Peanuts are one of the most inexpensive nuts, especially if you buy them raw and cook at home with your own hands. There are many ways to cook roasted peanuts at home, and more recipes. But if you want nuts to be baked evenly without any special tricks on your part, then it would not hurt you to learn how to fry peanuts in the oven. After all, this method allows you to get an excellent result with a minimum of effort and even in the absence of any culinary skills.
Although it is easy to roast peanuts in the oven, it’s necessary to know how to do it right.
- Raw peanuts are sold in the shell, without the shell, and completely peeled. The way of preparing a peanut for frying and the time of its preparation depend on how well it is “dressed”. The peanut enclosed in a shell is not necessary to wash, but it needs to be cooked for a rather long time - 25 minutes. Peanuts, covered with only a thin husk, it is better to wash and dry well. Its cooking time is 20 minutes. Fully cleaned peanuts need to be washed. He cooks the fastest - only a quarter of an hour.
- To simplify the process of cleaning, a baking sheet on which peanuts will be roasted will not interfere with making parchment or foil.
- You need to fry peanuts in a not too hot oven (at 100 degrees), placing the baking sheet approximately in the center of the oven. In this case, a baking sheet with nuts is recommended every 5 minutes to get out of the oven to mix them. It is not necessary to do this, but it is desirable that the nuts are roasted evenly.
- Spread peanuts on a baking sheet in a single layer - this is the only way it is well and evenly baked If you want to fry more nuts, then it will have to be done in several visits.
- After the peanut baking sheet is removed from the oven, no need to immediately remove the nuts from it. Cooling down, they will continue to prepare without the threat of being overcooked.
- Roasted peanuts are tasty on their own, but many people love it salty or sweet, with various spices and seasonings. If they are used, it is best to sprinkle them with peanuts immediately after it is removed from the oven.
- If peanuts in the husk were used for frying, it will be easy to remove after it has been fried: it is enough to rub it in the palms.
- Before you try peanuts, make sure that they are cold. Peeled nuts need half an hour for this, peanuts in the shell - a few hours.
Features of cooking peanuts in the oven may depend on the selected recipe.
Spicy peanuts roasted in the oven
- peanuts - 0.5 kg;
- salt (fine) - 20 g;
- ground cayenne pepper - 2 g;
- dried ground garlic - 5 g;
- paprika - 5 g.
Method of preparation:
- Prepare the nuts and sprinkle them on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking tray in the oven preheated to 100 degrees for 15-25 minutes.
- Every 5 minutes, take out a baking tray with nuts and mix them with a spatula.
- After the nuts are ready, remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Mix salt with hot spices, sprinkle with peanuts and mix.
- After half an hour, remove the peanuts from the pan and place them in a vase. It is also desirable to remove the peanuts in a paper bag - it can be stored in it for 4 weeks.
According to this recipe, spicy peanuts are prepared in Asian style. If you want to get a less spicy snack, the number of spices should be reduced. Salt, too, need to pour in half. Spices and herbs can be used and others, picking up their bouquet to your taste. If you want to get sweet peanuts, instead of salt and pepper, you should use powdered sugar and cinnamon. For specified in the recipe the amount of peanuts enough for two tablespoons of powder and one tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
Peanuts in honey glaze
- peanuts - 0.5 kg;
- vegetable oil - 50 ml;
- honey (melted) - 50 ml;
- salt (fine) - 5 g.
Method of preparation:
- Take a fully peeled peanut. If necessary, the peel from the peanut can be removed by soaking it for 5 minutes in hot water.
- Melt the honey by mixing it with vegetable oil (refined).
- Using a culinary brush, apply honey glaze on the nuts. If you need to save time, you can simply immerse the nuts in a sweet mixture and remove it with a skimmer, letting the excess glaze flow down.
- Dip the glazed peanuts in a small amount of salt.
- Put parchment on the pan, put glazed peanuts on it.
- Place the baking tray in the oven heated to 100 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking tray with the nuts; mix the nuts with a spatula and let them cool for an hour.
Peanuts in honey glaze are delicious, fragrant and sweet. It can be served with tea and cocoa, just to eat.
These recipes eloquently indicate that roasting peanuts in the oven is easy, besides this way of roasting nuts allows you to make unique treats that will almost certainly enthuse guests and households.