Mititei are small sausages that are cooked in Moldova and Romania. They can be baked in the oven or grilled, or even better - on the grill. After all, traditionally this dish is made on the grate grate - a brazier resembling a grill familiar to us. If you know the recipes of mititas and know how to cook them correctly, you can diversify the home menu and not guess what to cook at a picnic, if the kebab is already tired.
Chopped sausages can be found not only in Moldovan cuisine. But nevertheless mititei have unique taste. For this reason, it is impossible to prepare Moldovan mititeas if you don’t know exactly how they are usually prepared in Moldova or Romania.
- The basis for mitithi is beef or lamb, which are almost always mixed with pork or lard to make the dish juicy. From other types of meat, including poultry, mititei is not accepted.
- Mitites are made from finely chopped minced meat. To obtain it, the meat must be scrolled through the meat grinder twice.
- Minced meat will taste better if you cook it yourself. Best of all, if the stuffing will be at least half of the pulp and about a quarter or even a third - of meat, cut off from the neck or drumstick, where there is a lot of coarse connective tissue, through which the stuffing will turn out more viscous. Purchase of minced meat is unlikely to meet these requirements, and you can hardly be sure of the quality of the ingredients used for its preparation.
- The viscosity of minced meat can be increased by adding starch to it. Meat for stuffing made insist in a cool place during the day, pre-cut into pieces of approximately the same size as for the kebab, that is, 4-5 cm. Thanks to this stuff turns out to be non-watery.
- Ground meat for mitites is not just kneaded, but also beaten off, throwing it on the board. This is done to ensure that the stuffing was dense and well kept its shape.
- Mitites must be small in length - 8-10 cm, their width is usually 2 cm.
- The grill on which mititeys will be fried should be greased with vegetable oil or lard to prevent the sausages from burning.
- If you are frying mititei in the oven, put a baking sheet under the grill, pouring some water into it. First, it will protect your oven from dirt. Secondly, thanks to this the mitithi will turn out more succulent. When frying Moldovan sausages on the grill, they should be sprinkled with clean water more often. The goal is the same - to make sausages juicy.
Mittey is served with hominy, green peas, or braised green beans. Well suited to them fresh vegetable salad. In winter, it can be replaced with pickles.
- beef - 0, 9 kg;
- pork lard - 100 g;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- water - 100 ml;
- celery greens - 50 g;
- salt, black and red pepper - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the meat. Drain it with paper napkins. Remove the film and tendons. Cut the pulp into pieces of 50 g. Put them in a bowl, sprinkle with salt. Cover with a cloth and clean for a day in a cool place. If you do not have significant time or do not want to postpone the preparation of Moldovan sausages the next day, keep the meat in a cool place for at least 2-3 hours.
- Scroll the meat through the meat grinder, then roll the mince itself through it.
- Pass the garlic through a special press. Add it to the mince along with the spices. Put celery finely chopped with a knife.
- Chop the lard with a blender or the same grinder. Put aside a spoonful of chopped bacon, put the rest in a bowl with minced meat and mix.
- Add water and mix everything by hand. Knead the stuffing well, discard it on the cutting board.
- Clean the mince again in a cool place and leave it for 3-4 hours if you are not in too much of a hurry. If necessary, this time can be reduced to one and a half hours.
- Dampen your hands with vegetable oil so that no stuffing sticks to them, form sausages of 8-10 cm long and about 2 cm wide into it. Temporarily place the sausages on the parchment soaked in oil.
- Lubricate the grill lard and shift the mitite to it.
- Fry on the grill or in the oven. If you cook mititei in the oven, preheat it to 200 degrees and bake them in it for half an hour. On the grill, they will fire three times faster.
In order to cook the mitites according to the classic Moldavian recipe, one needs to be patient and follow the technology precisely. If you skip at least one stage or slightly change the technology, the dish may not turn out the way you want it to be. For example, minced meat may not be sufficiently dense and viscous, because of what mititei fall apart and will not look appetizing. But if everything is done correctly, you will be able to be proud of your culinary masterpiece and will long listen to countless compliments from guests and households.
Mititei with sauce of men
- ground beef - 1 kg;
- pork lard - 0, 3 kg;
- meat broth - 0, 4 l;
- soda - 10 g;
- cumin - 20 g;
- thyme, dried basil, salt, pepper - to taste;
- garlic - 1 head;
- fresh parsley - 50 g;
- vegetable oil - how much will leave;
- ground paprika - 5 g;
- walnut kernels - 50 g.
Method of preparation:
- Chop pork lard with a meat grinder or blender, mix it with ground beef.
- Add salt, pepper, dried basil and thyme, cumin. Stir.
- Pour 100 ml of broth to make the sauce. In the rest of the broth vsypte soda, mix.
- Pour the broth into the minced meat in small portions, stir it, and then knead with your hands and beat off the cutting board.
- Place the minced meat for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Break the walnut kernels into small pieces.
- Put garlic and nuts in the mortar. Add salt and paprika to them. All good ceiling.
- Dilute with butter in the amount of two tablespoons and broth. Add the finely chopped parsley, stir. You will get the sauce of the men, which in the Moldavian cuisine is served both to meat and fish dishes. It is believed that it fits particularly well with mitations.
- Remove minced meat from refrigerator. Make small sausages out of it. If desired, you can use the appropriate function of the grinder, but it is not necessary.
- Smear the grill pan with vegetable oil and heat it. Put sausages in a frying pan and brown them on all sides over medium heat. It takes you 2-3 minutes.
- Put mitities on a baking sheet greased with butter, and send for 20 minutes to an oven heated to 200 degrees.
Serve hot and hot with the sauce of the men.
Mitity at Home
- pork - 0, 5 kg;
- beef - 0, 5 kg;
- milk - 0, 2 l;
- potato starch - 40 g;
- onions - 150 g;
- garlic - 7 cloves;
- black pepper peas - 10 pcs .;
- bay leaf - 3 pcs .;
- soda - a pinch;
- salt, black and red pepper - to taste;
- vegetable oil - how much will leave.
Method of preparation:
- Wash pork and beef. Blot them with napkins and cut into pieces. Scroll through the meat grinder, using the nozzle with large holes.
- Pass the garlic through the press and combine with the minced meat.
- Salt the minced and pepper.
- Mix milk with soda and starch. Pour into the stuffing and knead well with his hands.
- Put the stuffing on the film, cover with another layer of the film, slightly beat off through it and clean for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Make dense sausages of minced meat and fry them for a minute on each side in boiling oil.
- Put mititei in a saucepan or thick-pot.
- Peel and cut the onion into not too small rings or half rings. Sprinkle it on top of the sausages.
- Place the fox sausage and peppercorns on the sausages. Fill them with water and simmer for 30 minutes over low heat.
Home-made Mitites are always juicy and fragrant, they go well with any side dish.
Mititei is one of the best dishes of Moldovan cuisine, worthy of the attention of hostesses of the whole world. These tasty and nourishing sausages are cooked effortlessly and do not require high culinary skill. At the same time they look extremely appetizing. They can be served with any side dish and without it at all, with traditional Moldavian sauce or with ordinary ketchup, with pickles and fresh vegetables. It is safe to say that Moldovan mititei is almost a universal dish, which is pleasant to eat at any time of the year.