Donuts are puff buns deep fried. Traditionally they have the shape of a donut, but can be just round. Donuts are made from various types of dough, with or without the filling, often sprinkled with powdered sugar or coated with icing. Each type of this delicacy has its admirers, but in fact lush tender donuts are popular with almost everyone. In many stores you can buy such confectionery products in the assortment, but they cannot be compared with donuts prepared at home. Any hostess will be able to learn how to do it, if she shows patience and follows carefully the recommendations accompanying the selected recipe.
Making homemade donuts is not as difficult as it may seem at first. Even an aspiring cook will cope with the task if he knows and takes into account several important points.
- Most often donuts are made from yeast dough. Products for it you need to use warm or at least room temperature. The finished dough, and later the donuts made from it, are given the opportunity to come up and climb.
- You should not add a lot of sugar to donut dough, otherwise they can fry before they have time to bake inside. It is better then to generously sprinkle the products with powdered sugar or eat them, dipping in condensed milk, syrup.
- If you sprinkle hot powdered donuts with powdered sugar immediately after cooking, it softens and adheres firmly to the surface of the buns. If you want the icing sugar to cover donuts with a delicate layer, you need to use it shortly before serving them to the table.
- Fried donuts are usually deep-fried, but there are other ways of cooking. Oven baked donuts will not be so rosy, but more useful.
- Donut frying oil is refined. If you are cooking a large amount of sweet buns, sometimes you need to replace the used butter with fresh ones, otherwise the dessert may be harmful.
- You can donate cream in different ways. Some cooks slice ready-made buns and fill them with stuffing from a culinary bag. Other craftsmen form cakes from dough, spread cream on them, then fasten the edges of the cake and form neat balls with filler inside, then fry them in a large amount of butter or bake.
- As a filling for donuts, you can use boiled or chocolate cream, jam.
- Ready-made donuts are laid out in a sieve to drain the glass of oil, or on a napkin so that it absorbs excess fat.
You can serve donuts to the table both hot and cold. But they will be delicious only fresh. Donuts cooked more than a day ago are unlikely to appeal to you as much as freshly baked ones. In addition to donuts, it does not hurt to offer condensed milk, melted honey or syrup.
A classic recipe for donuts made from yeast dough
Calorie dishes: 5690 kcal, per 100 g: 294 kcal.
- wheat flour - 0, 9 kg;
- boiled water - 100 ml;
- milk - 0, 5 l;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- sugar - 60 g;
- salt - 5 g;
- butter - 100 g;
- vanillin - a pinch;
- dry yeast - 11 g;
- powdered sugar, vegetable oil - as required.
Method of preparation:
- Yeast mix with sugar, pour warm, but not hot water. Mix well.
- Separately mix and whisk the eggs, vanillin and salt with a whisk. Pour to the yeast, stir.
- Heat the milk to about 30-40 degrees, pour it into the prepared mixture.
- Add melted butter.
- Beat with a mixer or a whisk.
- Sift flour. Adding it to a glass in a yeast mixture, knead the dough. It is convenient to use a mixer with special nozzles for making dough.
- Leave the dough in a warm place for an hour.
- Punch the dough well, roll it into a thick layer (about 1 cm thick). With a glass cut circles, from the center of each circle with a small diameter tube squeeze out small circles. They can then be fried separately, turning them into mini-donuts, having the form of miniature balls - such products are popular with children.
- Remove the middle of the circles and wait for them to rise.
- Fry deep-fried donuts by putting them in hot butter in small batches.
- Put the donuts in a strainer. Wait for them to drain the oil.
It remains to put the donuts on a dish and sprinkle with powdered sugar. This version of donuts is considered a classic. They can not only be fried, but also baked in the oven. To do this, spread donuts on a greased baking sheet and send for 7-10 minutes in a preheated 200 degree oven. Baked products in the oven are dipped in melted butter and then sprinkled with powdered sugar. If you don’t have powdered sugar, you can easily make it from granulated sugar by grinding it to the desired consistency with a coffee grinder or blender.
Quiche Air Donuts
Calorie dishes: 5564 kcal, per 100 g: 324 kcal.
