How difficult it is to get past Korean salads!
Stunning vegetable-based snacks whet your appetite and tease you with their unique flavor.
Well, the queen among this magnificence is Korean carrot.
A simple, but very juicy and fragrant snack, decorate any table. And not necessarily to buy it.
This Korean carrot is very easy to make at home!
Real Korean Carrot - General Cooking Principles
For the preparation of this carrot in Korean will need large, juicy and bright roots. It is undesirable to use vegetables with large hearts of light color. Salad will turn out tasteless, grassy. Carrots before use, washed, cleaned and turned into a thin and long straw.
What can make a straw:
• a special knife resembling a vegetable peeler;
• straw grater;
• cut with a regular knife, so do many Koreans.
Spices for homemade Korean carrots can be used ready-made, they are sold in packs. But for a real snack, it's better to mix the ingredients yourself. Commonly used are different types of pepper, coriander seeds, sugar, salt and vinegar. Frequent ingredients of Korean snacks are onions and garlic, but greens are rarely added and in small quantities, as salads require long pickling and the leaves just fade. Add snacks with hot oil in a frying pan. It can be clean or with the addition of various vegetables.
Recipe 1: Real Korean “Classic” Carrots
To cook a real carrot in the Korean style in the classic version, it is better not to use a ready-made mixture of spices, which is sold in the store. The snack will be much more aromatic and tasty if you cook the spices yourself.
• 1 kg of carrots; • 3 cloves of garlic;
• 1 onion;
• 80 grams of oil;
• 0.3 tablespoons of red pepper;
• 0.25 tablespoons of coriander;
• 1 spoon of sugar;
• 5 allspice peppers;
• pinch of black pepper;
• 1 tsp. salts;
1. Wash and peel carrots. Rub the straw, put in a saucepan or bowl.
2. Peel the garlic, finely chop and put on top of the carrot.
3. Top pour all the peppers, salt, sugar.
4. Put in a mortar, coriander, pepper and grind with a pestle to a powder. Also pour over the carrots.
5. Pour oil into the pan, set on fire.
6. Clean onion bulb, cut and fry until golden brown.
7. Then we extract pieces of onion with a skimmer, leaving only butter in the pan.
8. Carrot sprinkled with vinegar.
9. Pour onion oil with vinegar over carrots with spices. Pour evenly over the entire area and cover the bowl (pot) with a lid. Give stand for half an hour.
10. Open the carrots, mix well, tamp and send to the refrigerator for 10 hours.
Recipe 2: Real Korean carrots with onions
For real Korean carrots, you need a good, juicy onion. It is better to use white and purple varieties, with them the snack is more tasty. Salat is desirable to stand at least an hour, but it is better to leave for the whole night.
• 0.5 kg of carrots;
• 0.25 kg of onions;
• 70 grams of oil;
• 4 cloves of garlic;
• 0.5 tsp. salts;
• spoon of sugar;
• black and red pepper.
1. Dilute 2 tablespoons of vinegar in 300 ml of water. The solution should be acidic, add 0.5 tablespoons of sugar, dissolve.
2. Cut the peeled onions into thin, almost transparent half rings and send them to marinade. Set aside while we cook the rest of the ingredients.
3. Shred or cut the carrot into strips, put in a bowl. Top with black and red peppers, approximately 1/3 teaspoon of each type. Add salt, sugar, mix. 4. Three or pass through the press peeled garlic cloves, put on top of the carrots.
5. Heat the vegetable oil in the pan until the smoke appears and immediately pour it on the carrots, mix.
6. Squeeze the onions from the vinegar pickle, combine with the carrots, stir. Give the salad to stand for an hour, try. If there is not enough acid, then you can add a little pickle from under the onion, if spicy, then add more pepper.
Recipe 3: Real Korean Carrots with Chicken
Gorgeous salad with a stunning taste of chicken. For real Korean carrots, it’s best to use the breast. Ideally, it is not cooked and just marinated. But we will not risk it and fry the product in the pan.
• 400 grams of carrots;
• 300 grams of chicken;
• 1 onion;
• 50-70 grams of oil;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• salt, sugar, vinegar;
• 2 basil sprigs;
• 0.5 tablespoons of coriander;
• 2 spoons of soy sauce;
• hot pepper.
1. We rub carrots, we sprinkle with vinegar, we mix.
2. Put chopped garlic on a carrot, sprinkle with salt, sugar, add ground grated coriander and hot pepper. The amount of pepper is arbitrary, to your taste.
3. Cut the chicken into strips, mix with soy sauce, you can add any seasoning for poultry. If you have time, then leave to marinate. If not, then fry in a pan until golden brown.
4. Remove the chicken, spread on carrots. Add chopped basil.
5. In the oil after the chicken, fry the finely chopped onion until light golden and immediately pour it over the carrots and chicken. Mix well, cover and send the salad to infuse for the cold.
