Bread kvass few people can be surprised - almost all of our compatriots are well acquainted with the taste of this traditional drink. However, it can be done not only on cereals, but also on vegetables. Our ancestors enjoyed special respect for beet kvass, the use of which is confirmed by modern medicine. Hypertension, atherosclerosis, obesity and other problems are indications for drinking kvass drink on beets. This affordable, but rich in valuable items, vegetable conveys the beneficial properties of a refreshing drink made from it, which has a pleasant color and a unique taste. Modern mistresses make sense to learn how to cook beetroot and start to regularly include it in the family diet.
For the preparation of beet kvass, you do not need to have a perfect cook business, but knowledge of a few moments is necessary for this.
- Beetroot contains sugars that provide a natural fermentation of the drink without the addition of other ingredients, but this process is slow. Keep kvass at this time you need at a temperature of 18-20 degrees. At lower temperatures, the drink may not ferment, with a greater risk of developing pathogenic microflora in it.
- The process of fermenting a beetroot beverage can be accelerated by adding a small amount of salt to it, which contributes to the release of various substances from the beets, including sugar. Being a natural preservative, salt interferes with the reproduction of harmful microorganisms, which makes it possible to ferment the drink at a slightly higher temperature. The addition of salt to the finished kvass also has a good effect on the taste.
- The addition of sugar, bread crusts, yeast, lactic acid ferment, and curd whey will help to intensify the fermentation process. Many of these products are able to change the taste of the finished drink for the better, although it in itself is popular with many.
- For the preparation of kvass water is used boiled, but cooled to room temperature.
- To improve the taste, you can add berries, dried fruits, lemon juice, honey to beet kvass.
Despite the fact that beet kvass has not been very popular for many years, its cooking technology has not been lost. There are several recipes for this drink, which allows you to choose an option based on the gastronomic preferences of the chef.
Simple recipe for beet kvass
- beets - 0, 5 kg;
- water - 2 l.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the beets thoroughly, peel, cut into bars about 1 cm thick, fold to the bottom of the three-liter jar.
- Boil the water and cool it to room temperature. If you pre-filter it, it will be even better.
- Fill the beets with water. The liquid level should reach approximately the hanger of the jar, but not be higher, since during fermentation foam will form on the surface.
- Place the jar in a room where the temperature is kept at 20 degrees. Tighten the neck of the jar with gauze so that insects do not get into the drink.
- Wait until gas bubbles start to appear on the surface. This usually occurs in 3-6 days. Wait another day, if necessary, removing foam from the surface of the kvass.
- Strain and cool the beverage.
This recipe for beet kvass is considered traditional. This is how our ancestors prepared it. However, this is not the only recipe for beet kvass drink that can claim to be a classic. Often these drinks were made with the addition of sugar and bread.
Beet kvass with bread
- beets - 0, 25 kg;
- water - 2 l;
- stale rye bread - 50 g;
- sugar - 40 g.
Method of preparation:
- Cut the washed and peeled beets into straws, place them in a three-liter jar.
- Put in a jar sliced medium-sized bread.
- Add sugar.
- Fill the food with boiled water, cooled to room temperature.
- Bind the neck of the jar with gauze. Put the bank in a warm room, but not in a sunny place.
- Inspect the can for 3-4 days. If a mold-like film appears on the surface, remove it immediately.
- After the indicated time, strain the kvass and put it in the refrigerator.
Beetroot brew prepared according to this recipe can be used not only as a drink, but also for the preparation of okroshka and other cold soups.
Fermented beetroot kvass
- beets - 1 kg;
- cheese whey - 1 l;
- sugar - 50 g;
- sour cream - 5 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Coarsely chopped beets, put them in a jar.
- Heat the serum to 35-40 degrees, mix with sour cream and sugar. Pour her beets.
- Cover the can with a cloth and place it in a warm but not very bright place for 10 days. Every two days, remove the foam formed on the surface.
- After a specified period of time, filter kvass and refrigerate.
Beetroot kvass made according to this recipe is considered healing.
Beet kvass is an old lively fermentation drink related to Russian cuisine. It is distinguished not only by its unique taste and color, but also by its beneficial properties. You can prepare it according to different recipes. Beet kvass is not only drunk, but also used for making cold first courses.