Ramson appears early, almost simultaneously with snowdrops. Being a source of valuable elements and vitamins, it turns out to be one of the most desirable products on the table. Possessing not only useful properties, but also unique organoleptic qualities, it is widely used in cooking. It is used for making salads, side dishes, independent snacks. Tasty, juicy and fragrant turns out garlic in a tomato. There are many recipes for this dish, and some of them even allow you to prepare wild garlic for the future. It is impossible to name the complex technology of cooking these foods, but it still has certain specific features, without knowing which it is impossible to get a perfect result.
Even a novice hostess will be able to put out wild garlic in a tomato sauce for dinner or for preparing it for the winter, if she knows and takes into account several important points.
- Ramson is better to acquire young, even with leaves that are not fully revealed. It contains a maximum of useful substances, especially in the stalks. Ramson, which has large and tough leaves, is also tasty, but it contains much less nutrients.
- By purchasing a ramson from hands, an inexperienced hostess risks instead of a bear bow, as the ramson is popularly called, to bring home lily of the valley leaves, which are not suitable for eating. To avoid trouble, before buying you need to tear off a piece of leaf and grind it. If there is a pronounced garlic smell, you can be sure that you are dealing with wild garlic.
- If you got a hard ramson, it will not hurt to boil it for 2-3 minutes before frying or stewing, but you need to know that boiling a bear's onion will not only make it softer, but also relieve a pronounced garlic smell.
- You can stew wild ramson along with slices of tomatoes, in tomato juice, and even in a sauce of diluted tomato paste. It will affect the taste of the finished dish, but only slightly.
- Snacks from wild garlic and tomatoes will be more if you add other vegetables to them. Onions, carrots, asparagus beans, bell peppers are especially good with wild garlic. The inclusion of the above ingredients in the snack will have a positive effect on her taste.
- If you harvest wild garlic in a tomato for the winter, put it in clean and sterilized jars, closing them tightly. Storage conditions of canned food depend on the specific recipe.
The cooking technology of wild garlic in tomato sauce may differ. To obtain the expected result, it is necessary to follow the instructions accompanying the selected recipe.
Ramson stewed in tomato
- wild garlic stalks - 0, 4 kg;
- tomatoes - 0, 25 kg;
- refined vegetable oil - 20 ml;
- water - 20 ml;
- sugar - 5 g;
- lemon juice - 5 ml;
- salt, black pepper powder - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Ramson ramson under running water, pour with clean water for 10 minutes, rinse again. Cut the leaves from the stalks. The leaves can be used to make a salad, this dish will require only scapes.
- Add oil to the pan. After drying the ramson, put it on the griddle. Add a spoonful of water.
- Place the pan on a slow fire and cook the ramson under the lid for 7-8 minutes, until it changes color, becoming more bright.
- Give the tomatoes with boiling water, peel off the skin, grind on a grater or using a blender to a state of mashed potatoes.
- Fill the wild garlic with the resulting tomato juice. Stew ramson in tomato 10 minutes.
- Add salt, sugar, pepper and lemon juice. Stir.
It remains to cook the ramson on low heat for another 2-3 minutes, and she will be ready to serve to the table.
Ramson with vegetables in tomato sauce
- wild garlic - 0, 3 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- carrots - 100 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- tomato paste - 60 ml;
- water - 0, 4 l;
- garlic powder - pinch;
- salt - 5 g;
- black ground pepper - a pinch.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the ramson, dry with a kitchen towel, cut into pieces of about 3 cm.
- Scrape carrots, wash and blot with a napkin. Grind it grated with large holes.
- Remove the husks from the onion, cut the vegetable into thin half rings or quarters of rings.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. Put onions and carrots in it. Fry them until the onions are golden in color.
- Add the ramson, fry it for 2-3 minutes with the rest of the vegetables.
- Dissolve tomato paste with warm boiled water. Add salt and spices, mix.
- Fill the vegetables with tomato sauce. Simmer them on low heat under a lid for 15 minutes.
The dish prepared according to this recipe can serve as a garnish and as an independent dish. It will be delicious and hot and cold.
Ramsons in tomato for the winter
Composition (for 3 liters):
- wild garlic - 2 kg;
- tomato paste - 0, 25 l;
- refined vegetable oil - 0, 25 l;
- water - 0, 5 l;
- salt - 30 g;
- Acetic essence (70 percent) - 30 ml;
- sugar - 0, 2 kg.
Method of preparation:
- Take the ramson by removing the spoiled petioles and leaves. Rinse thoroughly, towel dry. Cut into chunks of medium size.
- Dissolve tomato paste with water, add oil, salt and sugar to it. Mix thoroughly.
- Bring the marinade to a boil, put the prepared ramson into it. Simmer it in tomato sauce for 30 minutes. 5 minutes before readiness add vinegar essence, mix.
- Sterilize the jars; it is most convenient to use containers of about 0.5 l for this snack. Wash and boil for 10 minutes the metal lids suitable for the cans (for screwing in with a key or screw).
- Spread the hot snack over the prepared jars, then tightly screw them tightly with the lids.
- Turn the jars upside down and wrap a blanket. Leave for 24 hours. Cooling in the conditions of a steam bath, canned food is subjected to additional sterilization, which increases their safety, even if they stand in not very favorable conditions.
After a specified time, jars with billets can be taken out from under the blanket, put the lids up in the pantry or in any other room where you usually keep supplies for the winter. Canned food can be stored at room temperature, although they will feel much better in a cool room. Lecho of wild garlic in a tomato, closed according to the above recipe, will not spoil for at least a year.
Snacks from wild garlic in tomato sauce are tasty, bright and fragrant. They can be cooked for dinner or closed for the winter.