Traditional recipes for jam from any fruit include prolonged cooking of chopped fruits. These blanks are well stored and have a pleasant taste, but the nutrients in them almost does not remain. In modern housewives, popular recipes that do not require prolonged boiling of fruit mass. They went into cooking called “Five minutes”. Pear jam “Pyatiminutka” is obtained not only tasty and healthy. It looks seductive due to the presence in it of even pieces of fruit floating in a transparent syrup. Another advantage of such desserts is the simplicity of their preparation.
Making jam from pears “Five minutes” is not a long and complicated process. Even a beginner cook who has no experience in home canning will cope with this. Knowing a few moments will make it easier.
- For the preparation of “Five minutes” jam, ripe but not overripe pears are suitable, soft, but not having visible damage, wormholes, rot.
- Before cooking jam, pears are washed, dried with a towel, sprigs are removed, seed boxes are cut out. To clean the pears, the hostess can decide on her own. From the peeled fruits, the jam is more tender, but the process of peeling takes a lot of time.
- It is possible to cut pears for making jam into cubes about 1 cm in size or slightly smaller, or slices from 0, 5 to 1, 5 cm thick. The choice of slicing depends on the recipe and the preferences of the chef. The larger the pieces, the more time it takes to prepare the jam.
- Recipes from “Five minutes” pears make it possible not to boil the dessert for more than 5 minutes in a row, but sometimes it is brewed in several stages with breaks for cooling the fruit mass, so that the total boiling time can reach 10-15 minutes.
- If jars of jam are wrapped up and left to cool in a steam bath, additional sterilization will occur, which will have a positive effect on the preservation of the delicacy.
- You should not use aluminum cookware for cooking pear jam. Aluminum on contact with acids forms harmful substances.
- Jars for jam must not only be washed well, but also sterilized. The lids are also sterilized by boiling. For storage in the refrigerator, you can use plastic covers. If banks with a dessert will be in the room, they can be closed only with metal lids, ensuring tightness.
The storage conditions of five-minute pear jam depend on the recipe by which it was cooked. Usually, dessert is allowed to be stored in a cool room for up to a year. After opening it is cleaned in the refrigerator, where it will not deteriorate within a month.
“Five minutes” jam from pears, diced
The composition (1, 75 liters):
- pears (peeled) - 1 kg;
- sugar - 1 kg;
- water - 0, 25 l;
- lemon - 0, 5 pcs.
- Wash pears, dry with a napkin. Peel, cut out seed boxes.
- Dice the pear flesh into cubes about 1 cm.
- Sprinkle pears with juice squeezed from half a lemon.
- Pour water into the enamel basin, boil it.
- Gradually add sugar and stir until it is completely dissolved, boil the syrup. Boil it for 5 minutes.
- Put the pears into the syrup. Leave for 2-3 hours.
- Return the basin to the stove, heat its contents to a low heat until boiling.
- Increase fire. Boil the pears on high heat, removing the froth protruding on the surface for 5 minutes.
- Sterilize the jars, fill them with pear jam.
- Roll up pre-boiled lids.
After the jars have cooled, they can be moved to an unheated pantry or basement where the dessert will not spoil for a year.
“Five minutes” jam from pears, cut into slices
The composition (1, 5 l):
- pears - 1 kg;
- sugar - 1 kg.
- Pears, washed and dried, cut into 4 parts, cut out the areas with seeds. Cut the flesh into thin slices.
- Put pear slices in a bowl, add sugar, shake.
- Store the container of pears for 5-6 hours in a cool place. During this time, they will give a lot of juice, in which sugar is almost completely dissolved.
- Place the basin on the stove. Over low heat bring the pear mixture to a boil, cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool, bring to a boil again and cook for 5 minutes.
- If you want the jam to be thicker, you can boil it again after a 3-hour break.
- Spread the jam over the sterilized jars, roll them up.
The jam made according to this recipe looks very appetizing. Keep it in a cool place, it will not deteriorate at temperatures up to 18 degrees.
“Five minutes” pear jam with honey and lemon
Composition (1 l):
- pears - 1 kg;
- sugar - 0, 25 kg;
- honey - 50 ml;
- lemon juice - 25 ml;
- vanilla sugar - 25 g.
- In pears, remove the core, cut off the peel. Cut the fruit into slices about 2 mm thick.
- Pour sugar, mix, put in a cool place for the night.
- Add honey, melted to a liquid state, vanilla sugar and lemon juice, mix.
- On medium heat, bring to a boil, cook for 5 minutes.
- Distribute to prepared banks, close them tightly.
After cooling jars of jam should be removed in the refrigerator. If you keep it in the cold, it will not deteriorate within six months.
Pear jam “Pyatiminutka” is prepared relatively quickly and without much effort. The dessert turns out tasty and useful, it can be stored for a long time in a cool room.