When it suddenly turns out that there are no fruits in the house, and you really want something fresh, fruit compotes harvested for the winter become a real find.
This drink made of peaches is especially tender and very similar to the juices we buy in the store, because half of their contents are also sugar syrup.
According to this recipe, compote is easy to prepare, since it does not require sterilization, and in 2-3 hours you can close a batch of several dozen cans.
For those who live far from the peach growing areas, the drink will be a little expensive, but still cheaper than the peach juice.
- peaches - 1 kg;
- sugar - 300 g per liter of water;
- clean water.
Peach compote: cooking recipe
1. Prepare the listed products. Especially carefully it is necessary to take into consideration the choice of fruits - peaches should not be over-ripe, it is better to eat such fruits immediately or to put them on jam.
2. Prepare the jar of the desired volume.
3. Peeled peaches are cut into cubes of medium size. Put the peach slices in a jar, filling it about a quarter.
4. Fill the peaches with boiling water up to half a jar and leave to cool completely (about half an hour).
5. Drain the liquid from the jar into the pan and set on fire.
6. Add sugar and boil for about 5 minutes after the liquid boils.
7. Pour boiling syrup back into the banks.
8. We compensate the lack of liquid with simple boiling water.
9. Now we need to prepare the dishes for closing. Cover the appropriate type of boiling water.
10. We roll a can of compote using a special key or a typewriter.
11. To check how well the lid is rolled up, the jar should be turned over and, in this form, placed in a convenient place until it cools, wrapped in a warm blanket.
12. When the compote is cool, you can move it for further storage in the basement or storeroom.