- wheat flour - 0, 6 kg for the dough, 30 g for the cream;
- milk - 0, 25 l for the dough and 0, 25 l for the cream;
- chicken egg - 1 pc. for the test and 1 pc. for cream;
- sugar - 10 g for the dough, 120 g for the cream;
- vanilla sugar - 10 g (in the dough);
- cognac or vodka - 40 ml (in the dough);
- dry yeast - 7 g;
- vegetable oil (for frying) - as needed;
- white chocolate - 60 g (for cream);
- powdered sugar (for decoration) - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Heat the milk to approximately 40 degrees, add quick-acting dry yeast and sugar into it, mix. Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, break an egg, add salt and vanilla sugar, whisk it.
- Pour the egg mixture into the brew, mix well.
- Sift flour. Gradually add it to the prepared yeast mixture, knead the dough.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover with a towel and leave in a warm place until it doubles.
- Punch dough.
- Pour 60-80 ml of cold milk into a clean bowl. Connect it with the egg, whisk together. Add sugar first, then flour, stir until a homogeneous composition.
- Heat the remaining milk almost to a boil. Pour it in a thin stream into the prepared mixture, whipping it with a whisk to prevent the formation of lumps. If it was not possible to avoid the appearance of lumps, strain the future cream through a sieve.
- On a water bath or at minimum heat, boil the cream, stirring, until it thickens.
- Grind chopped chocolate on a grater, put it into a hot cream, stir vigorously so that the chocolate is dissolved, being distributed evenly in the cream. Allow the cream to cool.
- Divide the dough into pieces, the size of which allows you to form a ball with a small chicken egg. Make cakes out of each piece of dough.
- Place a spoonful of cream in the center of the lozenges. Blind the pellets with the balls so that the cream is inside.
- Heat the oil. Putting balls in it (several pieces), fry them until golden.
- Take out a slotted spoon and place it on a napkin, the task of which is to absorb excess fat.
- When the donuts have cooled down a little, sprinkle them with powdered sugar.
Quark donuts will be a good addition to tea, coffee or cocoa, but you can eat them separately, without drinking any drinks.
Instant donuts from kefir dough
Calorie dishes: 5041 kcal, per 100 g: 413 kcal.
- wheat flour - 0, 4-0, 45 kg;
- sugar - 50-100 g;
- chicken egg - 1 pc .;
- kefir - 0, 25 l;
- soda - 5 g;
- salt - a large shchipot;
- vegetable oil - 40 ml in the dough, as required - for frying;
- butter - 40 g;
- dark chocolate - 80 g.
Method of preparation:
- Remove the kefir from the refrigerator in advance so that it is not cold. Pour soda into it, stir.
- Sift flour.
- Beat egg with sugar and salt.
- Combine the egg mass with kefir, mix well.
- Add vegetable oil, stir again.
- In parts, add flour, knead the dough.
- Roll the dough into a cake about 1 cm thick. Cut out rings or circles of small diameter.
- Heat the butter in a skillet and fry the donuts on both sides.
- Place the product on a napkin to rid it of excess oil.
- Butter and chopped chocolate melt in a microwave or in a water bath.
- Place the chocolate in a culinary bag or in a regular bag with a small hole in it with a toothpick.
- Apply chocolate zigzags to donuts.
- Put the items in the fridge to freeze the frosting.
Glazed donuts are served cold. If you prefer to eat them hot, instead of glaze, use powdered sugar topping.
Cottage Cheese Donuts
Calorie dishes: 6990 kcal, per 100 g: 470 kcal.
- flour - 0, 35 kg;
- cottage cheese - 0, 4 kg;
- sugar - 120 g;
- chicken egg - 2 pcs .;
- vanillin - on the tip of a knife;
- baking powder for dough - 7 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 0.5 l.
Method of preparation:
- Sift the flour, rub the curd through a sieve.
- Beat eggs with sugar so that they turn white.
- Add the curd and rub until smooth.
- Mix flour with vanilla and baking powder.
- Combine the flour with the curd mass. Knead the dough.
- Make a walnut-sized balls out of it.
- Heat the oil. Dip a few balls into it and fry them, stirring gently with a silicone spatula, to a rosy color.
- Catch the cottage cheese donuts from deep-fat with a slotted spoon, put on a napkin, in their place put a new batch of balls of dough.
Cottage cheese donuts can be served not only with condensed milk or syrup, but also with sour cream. This version of the dessert is considered the most useful.
Video: this yummy will make any children's holiday! Donuts in the oven
Video: Yeast Donuts with Milk
Donuts - one of the most inexpensive delicacies. In the presence of culinary experience, their preparation does not take much time and effort. Not only children, but also adults will be glad to such a dessert.