In order for the kebab to be tasty, juicy and fragrant, it is very important to properly marinate the meat. Therefore, lovers of outdoor recreation are trying to find a marinade recipe that will cope with the task in the best way. This is the marinade for kebab with kefir, it is no coincidence that its recipes are becoming increasingly popular. Currently, the number of successful options kefir marinade so much that you can easily choose the one that will best fit your taste and suitable for your chosen type of meat for shish kebab.
If the meat for a shish kebab is not prepared, no master can fry it on the coals so that it is juicy and soft. Meat selection and marinating are important steps in which it is very important to follow a number of rules.
- Meat that has been subjected to freezing is no longer suitable for kebabs. It can be boiled or extinguished, but it is not suitable for frying, as it will turn out dry, even if it is well marinated. Therefore, the kebab need to take fresh or chilled meat.
- You always want the kebab to be tender. The meat of old animals has large and coarse fibers, therefore, even if it remains juicy, it will still not become very soft. Hence, preference should always be given to the meat of young animals, especially when it comes to beef, which is tougher than pork or mutton.
- The fat content of kefir, which is taken for marinade, depends on the type of meat. The leaner the meat, the fatter the marinade should be. For this reason, kefir with 1% fat is permissible to use only for pork, for lamb 2-2, 5% will be enough, for poultry meat and beef you need kefir with more than 3% fat.
- Kefir marinade is usually soft, so keep the meat in it for a long time. If you are going to kebabs and choose the marinade with kefir, then pickle the meat better the night before.
- Kefir is an acidic product, so when it comes into contact with aluminum, harmful substances can be released. For this reason, in aluminum bowls or pans, the meat for kebabs is not marinated. It is better to use dishes made of glass, ceramic, stainless steel or enameled.
- Salt is not added to kefir marinade, it is better to use unsalted spices too. This is due to the fact that salt has the ability to draw out liquid from products. If the meat is salted immediately, then during pickling it will lose some of the moisture and become dry. Salt meat, of course, will have to, but this can be done no more than half an hour before frying kebabs.
- So that the meat is well soaked with marinade, and later quickly roasted and not dried out during frying, it should be cut into medium pieces. The size of 4-5 cm will be optimal.
There are many recipes for marinade for kebabs. Some options are more suitable for beef, others for pork, and others for poultry meat. If you want to cook kebabs with a harmonious taste, choose a marinade based on the type of meat you use.
Marinade on kefir for pork
- pork - 2 kg;
- kefir - 1 l;
- onions - 0, 7 kg;
- seasoning for kebabs - 20 g;
- salt - to taste.
- Wash pork, blot with a towel. Remove the film veins. Leave the fat. Cut into 4-5 cm thick layers. Put in a bag, beat off slightly.
- Rub the layers with seasoning and cut into cubic pieces suitable for shish kebab.
- Peel the onions and cut them into rings about 3 mm thick. Remember onion hands, put it to the meat. Stir to distribute onion well.
- Pour kefir over the pork, stir and remove for 6-8 hours in the refrigerator.
Do not forget to salt the meat before stringing pieces of pork on skewers.
Marinade on kefir for poultry
- chicken or turkey fillet - 1 kg;
- kefir - 0, 7 l;
- curry seasoning - 5 g;
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- ground paprika - 5 g;
- dried dill - 10 g;
- onions - 0, 3 kg;
- salt - to taste.
- Wash the lemon. Squeeze juice out of it into a small bowl. Rub the zest and put it in a separate bowl.
- Peel the onions and cut them into thin half rings.
- Wash poultry, dry with paper towels, cut into pieces about 4 cm.
- Add dill, curry and paprika to lemon rind, mix.
- Add the spice mixture to the meat, mix.
- Pour lemon juice over the meat pieces and stir.
- Place an onion in the meat, after which you squeeze it with your hands, so that it will pour the juice. After that, the meat with onions must be mixed again, so that the onion is evenly distributed.
- Fill the meat with kefir. Stir again, remove to cold.
Poultry marinates quickly, so after 3-4 hours it can be salted, strung on skewers and fried. However, if you leave the chicken or turkey to marinate in kefir for the night, there will be no trouble.
Marinade on kefir for lamb
- lamb - 2 kg;
- garlic - 10 cloves;
- apple cider vinegar (6 percent) - 80 ml;
- kefir - 0, 6 l;
- onions - 0, 5 kg;
- fresh coriander - 100 g;
- ground black pepper, salt to taste.
- Prepare the mutton by washing it well and cutting it into pieces suitable for cooking kebabs.
- Finely chop the cilantro and mix it with kefir.
- Pass the garlic through a press, add to kefir, stir.
- Add pepper to it and pour in vinegar, mix again.
- Put the meat in kefir, mix.
- Peel the onions and cut them into not too thin rings. Bulbs better to choose a small size.
- Put the onion to the meat, stir everything, pressing it with your hands.
- Store in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
Skewers of lamb marinated in kefir will be tender and fragrant. According to the same recipe you can marinate lamb chops to fry them on the grill.
Marinade on kefir for beef
- beef - 2 kg;
- kefir - 0, 6 l;
- Kiwi - 2 pieces;
- onions - 0, 7 kg;
- seasoning for kebabs, salt - to taste.
- Wash beef, cut into 4-5 cm layers, repel. Cut the layers to get pieces of about 4 by 5 cm.
- Sprinkle meat with seasoning, stir.
- Peel the onions and cut them in thin half rings. Remember it and add to the meat. Stir.
- Peel kiwi, cut into several pieces and turn into mashed potatoes using a blender. Beat together with kefir.
- Pour kefir marinade with kiwi meat, mix and put in the fridge.
Marinade on kefir with kiwi allows to soften meat very quickly. Even the beef will have time to marinate in it for 3-4 hours. If according to this recipe to cook pork or poultry, then it will take 2 times less. It is very important not to exceed the recommended time of marinating the meat in the composition prepared according to this recipe, otherwise it will turn into a shapeless mass, softening too much.
Spicy marinade on kefir for meat
- meat - 2 kg;
- kefir - 0, 5 l;
- onions - 0, 5 kg;
- acute adjika - 50 g.
- Put the adjika in a bowl, pour in half a cup of kefir, mix well. Top up the remaining kefir and mix again.
- Peel the onions and cut them into small pieces, add to kefir, mix.
- Wash the meat, dry it with napkins and cut into pieces weighing about 50 g.
- Put the meat in a kefir marinade, mix.
Pickling time depends on the type of meat. The chicken needs to be pickled for 3-4 hours, the turkey for an hour longer. Mutton or pork in the marinade prepared according to this recipe should be kept for 6-8 hours, beef - 10-12 hours. Salt the marinade is not necessary if you use real Caucasian adjika, as there is a lot of salt in it. Otherwise, an hour before you decide to remove the meat from the marinade, add salt and mix it.
Marinade on kefir is considered soft, it does not make the meat too sour, but still copes with its task perfectly. The meat pickled in it turns out juicy and soft even when frying on coals.