With donuts on yeast will have to tinker. The result, of course, will be much more magnificent and airy. But why all this? You can simply put jam on a loaf of jam, or buy “unfading” eclairs in the culinary department of the supermarket. Do not agree? Then stock up on flour and yeast and tune in to the creative way, today we have yeast donuts, which means it's almost a holiday.
Donuts on Yeast - General Cooking Principles
• Yeast dough for donuts is kneaded with milk, water or kefir using fresh or bulk “fast” yeast. It is prepared in the classic sponge method or in one stage.
• Yeast is mixed with flour very rarely, almost always before mixing, it is diluted in a small volume of warm, liquid base and mixed with other ingredients only after the yeast mixture rises with a frothy cap.
• Thoroughly kneaded dough with yeast, requires a long rise under certain conditions: in a warm place not in a draft. At this time, it must be covered with a canvas so that the top is not covered with a crust.
• Products are formed from dough rolled up by a layer, squeezing out blanks with a glass, or tear off small pieces from it and roll them with a ball. To obtain donuts in the form of rings, a small hole is cut out in the center of a blank extruded with a glass with a glass of smaller diameter. Donuts are formed with or without filling. Often, the stuffed donuts, filled with boiled condensed milk or jam, are filled with ready-made donuts using a pastry syringe.
• Fry donuts in a skillet in a large amount of vegetable fat or in deep fat. So that the products are well roasted and not burnt, the oil is heated to a moderate heat to 175 degrees. At a time, no more than four blanks are lowered into the fat so that they float freely and do not interfere with each other's rise.
• Finished products, after they have cooled down a little, are coated with specially prepared icing or sprinkled thick with powdered sugar. For more sweetness, you can completely roll them in powder.
Yeast donuts with filling
• milk - a quarter cup;
• 30 gr. pressed alcohol yeast;
• fine salt - a quarter of a spoon;
• 75 gr. granulated sugar;
• two eggs;
• flour with high gluten - 300 gr .;
• sweet cream butter - 70 gr.
• half a cup of apple or cherry jam;
• powdered sugar;
• refined sunflower oil.
1. Pound the yeast with sugar in a small bowl. Add half a cup of warm, not hot milk, mix and leave for 20 minutes, covered with a towel. Time may go even less, it all depends on the activity of the yeast.
2. In a water bath or in a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and temporarily set it aside to cool.
3. Gently breaking the shell, separate the egg yolk and pour it into a separate wide bowl, drain the protein into a cup and temporarily set aside. Add sugar to the eggs, whisk.
4. Combine the sweet egg mass with the cooled oil and the approached yeast brew, mix. Introduce flour gradually, kneading dough. As soon as it ceases to stick noticeably to the walls of the bowl, lay it on the table and press it on with hands until it becomes noticeably smooth.
5. Place the ball-shaped dough back into the bowl and, covered with a cloth, place in the heat to rise. Make sure that the tank does not stand in a draft, otherwise the dough will rise badly.
6. Place the increased ball in the flour, on the table and roll it in a uniform layer, up to half a centimeter thick. Squeeze out a glass of the blank from it, and cut the dough into one piece, roll out and repeat the process.
7. Beat the previously set aside protein and grease the edges of half the prepared circles. Put some jam into their center and cover with the remaining blanks without filling, close up the edges. Cover with a towel and leave for 15 minutes.
8. Pour the oil into the cauldron or deep frying pan and heat it well on high heat. Then reduce the flame level to medium and fry the donuts until you get a yellowish-brown blush.
9. Slightly cooled products, roll well in powdered sugar or sprinkle with it, sifting through a sieve.
Yeast donuts with custard
• two eggs;
• two tablespoons of vodka;
• full glass of sugar;
• eggs - 2 pcs .;
• white chocolate bar;
• 7 gr. “Instant” yeast;
• powdered sugar;
• 500-600 gr. flour;
• one gram of vanillin.
1. Heat a glass of milk, add yeast, half a teaspoon of fine salt, a full large spoonful of sugar and mix thoroughly. Pour one and a half tablespoons of refined vegetable oil, vodka and mix well again.
2. Knead, gradually introducing flour, dough and leave it warm, cover with a towel.
3. Prepare the cream. Take a glass of milk, boil three fourths and beat the rest with an egg and half a cup of sugar.
4. Add 1.5 tablespoons of flour and whisk again to break the lumps well. Then gradually enter the hot milk, immediately put on a small heat and cook, stirring intensely.
5. As soon as it begins to thicken, add the chocolate grated in a large grater and do not stop stirring until it is completely melted.
6. Increased dough in volume, cut it into portions of balls and form into cakes. At the center, put a little cold cream and close up the edges tightly.
7. Fry in deep fat or in a large amount of hot oil in a frying pan, spreading on a napkin first, so that excess fat can drain off.
8. Putting on a dish, pour lightly cooled products with powdered sugar.
Yeast-flavored Air Donuts
• one whole egg;
• half a liter of milk;
• 100 gr. sugar sand;
• six yolks;
• 20 gr. “Fast” yeast;
• half a spoonful of salt;
• 50 ml of medical alcohol;
• a small bag of crystalline vanillin;
• one orange or zest from one citrus;
• half a pack of Krestyanskoe oil;
• kilogram of high-quality flour;
• 150 gr. powdered sugar;
• 20 ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice;
• any jam or boiled condensed milk.
