A kebab is a minced meat shaped like a pipe and fried on charcoal or otherwise. This dish, which was born in the East, took root in the Caucasus, and later became international in the full sense of the word, took root in our country. Recently, it has become increasingly popular among outdoor enthusiasts and is an increasing competition for kebabs. Traditionally, lyulya-kebabs were made from mutton, but today they use all kinds of meat for it. The most economical and low-calorie chicken kebab is made from chicken. However, in order to cook it tasty and juicy poultry meat, you need to know some subtleties.
Chicken Lyulya kebab is no more difficult to cook than from other meat. In this case, the dish will be nourishing, but not too high in calories. However, in order that it was also juicy, it looked appetizing, it would not hurt to get acquainted with the recommendations of experienced chefs.
- Do not take frozen poultry meat for cooking kebab. Even if you defrost it properly, it will be difficult to make a really juicy kebab out of it. Preference should be given to chilled or fresh chicken meat.
- Chicken breast is considered dietary, but you should not use it to make minced meat, from which you are going to make lula kebab. To make minced chicken sausages juicy, you must add the meat of chicken drumsticks. It is also desirable to use for the preparation of minced meat and chicken skin, although it can not be called useful.
- In order to mince in the process of frying it does not lose a lot of moisture, it remains juicy, the meat is better for him to chop with a special hatchet or heavy knife. It is necessary to resort to the help of the meat grinder only as a last resort. If you need to use a meat grinder, scroll the meat for lula kebab through a large grill.
- Usually, to increase the viscosity of the stuffing, fat or fat is added to it. After all, lula kebab is traditionally fried on skewers, and if the stuffing is loose, the sausages will quickly slip from the barbecue to the coals. However, in the case of cooking chicken kebab from chicken, you can do without fat. After all, chicken minced sticky in itself.
- To make the chicken kebab juicier, add onions or bell peppers to it. However, chop vegetables only with a knife. Otherwise, they will allocate a lot of juice, and the stuffing will turn out loose.
- It is not customary to add raw eggs to the minced kebab meat to increase its viscosity. Baton, semolina, flour, too, are not used. Therefore, the stuffing has to be very long and thoroughly knead with hands, and then carefully beat it on the board, throwing it at it. As a result, excess moisture from the meat is removed, and it becomes more dense. If this process is neglected, the kebabs will not hold the shape and fall apart during cooking.
Chicken lula kebab can be cooked in different ways and according to different recipes. It can be fried on a brazier or in a frying pan, baked in the oven on skewers or in foil. The technology of cooking lula kebab may depend on the specific recipe, but the general principles remain the same.
Kebab from chicken on the grill
- chicken (boneless) - 1 kg;
- onions - 0, 3 kg;
- fresh coriander - 50 g;
- fresh dill - 20 g;
- fresh parsley - 50 g;
- salt, seasoning for chicken - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the chicken carcass, pat dry. Separate the legs, wings, chicken breast. Cut the meat off the bones. Cut the large pieces into 2-3 pieces to form thin layers. Connect several pieces, tightly pressing them together. Chop with a heavy knife in two directions perpendicular to each other. Combine the small pieces of chopped meat together, chop them again. Repeat this action until the meat has the consistency of minced meat. Also chop the remaining pieces of chicken. Hack should be with the skin. If you do not want to eat the skin, you can instead add 100 grams of lard to the mince, but it is better to do with one type of meat.
- Peel the onions, cut them into small pieces, put them in a bowl with minced meat.
- Wash, dry, chop greens with a knife.
- Add the greens to the mince, add salt and chicken seasoning.
- For 20-25 minutes, knead the mince with your hands so that it becomes as dense and viscous as possible.
- Put the stuffing in the bag and beat it off for 10 minutes.
- Put the stuffing in the fridge for an hour, after removing it from the bag.
- Soak thick wooden skewers in the water - they keep the stuffing best. It is necessary to soak them so that they will not be burnt while frying the kebab over hot coals. If there are no wooden skewers of sufficiently large size, you can use the usual skewers.
- After an hour, remove the mince from the fridge. Take it in small portions and stick skewers around them. To prevent the stuffing from sticking to your hands, moisten them with warm water or vegetable oil. Do not make sausages thick, otherwise they will either not be fried or will burn them. The thickness of the kebab should be from 2, 5 to 3, 5 cm.
- Spread the skewers on the grill. Roast for 12 minutes. During frying, often turn the skewers over and fan the kebab with a fan. Do not sprinkle with water.
Serve ready chicken kebab with vegetables and pita bread. You can add the dish marinated onions. But the sauce is necessary. It can be made of several types: someone will like garlic sauce based on sour cream, someone will prefer sour-sweet tomato ketchup. For beauty, it doesn’t hurt to sprinkle the ready dish with greens.
Kebab from chicken in the oven
- chicken fillet - 1 kg;
- cheese - 100 g;
- Bulgarian pepper - 0, 25 kg;
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs .;
- fresh parsley - 50 g;
- dried basil - 10 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- yoghurt - 0.5 l;
- fresh dill - 50 g;
- lemon juice - 5 ml;
- fresh cucumber - 0, 2 kg;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- thin pita bread - 5 pcs .;
- lettuce leaves - 10 pcs .;
- vegetable oil - 40 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Wash chicken fillets, blot them with napkins, skip through a meat grinder, using the nozzle with large holes.
- Coarsely grated cheese, mix with minced meat.
- Crush the garlic, put it to the mince.
- Wash the peppers, cut the stalk, remove the seeds. Pepper finely chopped. The size of the pieces should not exceed 2-3 mm.
- Put the pepper in the mince.
- Finely chop fresh greens.
- Add minced parsley and dried basil to the minced meat.
- Salt and pepper the minced meat, knead it thoroughly and repel, then cool for half an hour.
- Prepare 10 pieces of foil by brushing them with oil.
- Remove the mince, divide into 10 parts. Form a sausage from each piece and wrap it in foil.
- Place the sealed kebabs in foil in an oven warmed to 180 degrees.
- After 10 minutes, carefully, so as not to burn yourself, remove the foil from the sausages and return them to the oven. Cook at the same temperature for another 10 minutes. 5 minutes before readiness turn over to the other side.
- While the kebab is being fried, make the sauce. To do this, wash and finely rub cucumber, mix it with yogurt. Add dill, finely chopped with a knife, a little lemon juice, add salt. Pepper and whisk.
- Cut each sheet of pita bread in half.
- Lightly grease the pita bread with sauce, put hot lula kebab on it, cover with lettuce folded several times. Wrap the kebab in the pita bread and serve with the remaining sauce.
Chicken kebab is a self-sufficient dish. Garnish to him do not need bread, too.
Chicken lula-kebab, if you cook it correctly, you will get tender and juicy. It well satisfies hunger, leaving a feeling of fullness for a long time, while it can be eaten even by those who follow a diet.