Okroshka is considered a summer dish, but the most passionate admirers cook it in summer, in winter, and in autumn. In the heat the best is okroshka on kvass. Cold, with light bubbles and intoxicating sourness, it nourishes and refreshes at the same time.
As for the other ingredients of the dish, there are 4 products that can be considered basic, as they are used most often - sausage or meat, eggs, potatoes, fresh cucumber (for such a composition, by the way, okroshka is sometimes called “Olivier with kvass”). You can add or remove products to this set at your own discretion, except, perhaps, cucumber - without it, the dish will lose its unique recognizable taste.
Kvass is better to use homemade, and if this is not, then you need to choose unsweetened.
- chicken breast - 350 g;
- medium potatoes - 3 pcs .;
- cucumber - 3 pcs .;
- corn - 150 g;
- store brew - 1 l .;
- egg - 2 pcs .;
- freshly ground pepper.
1. In order not to waste time in vain, we send boil potatoes for 15 minutes without peeling. We also put chicken breast on the stove, salt it after boiling. Eggs are brought to readiness last, because this is a quick process. Peel fresh cucumbers.
2. Cut the cucumbers into small cubes.
3. Take a roomy bowl, send them there.
4. Remove the potatoes and the boiled breast from the heat, let them cool. We also cut fairly small cubes, put a handful of canned corn on top.
5. We clean from the shell the boiled and cooled eggs, having poured them to other ingredients.
6. Thoroughly mix everything, but do not rush to fill the contents with kvass. Do this before the distribution to the table, poured into a plate of sliced products.