The most affordable sauce is ketchup, which can be purchased at any store at a very economical price. For this reason, tomato sauce is used in almost every family, without even thinking about the fact that there are many seasonings that are in harmony with meat dishes as well, and sometimes even better than ketchup. Plum sauce to meat is suitable not worse than tomato, and many gourmets prefer to eat meat dishes with him. True, to prepare such a sauce is most often necessary. It is inexpensive during the harvest season, and if you are a lover of plum sauce, you can prepare it for the future in any quantity: cooked according to all the rules, it is well worth it and suits all dishes, especially meat.
Great culinary experience in order to prepare a delicious plum sauce for serving to meat or for the winter, the hostess is not required. However, it does not hurt to know some of the features of cooking plum sauce.
- Ripe, but not over-ripe plums are more suitable for the sauce. Do not pick unripe fruits or use overripe - in either case the taste of the sauce will not be good enough. And if you can find recipes that allow you to still make a good sauce from green plums, the caddy certainly can not be used.
- The most time-consuming work in the process of preparing a plum sauce is peeling fruit. To do this, the plum, already washed and dried, is cut in a circle, disconnected into 2 halves, then the bone is removed. If the sauce is prepared in a small amount, then it will take a little drain and any housewife will be able to clean them quickly, but for the preparation of plum sauce for the winter in a significant amount will take time, patience and skill.
- In order for the plum sauce to acquire a uniform consistency, you will need to use kitchen equipment: grind the prepared sauce with a blender, boil it again and then cool it to serve, or heat it up in sterilized jars to prepare the product for the winter.
- For a long time, the sauce can be stored only if it has been subjected to heat treatment of the required length, spilled on sterilized jars, which are sealed tightly. Storage conditions are usually indicated in the recipe. As a rule, the sauce, in the preparation of which sugar, salt and vinegar are not sufficiently used, is stored in the refrigerator, but if the proper amount of the above-mentioned natural preservatives is included, the plum sauce can be stored at room temperature.
Tkemali sauce is usually served cold to the meat. However, if you wish, you can add it to the dishes during their preparation.
Classic Plum Sauce Recipe
Composition (1 l):
- plums - 1 kg (the weight of the fruit that has already been stalked is indicated);
- garlic - 1, 5-2 heads;
- hot peppers - 1 pc .;
- dried basil - 5 g;
- ground cardamom - 5 g;
- coriander - 10 g;
- sweet mustard (ground into powder) - 5 g;
- a mixture of ground peppers - 5 g;
- carnation - 2 pcs .;
- dried ginger (optional) - a pinch;
- sugar - 160-180 g (depending on how sweet the plums are);
- fresh coriander - 50 g;
- salt - 10 g.
Method of preparation:
- Wash with soda, sterilize glass jars or bottles with a total capacity of 1 l. If using bottles, prepare the funnel, wash it thoroughly and boil it for 5 minutes, at least pour the funnel before using it. Boil together with a funnel or separately metal lids, allowing you to close the cans and bottles tightly.
- Pick, rinse the plums. Dip them for 15 minutes in boiling water, remove with a slotted spoon. Clean the skin: after the manipulation, it is easily removed. The skin of the plums can, of course, be left, but in this case the sauce will not have such a soft and smooth consistency, which is characteristic of the classic plum sauce.
- Cut the fruit in half and remove the bones from it.
- Plum pulp crush blender.
- Put the plum puree in an enamel basin or a large bowl, put it on the stove and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes. It is necessary to cook on low heat, otherwise mashed potatoes may start to burn.
- Peel the garlic. Remove seeds from pepper. Wear gloves, as these products can burn the skin, especially if they are processed in large quantities.
- Grind garlic with a special device. Pepper or very finely cut with a knife, or chop through a blender.
- Add salt and sugar. Continuing to cook the sauce for another 10 minutes, achieve their complete dissolution.
- Enter the finely chopped greens of cilantro into the sauce, the pepper, garlic passed through a special press, and dry spices. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the prepared containers, close tightly with boiled caps.
- Turn the jars upside down (bottles can not be turned over). Wrap a blanket and leave to cool. Keep in a cool place.
If you cook the sauce in a small amount and plan to eat it within a week, the cooking time can be reduced by 2-3 times. In this case, the sauce will be as tasty and more useful.
Simple recipe for plum meat sauce
- plum - 1 kg;
- brown sugar - 25 g (or 20 g of ordinary beetroot);
- hops-suneli - 10 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- water - 20 ml;
- salt - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Plums wash well, dry with paper towels. Cut in a circle, break, remove the bones. Pulp puriruyte using a blender.
- Plum puree mixed with sugar and garlic passed through a press, add seasoning, salt, a little water.
- Put on a low fire and boil, stirring, until the sauce has a brownish tint.
The sauce prepared according to this recipe is not intended for long storage. You can put it in the fridge and serve it to the meat during the week. If you do not have time to eat the sauce for the specified time, it is better to throw it away, otherwise it will still become too sour and tasteless.
Plum sauce with apples for the winter
Composition (5 l):
- plums (peeled) - 1, 5 kg;
- tomatoes - 3 kg;
- onions - 0, 3 kg;
- apples - 1 kg;
- sugar - 0, 2 kg;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 50 ml;
- salt - 20 g;
- black ground pepper - 5 g;
- ground cinnamon - 2-3 g;
- red ground pepper - 2 g.
Method of preparation:
- Wash and dry the plums. Remove bones from them. Pulp chop with a blender.
- Wash the apples, peel them and cut the core. Cut into large chunks. Turn into mashed potatoes.
- Dip the tomatoes with boiling water, peel, cut into small cubes, fold into a saucepan with a thick bottom.
- Stir in the plum and applesauce, mix with the sugar. Transfer to the pan with the tomatoes.
- Peel onions, chop with a blender, put to the rest of the ingredients.
- Put the pan on a slow fire. Cook the fruits and vegetables for 2 hours, stirring them more often.
- 10 minutes before the readiness, add salt, spices, vinegar, mix.
- Spread the sauce over small sterilized jars, roll them up or seal them tightly with screw caps.
- Turn over, wrap a blanket.
After cooling, the sauce can be put away in the pantry, as it is well worth it even at room temperature.
Plum sauce, cooked according to any of the above recipes, will be an excellent addition to meat. It is especially well combined with lamb, pork, poultry.