The main ingredients of the popular Caesar salad are lettuce, hard cheese, wheat crackers and gravy. Chicken, contrary to popular belief, is not included in the list of mandatory components. It can be successfully replaced by other products. Some of them are able to change the taste of snacks beyond recognition, although it remains all the same piquant and harmonious. Salad "Caesar" with salmon is increasingly becoming a festive table decoration. Whatever recipe you prepare for it, guests will not give up this exquisite treat.
Despite the simple recipe, the Caesar salad is not as simple as it may seem at first glance. Not everyone can cook it really tasty and delicious. Knowing a few subtleties will solve the problem in the best way.
- Salad “Caesar” can be made from smoked, salted, boiled or grilled salmon. The taste and appearance of the finished snack will fundamentally depend on the method of preparation of this product.
- Salmon contains significant amounts of protein and salt. Caesar salad dressing is also often prepared with the addition of eggs, in which the protein component occupies a significant place. However, some recipes for snacks suggest the inclusion of boiled eggs. If you want to ease the load on your body, especially on the kidneys, boiled eggs in a salad with salmon can not be put, even if the use of this product is provided by the recipe.
- To make the salad leaves crisp, they are pre-soaked in ice water. In her green enough to hold for 30-60 minutes. The most juicy and crunchy leaves have salads varieties “Romain” and “iceberg”. They can be replaced by the upper parts of the leaves of Beijing cabbage.
- There are several recipes for making Caesar salad dressing. If the same snack is poured with different dressings, the taste will not remain unchanged.
It is better to make the croutons with which the salad is sprinkled. Then they will be tender, fragrant, with a crisp crust, but soft inside. Having decided to use store rusks for salad, give preference to those whose taste is the least intrusive. Croutons with salmon flavor will be the most successful choice.
Classic Caesar Salad Recipe with Salmon
- salted salmon - 0, 4 kg;
- romen salad - 0, 2 kg;
- wheat bread - 0, 2 kg;
- hard cheese - 60 g;
- cherry tomatoes - 100 g;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- Worcestershire sauce - 2 ml;
- lemon - 0, 5 pcs .;
- olive oil - 80 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Crush the garlic with a hand press. Squeeze the juice out of half a lemon. Combine these ingredients with a Worcester sauce.
- Boil the water. Dip carefully washed eggs into it. Cook them for exactly 40 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, cool slightly and break into the bowl of the blender.
- Add a mixture of hot sauce, lemon juice and garlic to the eggs, whisk.
- Add a tablespoon of butter and whipping, prepare the sauce for dressing the salad. Temporarily put it away.
- Cut off crusts from bread. Cut the flesh into small cubes. Spread them on a baking sheet, sprinkle with oil. Place the baking sheet in the oven preheated to 180–200 degrees, fry them until lightly browned. Remove from the oven, allow the crackers to cool.
- Wash lettuce leaves, put in a container with ice water. Leave for half an hour. Blot with a napkin, tear hands into pieces of medium size.
- In a bowl with salad leaves, add half of the prepared dressing, mix, put on the dish.
- Make sure there are no bones left in the salmon fillet. Cut it into cubes the same size as crackers. Spread on lettuce leaves.
- In between the cubes of salmon, lay out the croutons.
- Wash tomatoes, dry with a towel, cut in half. Spread around the perimeter.
- Pour over the remaining sauce.
- Chop grated cheese, sprinkle cheese on the salad and serve to the table.
It is not worthwhile to collect the salad long before the time of the supposed feast: the croutons will be sodden, which will ruin the taste of the whole dish.
Caesar salad with grilled salmon
- salmon fillet - 0, 4 kg;
- leaf lettuce - 0, 2 kg;
- hard cheese - 80 g;
- crackers - 100 g;
- unsweetened yogurt - 100 ml;
- lemon juice - 15 ml;
- Dijon mustard - 20 ml;
- olives - 100 g;
- salt, spices for fish - to taste;
- olive oil - how much will leave.
Method of preparation:
- Salmon fillet, cut the fillet into small slices, sprinkle with lemon juice and olive oil. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Tear the salad.
- Slice the olives.
- Coarsely grate the cheese.
- Mix yogurt, lemon juice and mustard, whisk together.
- Fry the salmon on a grill or in a greased pan if your cooker does not have the appropriate function. The fish is ready as soon as it ceases to appear translucent. Do not overcook it, because it can cause it to become dry. When the salmon is reddened, it can be salted.
- Put the salmon on the dish. Let it cool.
- Put the salad leaves on a large plate, pour the sauce.
- Put the olives and croutons, again pour the sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese, spread the salmon on top, pour the remaining sauce on it.
The dish prepared according to this recipe has a unique taste, delicate and savory at the same time. This light salad will surely suit ladies.
Simple Caesar Salad Recipe with Salmon (Homemade)
- Beijing cabbage (only the upper part of the leaves) - 100 g;
- tomatoes - 0, 2 kg;
- salted salmon - 0, 2 kg;
- hard cheese - 100 g;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- crackers - 40-50 g;
- mayonnaise - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Cut the salmon into small cubes.
- Cut the tomatoes into medium sized cubes.
- Peking cabbage chop with a knife.
- Cut the cheese in the same pieces as salmon.
- Put Chinese cabbage leaves on a dish.
- The remaining ingredients, with the exception of crackers, mix and put a slide.
- Pour sauce made from mayonnaise and skipped through a garlic press. Sprinkle with croutons.
If you do not use mayonnaise, you can fill the salad with Greek yogurt mixed with a small amount of mustard and lemon juice - it will be equally tasty.
How to decorate a salad
Breaking your head over how to decorate a Caesar salad is not necessary: the main principle of its design is laid in the recipe itself. Lettuce leaves are laid out on a beautiful dish, other products are put on them, which are poured over with sauce, then the salad is sprinkled with cheese and crackers. If done correctly, the appetizer will look bright and fresh. However, many housewives want to conquer the guests not only culinary skill, but also artistic taste, decorating dishes in a special way. They can offer several non-trivial design options for Caesar salad with salmon.
- When collecting the salad, do not put all the slices of salmon in it, leave some of the croutons for decoration. Shape a prepared dish and only then pour the sauce. Place slices of salmon on a salad, put croutons between them, stick a sprig of dill or parsley on top.
- Cut the salmon into thin slices, overlap them, roll them up and give the resulting design a flower shape. Use to decorate the salad.
- Decorate the salad with flowers from eggs or tomatoes, spreading them around the perimeter of the dish or topping a small snack gathered in a large “bud”.
Gourmet snacks are fashionable to serve portions in creamer or wine glasses. Caesar salad with salmon will look beautiful in a martini glass or ice cream sundae.
Caesar salad will decorate the festive table, no matter what recipe it is made. The process of cooking snacks has its own specifics, but is not difficult. Even an inexperienced cook will be able to please the guests.