Some consider meat to be a harmful product and therefore try to eat it as little as possible. In part, this is so if you prepare food from fatty meat and consume it in large quantities.
Therefore, you should pay attention to the rabbit meat - meat, which is considered dietary.
In rabbit's little fat, but it is rich in proteins, which are absorbed almost completely. Also in rabbit meat there are few extractive substances and harmful cholesterol.
Rabbit has a lot of potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and vitamin PP, thanks to which the brain functions normally, which has a positive effect on the general mental state.
Different dishes are made from rabbit meat. It is fried, boiled, stewed, baked, smoked. To enhance the beneficial properties of rabbit, it is recommended to cook with vegetables. They are rich in fiber, which helps to better digest food.
Rabbit stewed with vegetables: cooking details
- When going to extinguish rabbit meat, you need to remember that the front and rear parts of the carcass require different heat treatment. In the meat of the anterior part, which ends at the level of the last lumbar vertebra, there is more connective tissue. Therefore, this meat is tougher and cooks it longer. It is usually not fried, but left to boil or extinguish.
- The rabbit has a specific smell. To get rid of it, the meat is soaked in cold water or pickled. Marinade is prepared from table vinegar diluted with water, into which chopped onion, pepper, bay leaf, greens are put, and then boiled for several minutes. In this marinade stand pieces of rabbit for several hours. The aging time depends on the age of the carcass: the older the rabbit, the longer it should be in the marinade.
- It is advisable to extinguish the rabbit meat. It is tender, odorless, quickly prepared. It can not pickle, and immediately subjected to heat treatment.
- Rabbit has a rather dry meat. But if, when extinguishing it, you do not pour it with water, but with wine, then it will turn out juicy and very soft.
- Rabbits are stewed on a stove (in a saucepan, cauldron, in a pot), and also in an oven. To keep rabbit meat in the oven dry, it is recommended to stew it in a closed form, placing it in a pot or wrapping it in foil.
- A rabbit can be extinguished with any vegetables, but it is best combined with onions, carrots, and greens.
- Often a rabbit is stewed with potatoes, but it turns out to be a rather high-calorie meal. If you can not give up the potato, you need to add to it more greens and onions.
Rabbit stewed with vegetables and spicy herbs
- rabbit - 0, 5 kg;
- red carrots - 2 pcs .;
- large onion - 2 pcs .;
- butter melted - 1 tbsp. l .;
- sour cream - 2 tbsp. l .;
- tomato paste - 1 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 1/3 tsp;
- salt - to taste;
- thyme and oregano (dry) - on a pinch;
- ground black pepper - a pinch;
- Chop the rabbit into portions, fold into a bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and mix. Refrigerate for 2 hours to marinate meat.
- Clean onions from peels, wash them. Cut in half, then cut each half in two more pieces. Chop the straw.
- Peel carrots, wash. Cut lengthwise into two pieces, each cut across into thin slices.
- Take the rabbit out of the fridge. In a deep saucepan, place the butter, melt. Fry the meat on it until golden brown. Take out the meat on a plate, and on the remaining oil save onions. Then add carrots and lightly fry.
- Put some of the vegetables out of the saucepan. Place the rabbit on the remaining vegetables. Cover with onions and carrots, which are laid out at the beginning.
- In any container, mix tomato paste, sour cream, salt, sugar, spices. Add a glass of water, mix well.
- Fill this rabbit sauce with vegetables. The sauce should cover the contents of the saucepan completely. If there is not enough liquid, add some more hot water.
- On moderate heat, bring the meat to a boil, then reduce the fire to minimum. Simmer under the lid for about 1-1,5 hours.
- Put the finished rabbit with vegetables on the dish, sprinkle with fresh herbs.
Rabbit stewed with vegetables in wine
- rabbit - 0, 5 kg;
- onions - 2 pcs .;
- fresh tomatoes - 5 pcs .;
- semi-dry red wine - 300 ml;
- salt - to taste;
- ground black pepper - 1/5 tsp;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- bay leaf - 2 pcs .;
- spicy herbs (basil, oregano, marjoram, thyme) - to taste;
- olive or sunflower oil - 2 tbsp. l
- Wash the rabbit carcass, divide it into pieces of 50-100 g. Since the meat will be stewed in wine, it will not be marinated beforehand. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper, leave for 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare the vegetables. Wash tomatoes, put in a deep bowl, pour boiling water. After 2 minutes, rinse the tomatoes with cold water, remove the skin. Cut the tomatoes into cubes.
- Peel onions, rinse with cold water, cut into half rings.
- Wash peeled carrots, cut them in half lengthwise and cut them into thin slices.
- Pour one spoonful of oil into a saucepan, heat it up. Put onions and fry until yellowish. Add carrots, mix, warm well.
- In another pan, heat the remaining butter, put the rabbit pieces and fry them over a high heat until golden brown.
- Transfer the meat to a saucepan with vegetables. Pour wine, put spices and herbs. On moderate heat, bring the meat with vegetables to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover the saucepan with a lid and simmer for barely noticeable boiling for about an hour. When steaming the wine, add hot water.
- Serve ready-made rabbit with vegetables with any side dish or as a separate dish, sprinkled with fresh herbs.
Rabbit stewed with vegetables in a pot in the oven
- rabbit - 0, 5 kg;
- medium sized carrots - 1 pc .;
- medium onion - 1 pc .;
- Bulgarian red pepper - 1 pc .;
- potatoes - 3 pcs .;
- salt - to taste;
- ground black pepper - 1/3 tsp;
- sunflower oil - 2 tbsp. l .;
- bay leaf - 1 pc. in each pot;
- white wine - 1 tbsp .;
- cream - 0, 5 l.
- Cut the carcass of the treated rabbit into portions, fold into a bowl. Pour wine, a little diluted with water. Leave for 2 hours. If you are an opponent of alcoholic beverages, replace the wine with water and vinegar. To do this in 500 ml of water dilute 1-2 tbsp. l vinegar and in this marinade hold the meat.
- Peel the onion, rinse with water, cut into half rings or straws.
- Peel carrots, wash, cut into slices.
- Pepper wash, remove seeds, cut into squares.
- Peel the potatoes, wash them, cut them into four pieces, and then cut them into very thin slices.
- Cook the ceramic pots. If you have not used them for a long time, wash them, pour water into them and leave for one hour. Then pour the water and proceed to the next stage.
- Remove the meat from the marinade, blot it with a paper towel. Heat oil in a pan, fry pieces of meat on it until golden brown. Put them in pots.
- In the remaining oil, lightly fry the onions and carrots. Mix them with bell peppers and potatoes. Add salt and black pepper, mix again. Put this vegetable mixture in pots on top of the meat. Put one bay leaf in each pot.
- Fill the contents of the pots with cream. You can add some hot water. Loosely close the covers.
- Put the pots in a weakly heated oven, increase the heat to 180 ° and simmer for 1 hour. When the liquid boils away, add hot water. If this is not done, the potato may remain half-baked and tough.
- Serve the rabbit stewed with vegetables right in the pots or place on a plate. Sprinkle with finely chopped greens.
Mistress to note
Instead of marinating in wine or vinegar, rabbit can be soaked in water, to which citric acid or lemon juice is added.
To make the rabbit dish less fatty, lay all the vegetables raw, instead of cream, use plain water.
Do not get carried away with spices. They should only spice up the meat, but not interrupt its natural flavor.