If you want to try making delicious cookies at home, then start with peanuts biscotti. It is prepared quite simply, does not require special skills or extensive culinary experience behind them - just mix the ingredients in a bowl, add what the soul asks for - in this case, the soul asks for peanuts. And so, in biscotti, you can add dried fruits, nut mix, candied fruits, seeds and even dried herbs. You can make biscotti soft or crunchy, like crackers. But do not forget that even soft cookies harden in a few days.
List of ingredients:
- 300 g flour,
- 200 g sugar,
- 1 tsp. baking powder (no slide),
- 3 chicken eggs,
- 2 tbsp. l peanuts,
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil.
1. In a bowl, pour: granulated sugar, sifted wheat flour and baking powder. Do not overdo it with the latter, otherwise your delicious Italian cookies will have an unpleasant taste of soda.
2. Add fresh chicken eggs to the bowl. By the way, it is better not to break eggs directly into a bowl, but into a separate glass, and only then pour them into flour - this is in case the eggs turn out to be spoiled. Start stirring all ingredients, first with a spoon and then with your hands. Add some flour if necessary. The dough will be sticky.
3. Mix the peanuts. It does not matter whether it is peeled or not, fried or raw. Spread the nuts throughout the dough. If the dough adheres strongly to the hands, sprinkle them with flour or spread them with vegetable oil.
4. Cover baking sheet with baking paper and spread it with vegetable oil. Make small sausages out of dough and place on a baking sheet. There were three “sausages” of these ingredients, which in the baking process greatly increased in size - the cookies turned out to be medium and large in size. If you want to get small cookies, then divide the dough into 4 parts.
5. Bake blanks for Italian biscotti for 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees. Then remove the baking sheet and allow the pieces to cool.
6. Using a sharp knife, cut the blanks lengthwise into pieces, 1-1.5 cm thick. Put them on a baking sheet and send to the oven again, for 7-8 minutes. Then turn it over and let redden the second side. Then cool the cookies and you can help yourself.
If you want soft biscotti, do not grill it after baking the blanks. Store cookies in a tightly closed jar.