Recipe 4: Real Korean carrots with mushrooms
For the preparation of this snack will require pickled oyster mushrooms, they are the best combination with real Korean carrots. But with a deficit, you can take any other mushrooms, for example, more affordable champignons. Ingredients
• 300 grams of carrots;
• 250 grams of oyster mushrooms;
• 1 tsp. ready Korean seasoning;
• 3 spoons of butter;
• garlic clove;
• 1 tsp. vinegar;
• salt, sugar.
1. Cut the marinated oyster mushrooms into strips, pre-decanting all the liquid. If the mushrooms are slimy from the marinade, then it is better to rinse them under running water and let them drain well. We send the prepared mushrooms in a bowl.
2. Rub the carrot into straws. We lay on top of the mushrooms, the layer is leveled by hand.
3. Put chopped garlic, sprinkle with Korean spices, salt, put a pinch of sugar. For a more spicy salad, you can additionally add red peppers.
4. Heat the oil in a pan, pour it over the carrots and mix well.
5. We ram the salad with a spoon, cover and cool for 2-3 hours.
Recipe 5: Real Korean Carrots
Recipe for real carrots in Korean with funchozy. Appetizer turns out unusually appetizing, nourishing, fragrant. In this recipe, the main ingredients are used in equal amounts. But if you wish, you can add more funchoses or carrots.
• 250 grams of carrots;
• 250 grams of funchose;
• coriander, hot pepper, black;
• sugar, a little salt;
• soy sauce;
• 50 grams of oil.
1. It is better not to boil funchoza for this snack. Just fill the rice noodles with boiling water and leave for 10 minutes, covered with a lid. Then the liquid is drained, rinse funchoza running water.
2. Rub the carrots, combine with spices, sprinkle with vinegar.
3. Cut the onions into cubes, fry in oil until a good ruddy. Then we catch the pieces, and pour the oil into the carrots.
4. Add funchozu, pour in a spoon of soy sauce, mix, insist 2 hours and can be served. You can also add sweet peppers, sliced into thin strips, in this appetizer. It also turns out delicious.
Recipe 6: Real Korean carrots with eggplants
The recipe for stunning Korean-style carrots with the unparalleled aroma of fried eggplants. For the preparation of snacks, it is desirable to use small vegetables so that the seeds are small and immature.
• 200 grams of eggplants;
• 400 grams of carrots;
• 0.5 cups of oil;
• sugar, salt;
• coriander, a mixture of peppers;
• garlic clove (you can put more);
• a little vinegar.
1. Remove the eggplant tips, cut into strips first, then crosswise. Sprinkle with salt, leave for an hour to leave bitterness. Then wash the pieces of vegetables, wring out and leave for a while.
2. Shred peeled carrots, put in a bowl.
3. Add to the carrots garlic, spices, pour a solution of vinegar. Salt this snack gently, as the eggplants are already soaked with enough salt.
4. Heat the oil in the pan, fry the eggplant pieces. We do it on high heat, vegetables should not become soft, 2 minutes is enough for cooking.
5. Put the red-hot eggplants on carrots and immediately cover with a lid. We hold it like this until it cools down completely, then mix it and leave it in the cold for another 3 hours.
Recipe 7: Real Korean carrots with squid
Another great recipe, this time with squid. For the preparation of this Korean carrot is best to use fresh product. Canned squid do not fit.
• 2 squid carcasses;
• 400 grams of carrots;
• Sesame spoon;
• 100 grams of oil;
• salt, pepper, sugar, vinegar;
• 1 tsp. coriander;
• 2 pcs. garlic.
1. Clean the squid. To do this, drop the thawed carcasses for a minute in boiling water, then remove, put in cold water and remove the film. Cut into rings.
2. Shred peeled carrots with straws, mix with prepared squid. 3. Add chopped garlic, crushed coriander, salt, pepper, sprinkle with vinegar.
4. We heat up the butter in the pan, add the onion sliced in half rings, fry until transparent and pour out the sesame. Cooking together for another minute, focusing on the seeds, they should lightly browned.
5. Remove the pan and pour the mass of squid with carrots with the hot mixture, mix well, cover. After cooling the snack, remove the container for 6 hours in a fridge for pickling.
Real Korean Carrots - Tips and Tricks
• If the carrot is not juicy enough, you can resort to one trick. We rub the product with straws, put them in a colander and pour boiling water from the kettle. We water for several seconds. Then lay out in a cup, cool and prepare a snack according to any recipe.
• Coffee grinder - a great helper, helping to quickly grind any spices. But for carrots in Korean, it is better to use a stupa with a pestle. When grinding, the ingredients are not crushed into flour, more esters are released, the spices are much more fragrant and tastier.
• Korean carrot graters are different and the straw is different not only in thickness, but also in shape. It can be square, flat, polygonal. The neater and smoother the edges of the straw, the more beautiful the snack will be.
• Korean-style carrots will acquire a special flavor if red pepper is added to the oil heated to smoke, and only then poured into a snack.