of tomato skin, tomatoes before adding to the pan must be cleaned. It will be easy to make, if the tomato peel is cut crosswise and lower the fruit for 2 minutes in boiling water.
- The dish will taste better if you pre-fry the vegetables. This will make the food and more satisfying, high-calorie.
- If you do not want the stew to resemble a shapeless mass, do not add too much water when stewing, salt the vegetables shortly before they are ready.
- Fresh greens, seasonings and spices significantly affect the taste of the finished dish. This opens up a lot of room for culinary experiments.
Recipes zucchini stewed with eggplant, there are different. The technology of cooking these dishes can also have differences. Having carefully studied the instructions accompanying a particular recipe, you will avoid mistakes and get the expected result.
Squash stewed with eggplants in sour cream
- zucchini - 0.5 kg;
- eggplants - 0.5 kg;
- carrots - 0, 2 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- flour - 30 g;
- sour cream - 100 ml;
- water - 50 ml;
- vegetable oil - how much will leave;
- salt, spices, fresh dill - to taste.
- Peel the eggplants, cut them into circles about 0, 5-0, 7 cm thick.
- Prepare brine solution by dissolving 2-3 teaspoons of salt in a liter of water. Put the eggplants in it. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Wash squash. If necessary, peel off the skins and seeds. Cut into circles.
- Rinse the eggplants, dry with paper towels.
- Scrape, wash carrots, dry with a napkin. Crush grated.
- Free the onions from the peel, chop finely.
- Pour oil into a deep frying pan, put onions and carrots in it, fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggplants, continue frying for another 5 minutes.
- Put zucchini to other products.
- After 5 minutes, sprinkle the vegetables with flour, salt and spices, mix.
- Mix sour cream with garlic passed through a press and dilute with water. You can add a spoonful of tomato paste.
- Pour the vegetables over the sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes, covering the pan with a lid.
If you come across large eggplants and zucchini, it’s better to cut them for this dish not into circles, but into small cubes.
Squash stewed with eggplants and tomatoes
- zucchini - 0.5 kg;
- eggplants - 0.5 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- tomatoes - 0.5 kg;
- vegetable oil - 50 ml;
- salt, pepper, fresh parsley - to taste.
- Wash, dry vegetables with a napkin.
- Tomatoes boil, peel. Cut seals in the stalk area. Cut the pulp into small pieces of arbitrary shape.
- Eggplants, peeled, cut into 1-1.5 cm cubes. Dip in salted water for 20 minutes, rinse and leave for a while to let the vegetables dry a little.
- Cut squash into the same cubes as eggplants.
- Finely chop the garlic with a knife.
- Clean the bulb. Cut into small pieces.
- At the bottom of a cauldron or saucepan with non-stick coating, pour in the oil, heat it.
- Add onions, fry until golden brown.
- Add the zucchini and eggplants, fry them with onions for 5 minutes.
- Salted, seasoned, add tomatoes and garlic.
- Cover and simmer on low heat until cooked.
When serving at the table, it is advisable to sprinkle with chopped parsley or other greens. This is one of the easiest recipes for braised courgettes with eggplants and tomatoes, it can be considered classic.
Squash stewed with eggplants and other vegetables in a slow cooker
- zucchini - 0.6 kg;
- eggplants - 0, 4 kg;
- tomatoes - 0, 4 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 0, 2 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- vegetable oil - 60 ml;
- salt, pepper, Provencal herbs - to taste.
- Wash vegetables, pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Onion, freeing from the husk, cut into thin half-rings.
- Peel eggplants, cut into cubes, add salt. After 10-15 minutes, rinse well, pat dry.
- Cut the zucchini into small cubes.
- Tomatoes, after pouring boiling water, peel. Cut into small cubes.
- Pepper free from the stem and seeds, cut into quarters rings.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Pour in the bowl of the multicooker, set the “Frying” mode. If your appliance has no such program, you can use the “Baking” function.
- Put the onion, add the eggplants and zucchini in 5 minutes. Cook another 5 minutes without changing the program.
- Pickle and season, sprinkle with Provencal herbs, lay the pepper and tomatoes on top.
- Switch the multicooker to the “Quenching” program and cook 40-60 minutes depending on the power of the unit.
- 10 minutes before readiness add chopped garlic, mix.
A good idea would be to supplement the dish with fresh greens. Suitable parsley, basil, celery. Greens are added together with garlic at the last stage of preparation.
Zucchini stewed with eggplants is a hearty and tasty dish that almost everyone likes. It can be served on a side dish or separately. The technology of preparation may be different, but it cannot be called complex.