Rabbit meat is meat that, when properly cooked, can be called dietary, since there is practically no fat in it and it is easily absorbed by the body. Therefore, it is often on the table for those who lead a healthy lifestyle and eats extremely healthy food.
Rabbit meat is used for cooking first and second courses: it is boiled, stewed, fried, baked. Baked rabbit turns out very tasty.
Subtleties cooking rabbit, baked in the oven
- The rabbit is not made to bake whole. The thing is that the different parts of the rabbit differ in nutritional and culinary properties. The front part of the carcass has more connective tissue, it takes longer to prepare, so it is suitable for cooking or long-term extinguishing. The back of the carcass is often fried or baked, since the meat of the legs (legs) quickly becomes soft.
- To get rid of the specific smell that rabbit has, meat is usually marinated before heat treatment. For the marinade, you can use vinegar, white wine, sour cream, kefir, even plain water, slightly acidified with citric acid or lemon juice.
- It is advisable to soak a carved rabbit carcass for three hours in cold water, so that excess blood is released and the rabbit smell disappears.
- Then the carcass is cut in half by the last lumbar vertebra. The front part is laid aside, and the back is cut into two legs, each of which can still be divided in half by joints. Here they are often baked.
- Rabbit meat, although white, is not as juicy as that of chicken, so it is often cooked in foil or sleeve to preserve meat juice.
- Rabbit can be baked with potatoes, carrots, onions, tomatoes, cabbage, zucchini and other vegetables.
- To add flavor to rabbit, they scrape them with garlic and carrots. And to make the meat a little fatter, instead of garlic, use pieces of bacon or bacon.
- For flavoring rabbit meat, a classic set of spices is used: pepper, bay leaf, dill, cumin, parsley root, garlic.
- For the marinade, you can take any spices and spices, focusing on your taste, or prepare the marinade according to the already known recipe. To do this, take 10 g of salt and sugar, a little onion, parsley, celery and carrots, 2 bay leaves, 5 peppercorns. Combine these spices with two liters of 2 percent vinegar. Boil for 15 minutes. After cooling, the marinade is ready for further use.
- The roasting time of a rabbit depends on the age of the carcass, the size of the pieces, the duration of pickling. The young rabbit will be ready in forty minutes. Meat of an old rabbit needs to be baked 1-1, 5 hours.
And now - a selection of recipes.
Oven Baked Rabbit: Lard Spat
- rabbit meat (rear legs) - 500 g;
- bacon or pork belly - 50 g;
- sour cream - 50 g;
- butter - 30 g;
- Wash meat. If there is a smell, marinate for 2 hours in a weak solution of vinegar with the addition of herbs. Pat dry with a towel. If the rabbit is young, it is enough to rub it with salt.
- In the pulp make deep punctures, put into them pieces of bacon or brisket.
- Brush with sour cream.
- Place on a heavy-greased baking tray. Put in preheated to 200 ° C oven, bake about an hour. To keep the meat dry, periodically water it with the released juice.
Rabbit baked in the oven with potatoes
- rabbit fillet - 500 g;
- ghee - 30 g;
- onions - 70 g;
- boiled potatoes - 400 g;
- tomato paste - 10 g;
- pinch sugar;
- cheese - 80 g;
- ground crackers - 20 g.
- Cut the rabbit fillet into small pieces, fry lightly in melted butter. Transfer to a greased form.
- In the remaining oil, save finely chopped onion, add tomato paste, salt, sugar, pepper. Stir. Dilute with a little hot water to make a medium-thick sauce. Pour it over the meat.
- Cut boiled potatoes into slices, place on meat.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese mixed with ground breadcrumbs. Sprinkle with melted butter.
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C.
- Bake for 20 minutes (until golden brown on the cheese).
Rabbit baked in the oven with potatoes and mushrooms
- rabbit - 600 g;
- potatoes - 400 g;
- champignons - 200 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- carrots - 70 g;
- butter melted - 60 g;
- liquid sour cream - 200 g;
- marjoram - pinch;
- rosemary - pinch (optional).
- Rabbit wash, dry. Fry it in butter on all sides until golden brown. Put on a plate.
- Cut onion into half rings, potatoes and carrots into slices, and mushrooms into thin slices.
- In the pan, where you first cooked the meat, fry the potatoes, then put the onions and carrots in there and lastly the mushrooms. All vegetables fry until half cooked separately. Put them in a form with high sides, pre-lubricated. Pour some water so that it only covers the bottom of the mold.
- Place the fried pieces of rabbit meat on the vegetables. Sprinkle with rosemary and marjoram.
- In a bowl, mix the sour cream with salt and pepper. Fill it with meat and vegetables.
- Put in the oven, preheated to 190 ° C. Bake for 1 hour.
Rabbit baked in the oven in wine
- rabbit - 600 g;
- onions - 120 g;
- canned tomatoes - 450 g;
- red wine - 200 ml;
- dried oregano - to taste;
- butter - 50 g;
- flour - 30 g;
- Cut the prepared rabbit into portions. Rub with salt and pepper, roll in flour, fry on high heat from all sides until golden brown. Take a frying pan such that you can then put in the oven.
- Cut the onion into half rings, put it on the rabbit. Sprinkle with spices. Pour in the wine, warm it over high heat until the liquid is half evaporated. Turn off the fire.
- Peel tomatoes and mash slightly. Cover them with meat.
- Place in an oven heated to 190 ° C. Bake for about an hour.
Rabbit baked in the oven with apples
- rabbit - 600 g;
- apples - 300 g;
- lemon juice - 30 ml;
- honey - 20 g;
- soy sauce - 5 g;
- seasoning for meat - 5 g;
- sunflower oil - 40 g.
- Wash the rabbit, pat dry with a towel. Cut into convenient portions.
- In a cup, mix soy sauce, lemon juice, butter (leave a little to lubricate the form), honey, seasoning for meat and a little salt. Coat the meat with this marinade, refrigerate for a few hours.
- Put the rabbit in a greased form. Around him lay apples, cut into wide slices.
- Place in a well-heated oven and bake for one hour.
Rabbit baked in the oven with vegetables in foil
- rabbit - 600 g;
- onions - 200 g;
- carrots - 100 g;
- olive oil - 20 g;
- any marinade - 500 ml;
- cheese - 80 g;
- seasoning for a rabbit or chicken - 5 g.
- Rabbit divided into four portion pieces. Dip in marinade, leave in it for the night. The next day, remove, let the fluid drain.
- Chop onions and carrots into strips. Stir in a little salt.
- Lay vegetables on a piece of foil. Put one portion of meat on them. Sprinkle it with seasoning, drizzle with oil. Wrap the foil in the form of an envelope.
- Place the sealed rabbit on a baking sheet. Send to an oven heated to 190 degrees for 40 minutes. Then open the foil, sprinkle the rabbit with grated cheese. Bake another 20 minutes. Serve in foil or put each portion on a separate plate.
Council. Rabbit on this recipe can be prepared in the sleeve for baking. To do this, first put the vegetables in the sleeve, put them marinated pieces of rabbit. Sprinkle with seasoning, tie the sleeve well. Bake in the oven and bake for about an hour. Cheese in this case do not add.
Mistress of the note
To prevent the rabbit meat from drying during baking, place a container of water on the lower tier of the oven. Thanks to a couple of meat will remain juicy.
The meat of an old rabbit will be softer if it is smeared with a thin layer of mustard before baking it.
Ensure that there is enough liquid on the pan during baking. Thanks to her, the meat does not burn, it will remain soft and juicy.
Baked rabbit meat can be served as an independent snack or with any side dish.