Caucasian cuisine gave the world a lot of recipes for tasty and healthy dishes, including adzhapsandal. This kind of vegetable stew, quite spicy, which is prepared according to a special technology with the obligatory use of eggplants and pepper. Recipes are complemented by other products, mainly vegetables, although sometimes meat is included in them. According to traditional technology, ajapsandal is stewed in dishes with thick walls and the same thick bottom, but today you can easily cook ajapsandal in a slow cooker. This cooking method allows you to get a dish with the same rich taste as cooked in a cauldron.
In order for ajapsandal in a multicooker to turn out tasty and appetizing, you need to know a few important points.
- One of the main ingredients that are necessarily included in ajapsandal is eggplants. They contain a lot of useful substances, but there is also harmful - solanine. He gives the "blue" unpleasant bitterness that can spoil the taste of any dish. For this reason, you need to get rid of solanine before laying eggplants in a slow cooker. You can do this with salt. To do this, eggplant is cut and sprinkled with salt, washed after a quarter of an hour. Another option is to soak the eggplants cut into pieces in brine (10 g of salt per 1 liter of water). In this case, you need to wait for 20-30 minutes, after which the vegetables are also washed. This is necessary to remove excess salt, otherwise the dish may be salty.
- Ajapsandal will be tastier if the vegetables in the dish are pre-fry. This can be done in a pan before placing the food in the slow cooker or in the slow cooker itself.
- Ajapsandal is not cooked too long, so that vegetables do not boil soft and do not lose their attractive appearance. In a slow cooker, pre-roasted vegetables are stewed for 20-30 minutes, depending on the capacity of the unit.
- It is recommended to use green pepper for ajapsandal, adding red or orange pepper in a small amount for beauty.
- Ajapsandal is a vegetable dish. When meat is included in its composition, it is important not to overdo it with this ingredient. Usually it is taken at the rate of 200-300 g per 1 kg of vegetables. Otherwise, the meat will dominate the taste of the finished dish, scoring the taste of vegetables.
Ajapsandal is served as an independent dish - even if it is made without meat, it turns out sufficiently nutritious to satiate a person. However, there will be no big trouble if you serve ajapsandal as a side dish to the meat dish.
Ajapsandal in Georgian in a multicooker
- eggplants - 0.5 kg;
- tomatoes - 0, 3 kg;
- sweet pepper - 0, 5 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- hot peppers - 1 pc .;
- cilantro - 20 g;
- dill - 20 g;
- parsley - 20 g;
- vegetable oil - 60 ml;
- salt - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash eggplants and cut them into circles about half a centimeter thick. Put in a bowl, sprinkle with salt, mix and leave for 15 minutes.
- Wash the sweet peppers, cut each in half, after cutting the section with the stem. Remove the seeds. Cut the peppers into semi-rings about 3 mm thick.
- Peel the onions and cut them into halves of rings that are about the same thickness as the pieces of pepper, perhaps a little thinner.
- Wash and shake greens to remove water. Finely chop with a knife.
- Wash hot pepper and cut into thin rings. If you do not like too spicy dishes, then you can not cut the whole pod, and half or even a third of the pod. In this case, the seeds must be removed in any case, otherwise the dish will turn out to be too hot.
- Finely chop the garlic with a knife.
- Rinse the eggplants in running water and pat them dry with a towel.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil into the multicooker bowl. Turn on the device by selecting the “Frying” program. If there is no such program in your model of the multicooker, you can replace it with the “Baking” program or fry vegetables in a pan.
- After a couple of minutes, drop the eggplants in the bowl. Fry them, turning over during frying, for 10 minutes. Remove from the multicooker.
- Add the remaining oil to the multicooker bowl, put onion and pepper in it, fry them for 5 minutes. Remove the vegetables and temporarily turn off the device.
- Blow water in the tomatoes and clean them. Cut the tomato flesh into small cubes.
- Put in a slow cooker with layers of eggplants, onions with pepper, hot peppers and tomatoes. Lower the lid and start the unit in “Quenching” mode for 30 minutes.
- After 20 minutes from the start of operation of the unit, check whether it is necessary to add a little water. Add greens and garlic to vegetables. Stir the contents of the multicooker carefully. Replace the cover and wait for the program to finish.
After the adzhapsandal is ready, it is advisable to leave it for half an hour or even an hour in the heating mode, in which case it will be even tastier, as it has time to brew.
Ajapsandal with meat in the slow cooker
- pork - 0, 5 kg;
- potatoes - 0.5 kg;
- eggplants - 0, 4 kg;
- sweet pepper - 0, 4 kg;
- carrots - 100 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- tomatoes - 0, 4 kg;
- salt, pepper, greens - to taste;
- vegetable oil - 40 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Wash eggplants. Cut them into cubes of about 1 cm. Prepare a saline solution by dissolving a tablespoon of salt in two liters of water. Put the eggplants in it. Leave them for 20-30 minutes. Then rinse and leave in a colander to get water from them.
- Wash meat, pat dry with paper napkins and cut it into small pieces, about the same as eggplants, or even smaller.
- Pepper Wash. Remove the stalks and seeds. Cut into squares of 1 cm or less.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into small cubes.
- Peel the carrots, chop them on a coarse grater.
- Peel the onion and cut it into small pieces.
- Chop the greens.
- On the tomatoes, make cross-shaped cuts. Dip them for 2 minutes in boiling water. Put a slotted spoon in a container with cold water to cool the tomatoes. Clean them up. The flesh is medium cut.
- Pour oil into the multicooker bowl. Put the meat in it. Turn on the unit by selecting the program “Frying” or “Baking”. Fry the pork for 10 minutes.
- Add carrots and onions, continue frying for another 5 minutes.
- Put the eggplants, potatoes, peppers, and tomatoes in the crock-pot. Pepper and salt.
- Change the mode of operation of the multicooker by selecting the “Quenching” program. Set the timer to 40 minutes.
- 20 minutes after the start of the program, add some warm water, add herbs and cook until the program ends.
Ajapsandal with meat is more satisfying than that made from some vegetables. He is able to replace a full lunch or dinner.
Cooking ajapsandal in a multicooker is easier than on the stove In this case, the taste and appearance of the finished dish will not be affected.