Beef kebab is no less tasty than pork, if it is marinated before it. However, this process is long, usually takes at least 10-12 hours, otherwise the kebab is hard. You can shorten the time of marinating if you use the meat of a young cow. Marinade for veal shashlik can be softer than for old beef, but the dish will be juicy and tender. However, if there is a need to marinate meat quickly, it is advisable to use formulations containing acidic foods. Also, it will not be superfluous to add fat components to the marinade, since veal does not contain fat at all, which is why the kebab can turn out to be dry.
To cook a tasty barbecue from veal, finding a suitable marinade recipe is not enough. Without knowing a few important points, a cook can get not exactly the result he hopes for.
- To cook kebabs, veal tenderloin goes best. The use of a scapula is acceptable.
- Before marinating, veal should be cut into pieces about 4 cm in size. Such pieces will hold well on skewers, be roasted on charcoal for a relatively short time and can remain juicy inside.
- Stir marinated meat, preferably with your hands. This allows for the most uniform coverage of each piece of sauce.
- The quickest results are marinades based on acidic products. Veal on shish kebab is often pickled in vinegar, wine, pomegranate juice. Marinades based on lemon, mineral water, soy sauce, tomato juice are considered soft. For veal, they can be used only when there is an opportunity to keep meat in these compositions for at least 6-8 hours. The most fast-acting is marinade with kiwi.
- There is little fat in veal, so there is a risk of getting a dry snack. To avoid this, in the marinade include fatty foods. It can be sour cream, mayonnaise, vegetable oil, kefir.
- Veal is considered a noble meat, it does not use a large amount of spices in its preparation. You can limit the black pepper, you can use the standard seasoning for kebabs or hops-suneli.
- When choosing a dish for marinating meat, discard aluminum. This material comes in contact with acids, forming harmful substances.
Knowing the basic rules of marinating veal for kebab, you can fry it according to any of the favorite recipes.
Acetic-onion marinade for calf skewers
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 100 ml;
- refined vegetable oil - 100 ml;
- onions - 0, 6 kg;
- black ground pepper - 10 g;
- salt - 5 g.
- Meat in the amount of 2 kg wash, dry with a napkin, cut into pieces of about 5 cm. Fold the pieces of veal in a dish, which will marinate it on a skewer.
- Sprinkle meat with pepper, mix.
- Free the onions from the husk, cut it into rings about 3 cm thick.
- Sprinkle the onion rings with salt and crush them with your hands, so that the vegetable starts up the juice.
- Transfer the onion to the meat, mix.
- Combine vinegar and oil in a separate container. Pour the mixture with veal and stir again.
Marinate veal in vinegar-onion composition for 3-4 hours. Keep the meat all this time preferably in a cool place.
Quick marinade for calf skewers with kiwi and tomatoes
- Kiwi - 100 g;
- tomatoes - 0, 2 kg;
- onions - 0, 4 kg;
- salt, barbecue seasoning - to taste.
- Onion, freeing from the husk, cut into rings. Remember him to stand out juice.
- Wash tomatoes, dry with a napkin, cut into circles, not too thin.
- Peel kiwi, cut into small cubes.
- Prepare the veal by washing it and drying it, removing the film and other unnecessary fragments. Cut the meat into matchbox sized pieces. On specified in the recipe, the number of ingredients you need about 2 kg of meat.
- Sprinkle meat with salt and barbecue seasonings. Stir so that the spices are distributed evenly and cover each piece.
- Add vegetables and kiwi to the meat, mix the products.
After 1, 5-2 hours, you can string pieces of veal, onions and tomatoes on skewers and fry them over the coals. Keeping Kiwi marinade for a long time is not recommended, as this fruit softens meat fibers very quickly, and if you do not fry the meat on time, it will turn into a shapeless mass.
Marinade for veal shashlik with wine
- onions - 0, 3 kg;
- dry red wine - 0, 5 l;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Wash the meat, dry it, cut into suitable pieces for cooking kebab, put it in a bowl.
- Sprinkle meat with spices, mix.
- Cut the onion in small cubes, remember it well, put it to the meat, stir it again.
- Fill the meat with wine.
- Cover the meat with a plate, put something heavy on it. Put the veal in the fridge. Marinate it for 3-4 hours.
The amount of ingredients listed in the recipe will be enough to pickle 2 kg of young beef.
Kefir marinade for veal shashlik
- onions - 0, 5 kg;
- kefir - 0, 5 l;
- salt, a mixture of peppers - to taste.
- Onions, peeled, cut medium-sized rings and remember with your hands.
- Meat (2 kg) cut into cubes of 4-5 cm in size, having previously washed out, dried and cleaned from films.
- Pepper meat, mix with onions.
- Pour kefir products into the refrigerator.
Marinate veal in kefir for 6-8 hours. 2 hours before frying it on the grill, add salt and mix. If the veal is marinated in kefir, it will surely turn out juicy.
Veal kebabs can be enjoyed even by a novice chef, if he mars him correctly before that. There are a lot of recipes for marinade for young beef, and each of the options has its advantages. To choose the one that more than others will like, you need to try and compare several options.