Fragrant boars are very tasty in soups, roasts, pies, meat dishes. But before using mushrooms for their intended purpose, they must be processed. It is not so simple how many elastic butter dish: how to clean this mushroom, every hostess should know.
Why clean the oil
Pretreatment of the oil before involves not only getting rid of debris and sand. Many mushroom pickers are advised to remove the film from the cap. Opinions on such cleansing are different. Someone does not bother themselves with such work and just washes mushrooms, while others scrupulously clean their hats. What for?
The meaning is as follows:
• a film that is not peeled from mushrooms can give them a bitter taste;
• released from the film boletus are more gentle;
• when the film covering the mushroom cap gets wet, it becomes “snotty”, and the mushrooms can stick together in one lump (especially important for pickled butter);
• Without a film, oils are white, beautiful, and with a film - dark.
Whatever it was, brushing oil was accepted. You can not touch the small size of the mushrooms, since it is almost impossible to remove the film from them.
Harvested mushrooms can be cleaned on a dry day, in nature or at home. If mushroom hunting was carried out in the rain, then the oil should be dried beforehand. This can be done under a shady canopy in the open air, spreading the crop on newspaper sheets, or at home.
Some housewives dry mushrooms at a low temperature in the oven, but in this case it is necessary to lay portions several times, which is not very convenient. It is easier to spread the mushrooms on the working surface of the table or directly on the floor and wait for the natural weathering.
If oil is collected for drying, you do not need to remove the film from them. How to clean the oil in this case? You need to take a fairly tough brush and sweep off the sticks, blades of grass, sand and other debris from the feet and caps of the oiler. If the dirt has stuck thoroughly, it must be scraped off with a knife or simply cut off. Wipe each fungus with a soft, clean cloth and send to dry.
How to clean the oil can in the forest
Harvesting mushrooms, you can right in the forest to do their cleansing. If the day is sunny, the mushrooms are dry, it is much more convenient and pleasant to process them immediately. Do not have to drag into the house the extra dirt, and work in nature is not so boring.
How to clean the oil in the field? It's very simple:
• the tip of the cap must be gently broken;
• pick up the edge of the film with a mushroom harvesting knife and pull it off the cap.
Fresh peel is separated quite easily, and cleaning does not take much time. However, this method is not suitable if the weather is rainy. Soaked caps become very slippery, you have to take the harvest home and dry the mushrooms.
How to clean the oil at home
Home-produced oil can be easily cleaned with boiling water. To do this, just boil 2-3 liters of water in a large saucepan and throw the oil into the boiling liquid for literally half a minute. After such an extreme swim it is not difficult to clean off the film from the cap.
Another option - hold the mushrooms on boiling water. Steaming time is the same - 30 seconds. The main thing is that the steam was solid, thick. In this case, the film will separate easily.
Many mushroom pickers know, how unpleasantly the film sticks to the hands and knife during the processing of oil. Adhesive literally sticks to the fingers and the cutting surface, which makes it very difficult to work. There is an easy way to make your life easier: the fingers and the blade of the knife just need to be lubricated with vegetable oil. This will prevent the film from pouring and protect your fingers from coloring mushroom juice.
If you plan to clean the mushrooms in the forest, you can take along an oil-soaked cloth. It can be put in a plastic bag: it takes a little space, and cleaning really speeds up and makes it more comfortable.
How to clean boletus: tips for hostesses
A strong but capricious butterdish makes us think about a lot: how to clean this mushroom, how to fry it, whether to marinate or easier to dry. However, there is another important point that may excite beginning mushroom pickers: how to avoid blackening of the skin on your hands and how you can wash your hands? The fact is that after brushing, dark mushroom juice literally eats into the fingers. To get rid of it, hands need to be treated with lemon juice or a solution of vinegar (take table vinegar and water in equal proportions). Darkened skin should be moistened with an acidic substance. After the acid has worked, you will only have to rub your fingers with a regular pumice stone or a stiff brush. Then rinse everything off, and you must apply a moisturizing or nourishing cream on your hands.
By the way, oiled fingers do not get dirty with dark juice. Here are some more important tips:
• In no case should the oil be soaked before cleaning. The fact is that the structure of the mushroom cap is tubular, so it easily draws water. At the same time, the mucous-oily film covering the cap swells. In this state, it is impossible to clean the oil;
• You can pull the film off the mushroom not with a knife, but with gauze. To do this, in a hat of a cleaned mushroom, you must press (quite perceptibly, tightly) a piece of ordinary gauze. Then pick up the edge of the oil film stuck to the fabric and pull over the gauze edge;
• Larger parts are easier to clean. They need to cut to a dense film, and then pull the halves in different directions. Sticky skin can be removed quickly and easily.
Peeled from the film boletus obtained in the dishes more beautiful and not so slippery. To clean or not to clean the mushrooms, each hostess must decide for herself.