Juicy, mouth-watering plum slices in amber sugar syrup, fragrant with oriental hints of cinnamon - how can something be better?
This amazing recipe for jam from cinnamon plums is sure to appeal to both big and little lovers of sweets and desserts. Do not hesitate for a second and prepare this unforgettable jam. You will be surprised how ordinary spices can transform a banal dish, make it so rich and unusual!
Ingredients for making jam:
- plum - 1 kg;
- granulated sugar - 1 kg;
- ground cinnamon - 1 tsp.
Stages of making jam
1. For winter procurement of such jam, we take only the most ripe plum, without flaws and any damage. Rinse in cool running water, dry with a paper towel and cut in half, removing the stone and the stem.
2. Prepared halves of the plums are filled with the amount of granulated sugar required by the recipe.
3. Leave the plum in sugar in a cold place for 4 hours to let the fruit juice.
4. Time has done its job. Now proceed to the cooking of the winter dessert.
5. Boil the jam on a slow fire in two sets. The first time we hold on the stove for 15 minutes, then cool at room temperature and put in the fridge for 12 hours.
6. Add cinnamon powder to chilled plum jam.
7. Put the jam on the stove a second time and cook on low heat for 20 minutes. In order not to hurt the fruit, gently stir it from time to time.
8. When the syrup thickens, it's time to pour the hot jam into previously prepared sterilized glass containers and tightly close with metal lids. Such a wonderful dessert is perfectly stored at room temperature until the next plum season.
Cinnamon Plum Jam is Done!
It would be nice to enjoy such an amazingly fragrant plum delicacy on cold, frosty days, recalling the hot summer over a cup of tea.