Such dishes as peach jam or confiture, many cooks bypass the side, preferring to make jam from this soft and tender fruit. Meanwhile, with careful handling of the fruits, you can cook the peaches so that the pieces remain whole.
The light lemon scent emphasizes the impeccable and unforgettable taste of the peach in the billet, and the confiture will be a favorite treat of many.
Ingredients for confiture:
- peaches - 1 kg;
- granulated sugar - 1 kg;
- lemon - half fruit;
- purified water - 200 ml.
Stages of cooking confiture
1. First of all, we will select the fruits. The size needs a small, ripe fruit and dense.
2. Pour sugar into an enamel container and pour a glass of water. Cook the syrup to dissolve the sugar. After that, add the juice of half a lemon, and continue to cook. When the syrup starts to caramelize and darken, turn off the gas.
3. While the cooked syrup is cooling, chop the washed peaches into slices.
4. Fold the slices on a flat surface, they should dry out a little.
5. When the syrup has cooled to 40-50 degrees, pour the slices into it and leave at room temperature.
6. In a day the peach is fed with syrup. It is necessary to periodically stir the composition, gently lifting the caramel from the bottom.
7. Put the container on the fire, bring to a boil, stirring gently so as not to damage the peach slices.
8. Letting cool. If skins are separated from the lobules, they can be gently removed.
9. We cover the container with peaches, leaving a small gap, which will provide air access. We leave the future jam for a few more hours.
10. In time, the syrup will reach the required consistency.
11. Put the container on the fire, boil for 20-30 minutes after boiling.
12. We pour and roll in pre-sterilized jars, wrap and leave for a day. Next, the finished product can be hidden for longer storage in a cool place.
The yield of the finished product - a little more than 1 liter. It turned out 3 cans of 350 ml and 200 ml of syrup, which can be used as a top for ice cream.
We do not add additional thickeners; confiture density is provided by caramelized syrup. Thus, we get a product consisting only of natural ingredients.
Peach confiture ready!
Such a dessert would be a wonderful addition to tea or coffee not only on cold winter days. And for any hostess peaches slices will be just a real find as a filling for pies and any other baking.