1. Double the flour and mix well with the yeast. In a water bath, dissolve the oil.
2. Whip the whisk with sugar until frothy. Add room temperature milk, salt and vanilla. Pour in medical, 96% alcohol and mix well at medium speed with a mixer. 3. Pour in the egg and, without ceasing to stir, enter half the prepared flour. At the end, pour in the butter and stir until you get a smooth dough. Cover it with a linen cloth and put into the heat for an hour and a half.
4. Shift the dough almost three times and place it on a table greased with vegetable oil, slightly crush and roll a centimeter thick layer. Squeeze the blanks with a glass and let them stand for about an hour for a distance under a damp cloth.
5. Fry the “donuts” fry in the oil heated to 175 degrees and place on the grid, under which you must place a paper towel.
6. Slightly cooled donuts through a cooking syringe, fill with any filling (jam or boiled condensed milk) and lubricate their surface mixed with powdered lemon juice. Sprinkle with orange peel, chopped on a fine grater.
Yeast donuts on kefir under chocolate
• margarine, creamy - 50 gr .;
• half a cup of medium-fat kefir;
• 300 gr. high quality flour;
• eggs - 1 pc .;
• 20 gr. “Instant” yeast;
• 1 gr. vanilla;
• 100 gr. dark chocolate bar;
• colored culinary powder.
1. Measure out two spoons of preheated water and stir dry yeast in it. Carefully break the egg, separate the yolk and whisk it well.
2. Mix the melted margarine with kefir and add yeast diluted with water to it, mix. Enter the whipped yolk, add vanilla and half a spoonful of salt and stir well. You can sweeten a little.
3. Knead the dough, gradually pouring the flour, and remove it closer to heat. Be sure to cover the bowl with a cloth so as not to bleach.
4. When it doubles, roll it out to a centimeter thickness. Squeeze the workpiece with a glass or mug, cut a hole in the center with a glass.
5. Fry the rings in a well-heated oil and place on the grill.
6. In a small bowl, fold the chopped chocolate into pieces, place the container over the steam and cover with a lid. When the chocolate is melted, pour two spoons of cold milk into it and stir it thoroughly. 7. Apply a warm chocolate icing with a thin layer on donuts and sprinkle it with cooking powder. Apply the icing as soon as cooked, it thickens quickly.
Donuts on yeast without eggs on water
• big spoon of vegetable oil;
• 200 ml of filtered water, or boiled;
• 400 gr. white flour;
• three spoons of refined granulated sugar;
• A large spoonful of “instant” yeast.
1. Mix a full large spoonful of sugar with yeast and dissolve the mixture in a glass of slightly warmed water.
2. Cross over 300 grams of flour, mix it with residues of sugar and a small pinch of finely ground salt. Add the yeast mixture that has risen to the foam.
3. Pour in a spoonful of butter and knead the dough, gradually and gradually pouring flour. Tighten the bowl with cling film and store in heat.
4. After raising the dough, crush several times and divide in small pieces. Roll balls of them, slightly larger than hazelnuts, and fry.
Yeast Donuts - American “Donats” under the glaze
• two yolks;
• a pound of flour;
• 1 gr. vanilla powder;
• 30 gr. ordinary yeast;
• homemade butter - 40 gr .;
• cane sugar - 60 gr .;
• medium-fat milk - 250 ml.
• three spoons of milk;
• icing sugar - 225 g .;
• juice from a quarter of thin-skinned, small lemon;
• any food dye.
1. Crumble smaller pieces of yeast into a suitable bowl. To them, add half of the prepared sugar and carefully, without haste, pound. Add a glass of cold milk, stir, dissolve everything, and put a quarter of an hour closer to the heat. For example, near the included burner.
2. Smash the eggs, separate the yolks from the whites and, after slightly loosening, let them stand for 10 minutes.
3. Pour the remaining heated warm milk into the foaming yeast, add a teaspoon of salt, mix.
4. Take two thirds of the measured flour and, adding it to the yeast mixture in parts, knead the batter. Then enter the yolks, knead well again and leave under the cloth for an hour. 5. Melt the butter, mix it with the remaining sugar and vanilla. Gradually pouring the butter and pouring the remaining flour into the brew, knead the smooth, homogeneous dough. Cover it with a cloth and put it back into heat.
6. Rising dough roll out a uniform layer of centimeter thickness and squeeze donuts billet out of it. In the center of each glass squeeze a hole and leave, covered with a cloth, for 15 minutes to lift.
7. After that, fry the blanks in hot oil and put the donuts on a disposable towel or grate.
8. Mix powdered sugar with food coloring and sieve through a sieve. Add cold milk, mix thoroughly. Pour in lemon juice, bring to homogeneity and apply a thin layer of icing on donuts.
Donuts on Yeast - cooking tips and helpful tips
• For a good “rise” of the dough, so that the products are lush, the yeast must be activated. To do this, they are bred only in a warm liquid and in no case do not overheat it, otherwise the yeast bacteria will die.
• It takes a lot of oil to deep-fry. To save it, use a small cauldron for frying or a thick thick-walled frying pan.
• Yeast dough quickly absorbs the poorly heated butter and the products are too fat. Dip the blanks in the fat only after it ceases to crackle and a slight haze appears over its surface, but not smoke.