Wanting to fry the meat on the coals, it must first be marinated. Otherwise, in order for the pieces to fry inside, they will have to be kept on the grill for a long time, and they will almost certainly be charred or dry. Traditionally, the marinade is prepared with vinegar or lemon, since it is acids that contribute to the softening of meat fibers, allowing you to quickly cook the product, while maintaining its juiciness. However, acids contain many other products, the use of which allows not only to soften the meat, accelerating its preparation, but also to give it a new taste. An example would be lingonberry marinade for barbecue. It is ideal for poultry meat and pork, and can be used for young beef.
Lingonberry marinade for meat can be prepared from fresh and frozen berries, lingonberry sauce or jam. The composition and technology of preparation of such a fill may vary. However, no matter what recipe you intend to marinate chicken or pork, you will need to know a few important points.
- Before marinating meat, it must be prepared. To do this, they wash it, dry it with a kitchen towel, remove the films, veins, then cut them into equal pieces weighing approximately 50 g each.
- Fresh lingonberries, intended for making marinade, are sorted, removing green and spoiled berries, forest litter, and then washed under running water. Frozen berries give the opportunity to thaw.
- You can grind lingonberries with a blender or meat grinder, rub it through a sieve. If the cranberry juice is used for the marinade, it turns out to be homogeneous. But cooked from cranberry puree, it may contain large pieces of berries, which, remaining on the meat, can burn. To avoid this, pieces of meat before stringing them on the skewers, it is desirable to shake off excess pieces of lingonberries.
- In cowberry marinade, meat is pickled for a long time. Pork is kept in it for 8-12 hours, chicken - 5-6 hours, veal - 12-14 hours. If there is a need to speed up the process, add vinegar (9%) to the marinade, taking 20 ml of this product per 1 kg of meat. Adding mineral water also speeds up the process of marinating. To do this, the meat is first soaked for 1-2 hours in mineral water, then marinated in a cranberry mixture.
- To make the kebab juicy, it is advisable to salt it shortly before extracting from the marinade.
Kebab marinated in cranberry composition is tender and fragrant and has a unique taste. Particularly successful is in it poultry meat.
Lingonberry marinade with fresh berries
- fresh lingonberries - 160-180 g;
- orange peel - 20 g;
- red wine vinegar (3 percent) - 60 ml;
- onions - 100 g;
- brown sugar - 40 g;
- salt, black pepper - to taste;
- water - 100 ml;
- olive oil - 100 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Lingonberries and sort out, rinse, put in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Add orange zest, mix.
- Place the saucepan on the stove. Over low heat bring its contents to a boil. Boil the berries until they start to burst.
- Remove the saucepan from the fire. Let the mass in it cool slightly, chop it with a blender.
- Free the onions from the husk and chop finely.
- Combine pieces of onion with berry mass. Add sugar and pepper to it. Beat it again with a blender.
- Pour in the marinade oil, mix it.
- Place meat in a container suitable for marinating. Pour the prepared marinade, mix.
- Keep meat in the fridge overnight or even for a longer time. An hour before frying, salt the meat and mix again.
Fresh lingonberries in this recipe can be replaced with frozen, olive oil - with any vegetable oil, but always refined. It is advisable to shake off the slices of onions and berries from the meat before the kebab is hot, otherwise they may start to burn.
A marinade made from a specified number of ingredients is enough for 2 kg of pork or chicken.
- fresh or frozen lingonberries - 0, 3 kg;
- honey - 100 g;
- salt - 7-8 g;
- ground black pepper - 2-3 g.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the lingonberries, dry, chop to puree in any way you like.
- Melt the honey, add to the cranberries. Stir.
- Add pepper and salt to the resulting mass, mix it again.
- Put the prepared meat in the marinade, mix it with your hands.
- Store the meat container in the refrigerator.
The chicken in this marinade must be kept for 3-4 hours, the pork - 2 times longer. The prepared composition is enough for 1, 5-2 kg of kebabs.
Lingonberry marinade from sauce
- lingonberry sauce (home or shop) - 0.5 l;
- onion juice - 0, 25 l;
- salt - 15 g;
- a mixture of peppers - 15 g;
- olive oil - 30 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Chop the onion using a meat grinder and squeeze. To obtain the amount of juice indicated in the recipe, it will take about 0.5-0.7 kg of onion.
- Combine lingonberry sauce, onion juice, pepper and butter. If you are cooking kebabs from pork or fat poultry, such as ducks, you can not add oil.
- Prepare meat by washing it out, dried and cut into pieces suitable for frying on skewers.
- Put the meat in the marinade, mix.
Beef in this marinade needs to be kept for a day, pork - at least 12 hours, chicken will marinate in this composition in 6-8 hours already. If you make a marinade from the total specified in the recipe number of ingredients, it will be enough for 3 kg of meat.
Lingonberry marinade - one of the rarest and most unusual. Using it for a kebab, you will surely surprise your friends. Meat seasoned in cranberry marinade acquires a unique taste. Especially well this composition is suitable for poultry meat or pork. This option of marinade does not harmonize with lamb. You can use it for beef, but you need to be prepared to wait long for its readiness.